Killing The Stigma

BabyBoy2023

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I, being an ABDL, don't think it's weird or shameful, though I do keep it in private. I have read numerous sickos who claim we are weirdos, pedophiles, etc. I have to say they are the weirdos, sickos, and whatever else they have to throw at us. It takes a pedo to know one, and usually, those who accuse others are guilty of the same thing. What can we, as ABDL's, do to break the stigma?

This is a somewhat complicated topic, from my point of view if you explain to someone that you use a diaper out of necessity they will understand. But if you tell him that you use it for sexual pleasure, things change, and within the ABDL community itself there is stigma. I give the example that talking about adult diapers for adults in the ABDL community is okay,But talking about children's diapers for children, whether it is our child or close relative, is a forbidden topic in the ABDL community. I understand the reason why it is prohibited, the topic was always diverted and everything ended in a risque sexual context and I believe that the ABDL pedophile profile was born. I use diapers by life choice but not by necessity and I understand that using them makes me strange. On the other hand, I like that children's diaper brands make larger diapers and advertise on television or the internet. This helps end the stigma by showing older children wearing diapers. The reality is that there is a double standard regarding the use of diapers.

We can’t do anything to break the stigma. I wouldn’t even say there’s a stigma given that most people don’t know we exist. People are always going to find us weird and they will be content with their gut reaction unless they have a personal reason to put effort into understanding. As society become more tolerant in general, more people will just shrug their shoulders when they hear about us but I don’t think there’s much that we can do to accelerate that process, which is a massive, large-scale social phenomenon.

Reactions: CrazySmoker and dogboy
BabyBoy2023 said:
I, being an ABDL, don't think it's weird or shameful, though I do keep it in private. I have read numerous sickos who claim we are weirdos, pedophiles, etc. I have to say they are the weirdos, sickos, and whatever else they have to throw at us. It takes a pedo to know one, and usually, those who accuse others are guilty of the same thing. What can we, as ABDL's, do to break the stigma?
Well sadly we (the abdl community) will always be fighting the stigma as long as there are negative personalities I'm the world that have nothing better to do then try to destroy what they simply don't understand

Iam very private with my Adult Baby self.
I hide myself away.

I don't think you can break the stigma and the most you can hope for is that people who know you personally won't care. Personally I don't see why societal acceptance matters anyways. Just do what you do and be glad that you can do it at all. I see no reason to be little in public all the time and I think a lot of people who do that just want attention. I do think that the way some of us behave in public certainly doesn't help. Like it or not, most people will never want to see an adult dressed like a baby walking around in a diaper all the time. We look ridiculous to everyone else and we always will and that's just the way it goes. It's not nice, but it's true

Reactions: LinkDL, mammalun, KBoy and 1 other person
PinkyJujubean said:
I don't think you can break the stigma and the most you can hope for is that people who know you personally won't care. Personally I don't see why societal acceptance matters anyways. Just do what you do and be glad that you can do it at all. I see no reason to be little in public all the time and I think a lot of people who do that just want attention. I do think that the way some of us behave in public certainly doesn't help. Like it or not, most people will never want to see an adult dressed like a baby walking around in a diaper all the time. We look ridiculous to everyone else and we always will and that's just the way it goes. It's not nice, but it's true
Oh, I don't think we should be dressed like babies in public no way, no how. I use diapers for my IBS with diarrhea and my degree of bowel incontinence, but I have my private ABDL side, which is inspired by my many childhood memories. It just kills me how some people who don't know me, and if they did, and if they knew I am somewhat an ABDL, would say that people like myself are pedos when that is not so. I don't have an attraction to children, and I most certainly don't associate with those who do. I don't even believe it is right for children to be taught the things that are being taught in sex ed classes today. They're kids for God's sake. Let them keep their innocense. I didn't know that stuff when I was a kid. My ABDL side does not involve fantacies about other children, but rather, my own personal memories of myself as a kid in diapers and the fun I had. So for someone to label us when they don't know us, that is the thing that gets me, but as the saying goes, "arrogance is the height of ignorance."

Reactions: PinkyJujubean, KBoy and Joediaper
The thing that really bugs me is that there are people like us, who don't force our ABDL side on anyone at all, and then, there are those people like that Paul guy, who was arrested a while back after he took advantage of adult women who took care of people with special needs. He was busted when it was revealed he wasn't mentally challenged and that he was using these women as his way to achieve arousal, and that to me was rude, ignorant, and downright unacceptable. He texted these women, all the while acting as if he were his parents doing the texting, and these women picked him up, took care of him for the whole day, and dropped him back off at his parents' house in the evening. Then one of the woman got suspicious when they saw him using a second phone he had hidden to text her while she was driving him home.
People like this guy don't help us any, and it's really sad because these people are the problem and they deserve everything they get. If it wasn't for them, the stigma probably wouldn't be that big a deal; however, now that his crap was publicised, that puts a big stain on people like us.

Reactions: MarshallfromPawPatrol
Honestly, it's not going to happen in our lifetimes. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy exceptance as a person.
Many people are fighting for civil rights and they deserve them, for abdl's you're best experience will probably be being supportive of others, as far as coming out is concerned, it's a personal choice as far as I am concerned. I feel being out as a sissy baby is dangerous, but I am mommy's boy everyday, in public, discreetly

KBoy said:
Honestly, it's not going to happen in our lifetimes. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy exceptance as a person.
Many people are fighting for civil rights and they deserve them, for abdl's you're best experience will probably be being supportive of others, as far as coming out is concerned, it's a personal choice as far as I am concerned. I feel being out as a sissy baby is dangerous, but I am mommy's boy everyday, in public, discreetly
I got your point, and this is why I am so happy there is Adisc, because it is the only place where I can feel totally acceptance from others as an ABDL. I accept myself as is and wouldn't change things no matter what. Thank you all for being my friends. I appreciate you with everything in me. Once again, many thanks.

This is why most of us including myself, live in the AB/DL closet. Actually, I have no desire to tell others that I enjoy wearing diapers and the occasional baby clothes, etc. I don't think it's anyone's business and I'm sure they don't want to invision me as an adult baby in a wet diaper...haha.

Reactions: messydiaper, CrazySmoker and KBoy
dogboy said:
This is why most of us including myself, live in the AB/DL closet. Actually, I have no desire to tell others that I enjoy wearing diapers and the occasional baby clothes, etc. I don't think it's anyone's business and I'm sure they don't want to invision me as an adult baby in a wet diaper...haha.
I agree with you. It isn't anyone else's business but ours and of course our sygnificant others' if we feel comfortable letting them know. That's why I searched for an ABDL girl and I found my Baby Emily. The only one who knows about me other than Emily is my cousin who has taken a psych course in college and has read all about Freud, who discusses this topic. Other than that, nobody outside of Emily's, Andrea's, and my little circle knows.

Something I forgot to say in the last post is: What do you do, though, if you hear someone talking at random about the ABDL community and they are spewing nothing but crud out of their mouths? Do you yourself stick up for the ABDL community without giving yourself away? Do you say you know people who are ABDL's and they would throw themselves in front of a train to protect children? I'm just curious. I feel this community needs defenders, and I'm just wondering how to go about it without causing a big uproar so to speak. It doesn't help that we have people like Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer, both of whom have exploited ABDL's on their shows for their own ratings. I feel these kinds of shows hurt the ABDL community badly; for example, the Dr. Phil episode about the ABDL named Brad. Now I agree he was going a bit too far because his girlfriend wasn't a willing party, though she played along. Why didn't they seek help from a private therapist instead of bitching about it on Dr. Phil for everyone and their brother to see? That's just exploiting those of us who live our lives with dignity, a sense of decency, and a deep-rooted respect for others. What's your take on this? I think this is another reason for society to label us with these harsh terms. They see us as disrespectful pigs when actually, we are not.

As long as people don't fit in the "normal" mode we will be perverted sick people. To many people if you have sex any other way except missionary style you are sick. So I guess there are many perverted sick people around.

Floodingpants said:
As long as people don't fit in the "normal" mode we will be perverted sick people. To many people if you have sex any other way except missionary style you are sick. So I guess there are many perverted sick people around.
Yeah, and please, don't think I am knocking believers in God, but there are lots of so-called "religious" people who are weirdos and they, themselves, have been found guilty and been thrown in prison for doing horrible things to both children and adults. Warren Jeffs is just one example of that.

Reactions: CrazySmoker and Floodingpants
BabyBoy2023 said:
Something I forgot to say in the last post is: What do you do, though, if you hear someone talking at random about the ABDL community and they are spewing nothing but crud out of their mouths? Do you yourself stick up for the ABDL community without giving yourself away? Do you say you know people who are ABDL's and they would throw themselves in front of a train to protect children? I'm just curious. I feel this community needs defenders, and I'm just wondering how to go about it without causing a big uproar so to speak. It doesn't help that we have people like Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer, both of whom have exploited ABDL's on their shows for their own ratings. I feel these kinds of shows hurt the ABDL community badly; for example, the Dr. Phil episode about the ABDL named Brad. Now I agree he was going a bit too far because his girlfriend wasn't a willing party, though she played along. Why didn't they seek help from a private therapist instead of bitching about it on Dr. Phil for everyone and their brother to see? That's just exploiting those of us who live our lives with dignity, a sense of decency, and a deep-rooted respect for others. What's your take on this? I think this is another reason for society to label us with these harsh terms. They see us as disrespectful pigs when actually, we are not.
This is really about opportunity, potential reception, are you talking about Hells Angels or a college professor. And even someone like myself just doesn't want to get into a conversation that will go nowhere.
I saw a pansexual person in the newspaper, the other mechanics in my shop were freaking out over it, one young tradesworker said that the picture made him shake, he wasn't angry, he was a fairly well educated man for my world and pretty open minded. But he was very uncomfortable with the pictures and the story, which was quite tame. Other men displayed disgust and anger.
I said nothing....

KBoy said:
This is really about opportunity, potential reception, are you talking about Hells Angels or a college professor. And even someone like myself just doesn't want to get into a conversation that will go nowhere.
I saw a pansexual person in the newspaper, the other mechanics in my shop were freaking out over it, one young tradesworker said that the picture made him shake, he wasn't angry, he was a fairly well educated man for my world and pretty open minded. But he was very uncomfortable with the pictures and the story, which was quite tame. Other men displayed disgust and anger.
I said nothing....
Gotcha. I was just curious as to how to handle these types of things. That's all.

BabyBoy2023 said:
Oh, I don't think we should be dressed like babies in public no way, no how. I use diapers for my IBS with diarrhea and my degree of bowel incontinence, but I have my private ABDL side, which is inspired by my many childhood memories. It just kills me how some people who don't know me, and if they did, and if they knew I am somewhat an ABDL, would say that people like myself are pedos when that is not so. I don't have an attraction to children, and I most certainly don't associate with those who do. I don't even believe it is right for children to be taught the things that are being taught in sex ed classes today. They're kids for God's sake. Let them keep their innocense. I didn't know that stuff when I was a kid. My ABDL side does not involve fantacies about other children, but rather, my own personal memories of myself as a kid in diapers and the fun I had. So for someone to label us when they don't know us, that is the thing that gets me, but as the saying goes, "arrogance is the height of ignorance."
Speaking as a teacher, one that gets to teach sex ed, I have to say I don't agree with your attitude towards sex ed at all. 1) sex ed is about understanding your body, every child has a right to know how their body works, both physical and mental health, and dealing with emotions. A good sex ed curriculum is informative but not judgemental. Neither does it go and tell kids how they must be, only how to embrace uniqueness and find their own way through relationships and sex in as safe a way as possible. 2) you can't leave it up to parents (and for the love of a kid's sanity, please don't leave it to religious leaders of any kind) as the majority cannot cope with having those conversations with their kids. Or they perpetuate weird myths (like there are only 2 types of biological sex - a little knowledge of genetics will tell you otherwise) 3) kids need to talk about their complex feelings about sex with someone. Every year I meet at least one young teenager feeling suicidal because their parents can't (and often won't) accept them for who they are. Take away the sex ed and these kids will go back to being on their own. It's odd that you are worried about "label us when they don't know us" and yet seem to be against education so kids do learn to "know us". 4) Sex ed is one way to break the stigma and build tolerance for others. My mum raised me with the idea that "ignorance breeds hate". She meant racism but it can equally be applied to prejudices towards different sexualities.

Now I'm not saying everyone has to spread their private life all over social media. But to break stigmas and build tolerance, it all starts with how you raise the kids. I know my sex ed lessons have prevented kids taking their own lives. I know those same kids have parents that will never, ever accept that their child the way they are, in part because they refuse to get educated themselves. I will continue to educate and stand by my students in their quest for self discovery, acceptance and tolerance regardless of their specific issues.

Reactions: dogboy
If we don't have sex-ed taught by trained teachers we will have sex-ed 'taught' by peers or, almost as bad, the internet. Kids, especially with the hormonal changes of puberty, are going to want explanations for new things they are feeling and experiencing.

Parenting is the one job we give amateurs with minimal to no training. All to often parents pass on the things they learned as kids even when they really know that the world doesn't function that way.

And yes there are situations where an individual contains 3 sex or an odd combination of chromosomes instead of the normal two (XX or XY), but that is a very very small portion of the population (5 out of 10000) and teens with this anomaly need to be handled as a one-off by the medical profession.

Even though parents may have misconceptions of things sexual, they need to be part of the conversation. Teaching items that parents strongly disagree with just sets us up for another set of confrontations. I wonder if parental meetings (or seminars) with the sex-ed teachers to go over the controversial items might be a start to defusing these confrontations before they get even more political.

As with most complex issues there is almost always a solution the simple straight-forward and wrong. Complex problems usually require a multi-faceted or complex solutions. But each side getting on their high-horse and calling the ones the disagree with names is NEVER part of a solution.

Back