Leaving ABDL. AMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions about your history:
  1. What age were you potty trained?
  2. Did you ever wear diapers or pullups for bedwetting or daytime accidents after you learned how to use the toilet?
  3. What age were you when you first remember wanting to wear diapers again?

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Regardless of what others have said here it sounds like ABDL and/or your relationship to it is giving you trouble. I think it's totally okay to take a breather from it and do some reading/therapy/relaxation/other self-care activities and reevalute your relationship with it.

I agree with others that it will likely always be a part of your life but it's importance and the time you spend on it can fluctuate from year to year or even week to week. Find what works for you in the moment.

I hope you find what brings you peace :)

Reactions: BBBen, FatalGeometry and PadPhilosopher
FatalGeometry said:
Hi. I've made the decision to leave ADISC and anything ABDL related as it has been impacting my personal life far too much for me to continue, similar to how addictions can. I just can't deal with all the secret keeping and my conflicting morals due to my upbringing (Catholic). This is my last thread on ADISC. Feel free to ask anything you like about why I joined, why I'm leaving, how I plan to stay away, etc. No questions are off limits (ADISC rules permitting).

I'll keep the account active for one week to reply to anyone who asks any questions, and if you want to keep in touch with me you can DM with your Discord username and I'll send you a friend request from my non-ABDL account.
wish you all the best!

Reactions: FatalGeometry and PadPhilosopher
Just want to wish you luck, and please let us know in 30 years if it works! I would be curious in your strategy as well if you are DMing something more specific than your post earlier.

I have only seen two types of "success" posts. One is the "been in a purge for 3 months, success!" kind of post, basically they have not relapsed yet. The other is "my friend showed this to me, but now I quit, you can too!", when we all know that these desires are not some from external sources.

I agree with @Sealander's guess, this is just self selection bias, no one that quits is coming back 5, 10, 20 years later and saying they did it, why would they?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sealander, BBBen and PadPhilosopher
not to be a bit brash. However, this fits the typical binge/purge cycle. Also, there is nothing wrong with you... Please seek some professional help to sort things out. You can be Religious and Kinky; Please don't deny who you are... it will only hurt yourself and those around you.

• Thinking
Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
@FatalGeometry I respect what you're attempting to do, for many reasons. I struggled with the sexual aspect of wearing for a long time, but eventually was able to desexualize wearing and using completely. I did have to do that in order to feel right about it. I agree that if something is taking over your life, it is destructive, and you have to take drastic steps to control it, and perhaps should get it out of your life completely.

I am saddened that you have turned from Christ Who gave Himself for us, and Who has become so dear to me, but I hope that in time, you will hear His wooing calling you to fellowship with Him. The people who would condemn you for your choices are not acting like Him in that regard; nonetheless, doing the things that make for peace is wise on your part, and there is no pleasure which has any right to come between you and your family.

I only just discovered you existed, and now it's goodbye, but I sincerely wish you well, whatever your future holds.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Angry
Reactions: depta99, FatalGeometry and TeeMousy
ARBBB2 said:
I wish you the best, I did 18 months and another 24 months w/o, while doing therapy, marriage counciling, a 12 step group weekly, also telling my pastor about it all. I still love the ab/dl part of me, my wife does not but we are still married. June 1st will be 50 years, she has know about me loving diaper for 56 years.(I wish at times I could stop) For your sake I really hope you can let go of it!!! Would love to hear how its going as u are working on Your sobriety from diapers!! I really mean that!!!
WOW! Congratulations, that's one hell of a commitment! Seeing how much interest there is in it I might get someone who I'm staying in contact with long-term to post an update on my behalf sometime, since I'll be fully deleting this account in a few months (still got an Amazon Prime contract running and I'm binging House M.D).

DiaperedTeddyBear said:
I have a few questions about your history:
  1. What age were you potty trained?
  2. Did you ever wear diapers or pullups for bedwetting or daytime accidents after you learned how to use the toilet?
  3. What age were you when you first remember wanting to wear diapers again?
I was potty trained very early, just after I turned 2, which was earlier than everyone my parent's knew from daycare groups and such. That actually got in the way of my Autism diagnosis since late potty training is a common feature of Autism. Apparently I just really wanted to be grown up, and in fact I did mature much earlier than most of my peers (mainly because I'm quite posh compared to where I grew up).

Nope. Never. Since I was out of diapers as an infant I've never had to wear anything whatsoever. And I only ever had (that I know of) two accidents once I had joined my school, because we had a demonic teacher when I was 6 that wouldn't let kids go to the bathroom almost ever (lots of people had accidents there, she got sacked).

I discovered ABDL when I was around 11 years old, and I think I probably first thought about wearing diapers again when I was 12 or 13, but never actually wanted to until I was 15-16.

Thank you for the questions. I gather that in the grand scheme of the ABDL community my answers are a bit unusual but hey, we're all a bit unusual in one way or another. Much love <3

googlyeyes467 said:
I agree with others that it will likely always be a part of your life but it's importance and the time you spend on it can fluctuate from year to year or even week to week. Find what works for you in the moment.
I think that this likely will be part of my life for at least a very long time, given how my mind treats it similarly to a substance addiction. If someone was an alcoholic but doesn't drink anymore, they're a recovered alcoholic. You don't really get to lose that, ever. You just remain vigilant and try to stop yourself from taking that first drink, and I think that's what I'll have to do also.
Much love <3

• Love
Reactions: littlestmay
Seug said:
Just want to wish you luck, and please let us know in 30 years if it works! I would be curious in your strategy as well if you are DMing something more specific than your post earlier.

I have only seen two types of "success" posts. One is the "been in a purge for 3 months, success!" kind of post, basically they have not relapsed yet. The other is "my friend showed this to me, but now I quit, you can too!", when we all know that these desires are not some from external sources.

I agree with @Sealander's guess, this is just self selection bias, no one that quits is coming back 5, 10, 20 years later and saying they did it, why would they?
Whoa, 30 years? That's a heck of a long way away from me given that I'm not even 20 yet, but perhaps I might give an update in a few years time through someone else I'm still in contact with, since I'll be deleting this account to try and ensure against relapse.
Much love <3

Sprint3473 said:
not to be a bit brash. However, this fits the typical binge/purge cycle. Also, there is nothing wrong with you... Please seek some professional help to sort things out. You can be Religious and Kinky; Please don't deny who you are... it will only hurt yourself and those around you.
I don't define myself by ABDL any more than I define myself by my chosen career path. I'm a person who happens to be interested in it at this moment in time. If I try my hardest and still can't kick this out then I might seek professional help though not the type you're implying, but help with fully getting rid of this desire. And I've been in B/P cycles before and this really does feel very different. Previous B/Ps have been impulsive, this was heavily premeditated and I've remained on goal for weeks. That's a new thing to me.

Rest assured that by trying to get away from ABDL I am not denying who I am any more than someone is denying themselves by switching University degrees. It's not a key part to who I am. I'm also not religious anymore, I just have religious family members and a religious upbringing.

PadPhilosopher said:
I respect what you're attempting to do, for many reasons. I struggled with the sexual aspect of wearing for a long time, but eventually was able to desexualize wearing and using completely. I did have to do that in order to feel right about it. I agree that if something is taking over your life, it is destructive, and you have to take drastic steps to control it, and perhaps should get it out of your life completely.

I am saddened that you have turned from Christ Who gave Himself for us, and Who has become so dear to me, but I hope that in time, you will hear His wooing calling you to fellowship with Him. The people who would condemn you for your choices are not acting like Him in that regard; nonetheless, doing the things that make for peace is wise on your part, and there is no pleasure which has any right to come between you and your family.

I only just discovered you existed, and now it's goodbye, but I sincerely wish you well, whatever your future holds.
I thought I'd said this before. Please stop trying to bring me back to my religion. I left for a long list of very good reasons and anyone who has attempted to reconvert me has only pushed me even farther away from their goal. This sort of thing doesn't work on strangers. Maybe it works on close family and friends who you can pressure into it but I have no attachment to you, as you say you only just discovered that I existed. I'm pretty sure Moo said to stop the religious pressure and debate too.

May I ask, if you do have a PHD (I can't understand if your bio is a joke or not), what do you have it in? Just curious as I also plan to study a PHD.

Last edited:
FatalGeometry said:
I thought I'd said this before. Please stop trying to bring me back to my religion. I left for a long list of very good reasons and anyone who has attempted to reconvert me has only pushed me even farther away from their goal. This sort of thing doesn't work on strangers. Maybe it works on close family and friends who you can pressure into it but I have no attachment to you, as you say you only just discovered that I existed. I'm pretty sure Moo said to stop the religious pressure and debate too.

May I ask, if you do have a PHD (I can't understand if your bio is a joke or not), what do you have it in? Just curious as I also plan to study a PHD.
I wasn't trying to bring you back to anything; I wouldn't presume to have that ability. I expressed the hope that one day you would find what I found, which isn't religion, but a living and vital relationship with the Living Savior. But, I know that if this takes place, it will be because of factors and relationships most likely having nothing to do with me. I'm sorry that my wish for you to find joy to replace your frustration felt unkind. Others here have been very unkind to you, some in the name of God, and I'm sure people in real life have, too, and I'm sorry for that. I think the strong snark, some not religious in nature, was what was concerning Moo, but I have no wish to make you feel politely badgered, either.

The PHD is a joke, but apparently it confuses everyone, so I suppose I should change it. Others have made the same statement of confusion.

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: FatalGeometry, Edgewater and TeeMousy
I get it. Being Abdl definitely complicates your life, and can sometimes feel like it’s holding you back. Good luck!

Reactions: TeeMousy and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
I wasn't trying to bring you back to anything
The content of your original message and the way in which you worded your second suggest otherwise. I am an ex-evangelical and hence know all the ways in which people try to subtly push religion on people through word choice and elaborations whilst maintaining some level of plausible deniability. I presume that my description of this should be enough to let you know that I know what you're doing.

If truly you don't understand my description, and can say that without feeling a shred of guilt or remorse, then I recommend that when speaking to those who do not share your religion you stick to more simplistic descriptions of what you believe, and refrain from using the subliminal persuasion and pomp that a minister might use when speaking to his congregation.

• Wow
FatalGeometry said:
The content of your original message and the way in which you worded your second suggest otherwise. I am an ex-evangelical and hence know all the ways in which people try to subtly push religion on people through word choice and elaborations whilst maintaining some level of plausible deniability. I presume that my description of this should be enough to let you know that I know what you're doing.

If truly you don't understand my description, and can say that without feeling a shred of guilt or remorse, then I recommend that when speaking to those who do not share your religion you stick to more simplistic descriptions of what you believe, and refrain from using the subliminal persuasion and pomp that a minister might use when speaking to his congregation.
You've been hurt, clearly. I do understand your description, but that's not what I did. To state that one enjoys something, and hopes that another can also find it wonderful, isn't manipulation. If it were about a certain car, you wouldn't have found it so. Clearly there is a great deal of pain associated with what you've been taught to call Christianity, and I'm sorry for that. I hope you find peace.

Reactions: TeeMousy
FatalGeometry said:

Imagine knowing, feeling and understanding god yet still turning away... that right there is the unforgivable sin.

• Wow
LittleRascal said:
Imagine knowing, feeling and understanding god yet still turning away... that right there is the unforgivable sin.
Answered in DMs because I actually respect Moo's wishes to not argue about religion.

• Thinking
FatalGeometry said:
I've found something else. Something to commit to fully. Something I want to achieve so much more badly than I've ever wanted to wear or do ABDL things. And if I ever do anything ABDL related again, I will throw obstacles in my way to backtrack me in achieving this goal.
Well this sounds incredibly self destructive.

As an ex-catholic myself I do feel for you. But if (when) this doesn't work you may want to try changing your attitude towards your abdl side instead. That's the real cause of your problems imo.

• Thinking
Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back