Last one

Diaperedonthedownlow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Whenever I get down to the last one I never seem to wear it in fear of they won't make it or they will change it!? I find myself collecting more because of that fear! Or am I just being silly?

Reactions: Edgewater and Lumos
Yeah, every time I take out a new diaper, I'm a little sad, as I now have one less diaper.

Reactions: Edgewater
Diaperedonthedownlow said:
Whenever I get down to the last one I never seem to wear it in fear of they won't make it or they will change it!? I find myself collecting more because of that fear! Or am I just being silly?
This is legit I think :) Since I first stated having to manage incontinence a little over 7 years ago, I tried a lot of different brands, sizes, etc., and just about every time I found a fantastic product, I felt myself wanting to horde it in case it were to be discontinued. I sometimes felt like I was being silly…until I wasn’t.

Within that timeframe, two of the products that I really liked have been discontinued: Confidry 24/7 (I realize they had some issues, especially the tapes, but I loved the fit, they were extremely comfortable, and they absorbed amazingly well) and just recently, Incontrol Essential, which had been my staple for over 3 years, has also been discontinued. I’m hearing great things about the replacement, so I’m not panicking (haha…) but I think it shows the root point that your concern is justified.

HalMidLife said:
This is legit I think :) Since I first stated having to manage incontinence a little over 7 years ago, I tried a lot of different brands, sizes, etc., and just about every time I found a fantastic product, I felt myself wanting to horde it in case it were to be discontinued. I sometimes felt like I was being silly…until I wasn’t.

Within that timeframe, two of the products that I really liked have been discontinued: Confidry 24/7 (I realize they had some issues, especially the tapes, but I loved the fit, they were extremely comfortable, and they absorbed amazingly well) and just recently, Incontrol Essential, which had been my staple for over 3 years, has also been discontinued. I’m hearing great things about the replacement, so I’m not panicking (haha…) but I think it shows the root point that your concern is justified.
I miss the 24/7s too! Not IC, but at the time I was wearing every night for at least a year. I got to try a lot of different diapers, and the 24/7s still stand out in my memory as the best all around fit for my body! Elastic in just the right places and the shell was soft to the touch with just the right amount of stretch to minimize sag :)

Haven't been able to wear nearly as much lately, and wish I still had at least one of those 24/7 left!

Moicano said:
I miss the 24/7s too! Not IC, but at the time I was wearing every night for at least a year. I got to try a lot of different diapers, and the 24/7s still stand out in my memory as the best all around fit for my body! Elastic in just the right places and the shell was soft to the touch with just the right amount of stretch to minimize sag :)

Haven't been able to wear nearly as much lately, and wish I still had at least one of those 24/7 left!
I have one full bag left…they’re part of my “emergency supply” stockpile that I originally started just as the pandemic was starting to become worrisome. Now I always keep about a 3-4 month supply of diapers on hand. But I can’t bring myself to open that last bag because it’s…the last one :-(

Edited to say: yes, that’s exactly it for me as well. Even thought the 24/7’s had a large fit and covered a lot of surface area, they were also sort of svelte fitting. They were surprisingly slim, had a nice and snug fit that didn’t get stretched out during the day, the elastics were great as you say, the plastic shell was excellent, and they were also fairly trim between the legs… which is my only gripe about my other staple - I find them to be a bit bulky in that area.

Last edited:
:unsure: I am that way about a lot of things, not just diapers. But I do have one diaper that was from my very first sample of 3 diapers I bought. I ended up trying other brands and styles and never got around to wearing that one. I always thought I would save it for some "special occasion", but I don't know what that would be. Maybe I should just frame it as a memento or something. lol

Reactions: Edgewater and Diaperedonthedownlow
I don't really do this but I am currently doing it with a single kiddos from abu.com. they don't make it anymore and I love the way it fits and feels. Not to mention how it crinkles. I'm just kind of hoarding it back for a special occasion I guess.

Reactions: ABDLlover, TeeMousy, db80 and 1 other person
Being 24/7, U-IC, I do not keep memento as for me, diapers are a commodity. As a result, my interest are in their functionality and feel, especially during use. Also, I tend to target premium diapers that provide the protection I require.

I understand the want to maintain a stock of products that meets one requirements, but it is important to understand that one needs the space and the abilities to maintain proper storage requirements to assure that the diaper does not degrade and become no longer functional. The most common items that fail are those that rely of glue(s) to hold the diaper together or in place. It is important to remember that package folds become every more difficult to release to allow the diaper to lay semi-flat when placed on oneself.

It is also important to understand that the industry is constantly changing as new manufacturing methods , product and components become available. This results in changes occurring about every 5 to 7 years within a specific product line. Add marketing choices and changing customer opinions regarding interests in a product changes can occur even faster.

I rarely have more than a three month supply, but more commonly a one month supply.

Reactions: TeeMousy
Back