Leak Guards and Pull-Ups

leicesterfan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've found that with many adult pull-ups like Tena, Depends, ID etc, the leak guards are pretty poor and it's quite easy to leak them if you're in the wrong position, even without flooding them

From the ones I've tried, the best seem to be the Abena Abri-Flex because the leak guards are higher and the fit tends to be a bit more substantial rather than simply an elastic belt with a glorified pad hanging down from it

But I wondered what other people has found with other products, are there maybe some which outperform the Abenas in terms of feeling confident?

I've seen photos of the DryLife ones which look pretty decent, but have never had chance to try them myself

I’m lucky enough to still be able to use pull ups most of the time for work. I haven’t tried the abena, or the dry life, I use north shore go supreme lites. I work in construction, the black ones are discreet, comfortable even after a 10 hour shift, and they hold a decent amount if needed.

I certainly hope they've improved, but I know when Always Discreet Boutique first launched, the leak guards were hilariously bad. As usual, the leak guard is a piece of material, folded over a strand of elastic and sealed in place, right? They overdid the sealing (it looked like with an ultrasonic welder), melted straight through, and left the leak guards full of holes.

I've said it before & I will say it again
Adult pullups are aweful

They just took the kids one and gave them bigger sides
The padding is aweful
holds very little and leak like a faulty spaghetti strainer

Also interested in the Livdry if anyone’s tried them. Those and the older rely seem to have good leak guards from the photos but would like to know if anyone has tried those.

Back