Just plastic pants and a pad

DiaperedAndDamp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As a kid I had to wear snug-fitting plastic pants (“Sandra incontinence pants”) with either folded terry toweling or a disposable absorbent pad in the crotch because I had frequent but not very heavy wetting incidents during the daytime. (And a full terry nappy/diaper with more roomy pants at night.)

I remember how the pants stuck/clung to my hips, where they were in full contact with my skin. And I grew to like the feeling, although I was really embarrassed that I needed to wear them to school and everywhere else.

This was in the 1970s, when there were no other options. Later, disposable adult diapers and different pad-and-pant combinations became available and my mother switched to those. My wetting never really stopped for any significant amount of time, so I have gone through my whole education and professional life wearing some form of protection. And (like a lot of us) I have accepted it as simply part of who I am and embraced it.

Relatively recently I discovered the same pants from my childhood are still sold and, of course, I had to buy some “for old times’ sakes”.

Now I have started wearing them once more with a disposable pad inside ... often just the pad section of a commercial adult diaper with the side “wings” cut off. And all those old feelings of liking how the plastic sticks to my skin at the sides have come back!

And (unexpectedly) I have found that because of this the pads stay in place much better than when I use the wings and adhesive tabs as intended ... no slipping down or sagging. An acquires taste, perhaps, but it’s an arrangement that works for me!

Reactions: KrazyJoe67, jamesattends, Nappyboybob and 3 others
Well, you're certainly not alone in loving the way plastic pants feel next to your skin. I'm totally a plastic lover, and I wear my plastic panties pretty much as underwear with nothing under them.

Reactions: marlin and Angelapinks
DiaperedAndDamp said:
As a kid I had to wear snug-fitting plastic pants (“Sandra incontinence pants”) with either folded terry toweling or a disposable absorbent pad in the crotch because I had frequent but not very heavy wetting incidents during the daytime. (And a full terry nappy/diaper with more roomy pants at night.)

I remember how the pants stuck/clung to my hips, where they were in full contact with my skin. And I grew to like the feeling, although I was really embarrassed that I needed to wear them to school and everywhere else.

This was in the 1970s, when there were no other options. Later, disposable adult diapers and different pad-and-pant combinations became available and my mother switched to those. My wetting never really stopped for any significant amount of time, so I have gone through my whole education and professional life wearing some form of protection. And (like a lot of us) I have accepted it as simply part of who I am and embraced it.

Relatively recently I discovered the same pants from my childhood are still sold and, of course, I had to buy some “for old times’ sakes”.

Now I have started wearing them once more with a disposable pad inside ... often just the pad section of a commercial adult diaper with the side “wings” cut off. And all those old feelings of liking how the plastic sticks to my skin at the sides have come back!

And (unexpectedly) I have found that because of this the pads stay in place much better than when I use the wings and adhesive tabs as intended ... no slipping down or sagging. An acquires taste, perhaps, but it’s an arrangement that works for me!
The "Sandra" plastic pants were what I used in my mid teens but with terry nappies. I was fascinated by the plastic pocket on the inside for use with pads. I remember they were available in many sizes from very small to very large but in 2" increments to get the correct fit.
The ones I had came in a red and white box. sandra pants.jpg

• Love
Reactions: pdiapered, jamesattends, DiaperedAndDamp and 1 other person
Oh my, I so remember those boxes and the strong PVC smell of the plastic pants !

Reactions: jamesattends and sissybaby34
cf803c531581fec6b2d94dd468c444d0.jpg

Attachments

• SANIPAC5.jpg
    SANIPAC5.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Love
Reactions: pdiapered, sissybaby34, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
dpcare said:
Really interested in seeing this catalogue page as the male urinal pictured is almost exactly the same as the pubic pressure urinal I wear 50 years later. Great design stands the test of time.

Constantlydamp said:
Really interested in seeing this catalogue page as the male urinal pictured is almost exactly the same as the pubic pressure urinal I wear 50 years later. Great design stands the test of time.
does the condom catheter slip off due to no erection?

Reactions: Constantlydamp
The external catheter is held on by straps and a waist belt tightly into your groin so is ideal for those with a small or retracted penis. It is made by a company called Jade Euro-Med and I can highly recommend it.
Fireball44 said:
does the condom catheter slip off due to no erection?

Born in the 60's, I asked my mother which kind of diapers I've been wearing.
She told me that she started with cloth but quickly, a snapped plastic pant was available with disposable insert to put inside.
She said that anyway, I was potty trained before 2 and that I didn't experience them for long.

I clearly remember these plastic pants and disposable insert as I insisted to get some at 4-5

But when I eventually got them, I found that it was not designed for comfort!

When I had a road accident at 12 (mid 70's), as I was not able to move in my bed, I asked if I could also have a diaper like my chamber mate (around 10 yo, he was in an integral cast!). It was still the plastic snapped pant with inserts. They told me I was too big for that and could use an urinal...

Then soon after, the disposable baby diapers appeared and I immediately fall in love with them until I wasn't able to wear them anymore.
But the adult ones came in mid 80's.

I tried several times to go back to my original plastic pant plus insert (some kind of Binge & Purge) but I don't like it for more than one hour. And they leak...

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
I just ordered some plastic pants that are marketed as pool pants. The website says to wear them under swimwear and they come in all ages/sizes. I can only imagine being an incontinent kid and being given snug fitting and stretchy plastic pants to wear straight on my butt. Awesome!

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and vp39
crooke3 said:
I just ordered some plastic pants that are marketed as pool pants. The website says to wear them under swimwear and they come in all ages/sizes. I can only imagine being an incontinent kid and being given snug fitting and stretchy plastic pants to wear straight on my butt. Awesome!
Got a URL? I'm always curious about different plastic panties....

DiaperedAndDamp said:

Hi there Diaperedanddamp,

You are probably my favourite person! I hear you wore the Sandra’s with pads inside the pouches…
I discovered them a few years ago, I really wanted a plastic pant that was an ‘all in one’, and I found they were pretty difficult to find nowadays. I was amazed they were embossed and looked like a shower curtain material!
Boy, did they stink of PVC when you opened them, and I’m sure you agreed on this! One thing is that they aren’t exactly the same type of PVC used in the past. It seems rougher now. I have compared older pairs that are clearly softer, stretchier and much more ‘rubbery’. Sandra also used a sanitiser on the material which was promoted on the box (I forget the name!)

I know you tried wearing them again… are you still doing so? I wear most days to work, and also at night, so pretty much I’m in PVC full time next to the skin. I don’t mind the feeling either, you’re right about the ‘bond’ created by wearing them - a slight amount of sweat from the skin seals the plastic as it moulds to your bottom, this keeping the thin crotch pad in place.

They are perfect for my dribble, the thin pad is sufficient. I tend to use a washable length of material, and wash the pants and pad I used in the morning ready for another pair in the evening, including bedtime. It does remind me of a ‘shrinkwrapped’ items in these pants, but they work!
What sort of pads do you use, and where do you buy? I found it rather hard at first, as Henleys didn’t sell any, strangely. I rather prefer washable ones, rather than throwing away. I have used a length of material I cut up to fit the plastic inner holders.

Reactions: marlin and GatoChihuahua
jamesattends said:
Hi there Diaperedanddamp,

You are probably my favourite person! I hear you wore the Sandra’s with pads inside the pouches…
I discovered them a few years ago, I really wanted a plastic pant that was an ‘all in one’, and I found they were pretty difficult to find nowadays. I was amazed they were embossed and looked like a shower curtain material!
Boy, did they stink of PVC when you opened them, and I’m sure you agreed on this! One thing is that they aren’t exactly the same type of PVC used in the past. It seems rougher now. I have compared older pairs that are clearly softer, stretchier and much more ‘rubbery’. Sandra also used a sanitiser on the material which was promoted on the box (I forget the name!)

I know you tried wearing them again… are you still doing so? I wear most days to work, and also at night, so pretty much I’m in PVC full time next to the skin. I don’t mind the feeling either, you’re right about the ‘bond’ created by wearing them - a slight amount of sweat from the skin seals the plastic as it moulds to your bottom, this keeping the thin crotch pad in place.

They are perfect for my dribble, the thin pad is sufficient. I tend to use a washable length of material, and wash the pants and pad I used in the morning ready for another pair in the evening, including bedtime. It does remind me of a ‘shrinkwrapped’ items in these pants, but they work!
What sort of pads do you use, and where do you buy? I found it rather hard at first, as Henleys didn’t sell any, strangely. I rather prefer washable ones, rather than throwing away. I have used a length of material I cut up to fit the plastic inner holders.
Hi there, James ... Good to hear from you!

I rediscovered the Henley's "Sandra" pants a while ago ... and was very excited that they are still available! I wore them pretty much all the time when I was at school, at first with an old toweling babies nappy folded in the crotch and then later with disposable pads bought by my mum from a pharmacy. I had fairly frequent but also not very large wettings ... like my mum used to say, I "couldn't be trusted". I remember that even though I was really embarrassed that I must wear them, I loved the smell of the PVC (especially new from the box!) and I liked the feel of them sticking to the side of my hips :).

When I went to college I changed to the newly available adult disposable nappies/diapers ... and I kinda forgot about the Sandra pants. I think this was partly because of the National Health Service ... it was like plastic pants were "old fashioned" and to be avoided.

As I say, I was excited to rediscover them a couple of years ago and ever since I have used them frequently during the day. I am typing this with a pair on now! :) The pad I use depends on where I am, what I am doing, how long I will be away from a chance to change. So it varies from a simple insert type of pad, maybe 4" x 12" to a much more absorbent pad. For these, I simply cut the "side wings" off a regular adult diaper and use the Sandra pants to hold everything in place. As we both have found, the slight adhesion of the side of the pants keeps the pad in place much better than the taped side wings do!

At night I use a regular high absorption disposable adult diaper, with a pair of washable absorbent pants over that (like a pull-up diaper ... a sort of second line of defense in case the disposable leaks, which happens) ... and a pair of euroflex plastic pants over everything (I sometimes wet heavily at night).

Regarding the Sandra pants materials, I can help you out there because I actually found an old pair amongst some old stuff a year or so ago. The old PVC material was a bit softer than the newer ... and the embossed pattern on the outside of the new pants is slightly rougher to the touch. And the old pants had "Sandra Stretch" and "Actifresh" embossed on them!!

So, all-in-all, although the new Sandra pants are as good as the old ones, I am still very happy to have them back!!

DiaperedAndDamp said:
Hi there, James ... Good to hear from you!

I rediscovered the Henley's "Sandra" pants a while ago ... and was very excited that they are still available! I wore them pretty much all the time when I was at school, at first with an old toweling babies nappy folded in the crotch and then later with disposable pads bought by my mum from a pharmacy. I had fairly frequent but also not very large wettings ... like my mum used to say, I "couldn't be trusted". I remember that even though I was really embarrassed that I must wear them, I loved the smell of the PVC (especially new from the box!) and I liked the feel of them sticking to the side of my hips :).

When I went to college I changed to the newly available adult disposable nappies/diapers ... and I kinda forgot about the Sandra pants. I think this was partly because of the National Health Service ... it was like plastic pants were "old fashioned" and to be avoided.

As I say, I was excited to rediscover them a couple of years ago and ever since I have used them frequently during the day. I am typing this with a pair on now! :) The pad I use depends on where I am, what I am doing, how long I will be away from a chance to change. So it varies from a simple insert type of pad, maybe 4" x 12" to a much more absorbent pad. For these, I simply cut the "side wings" off a regular adult diaper and use the Sandra pants to hold everything in place. As we both have found, the slight adhesion of the side of the pants keeps the pad in place much better than the taped side wings do!

At night I use a regular high absorption disposable adult diaper, with a pair of washable absorbent pants over that (like a pull-up diaper ... a sort of second line of defense in case the disposable leaks, which happens) ... and a pair of euroflex plastic pants over everything (I sometimes wet heavily at night).

Regarding the Sandra pants materials, I can help you out there because I actually found an old pair amongst some old stuff a year or so ago. The old PVC material was a bit softer than the newer ... and the embossed pattern on the outside of the new pants is slightly rougher to the touch. And the old pants had "Sandra Stretch" and "Actifresh" embossed on them!!

So, all-in-all, although the new Sandra pants are as good as the old ones, I am still very happy to have them back!!
Hi Diaperedanddamp,

Great to hear from you. I wear them daily to work, and also some nights, so thank you for your advice on pads. I think you said elsewhere you used felt? I have just bought some to cut that into a small enough shape to fit the plastic pouch. The trim fitting plastic will keep everything else in place, as you say! My skin has acclimatised to the PVC really well over the last few years of wearing them. I don’t really notice any discomfort.
Some people get allergies from these plastics if worn against the skin for periods.

I like how simple but effective they are. The pair I wore on Wednesday really stank of PVC while I was at work, I’m surprised I survived without any looks! Not quite so strong after I washed them.

A random question - it is hard to fart in plastic pants like these! As you know, (I’m sure), it all gets trapped inside…. especially when they are close fitting!

How do you wash yours? I tend to wash in the shower. I have used something called ‘PVC Wash’ that’s German, it has a nice smell…… especially as after a while, the PVC does pick up smells.

I do also own some French type ones that are white and have ‘pockets’ - they are called ‘Doux Claude PVC panties’ - I get them from saveexpress. You can easily place pads inside the top and rear holder….

4665855875_f3ccd8e16c_b.jpg

Reactions: jamesattends
I want a pair! They seem to have clip or button on sides. The lining sounds a fine idea, plus boilable - (does anyone still do this), and to a very high temperature? Sounds like you’re boiling ham in a pot! Surely it would make that ‘non toxic plastic toxic!

Back