Just got out of the mental hospital....

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
It was a interesting experience for me to be sure .... I was concerned about how my ic would be handled and such. But all in all it was not a fun experience but it was very helpful as it kept me safe and gave me some new ways to deal with my depression and they tried some different meds to deal with my daily pain levels and my sleep issues. All in all it was a very positive experience for me. I was treated very well and have no remorse for going in.
I only required assistance changing a few times and they where very professional...it was still akward but...I actually found group therapy to be an excellent thing. I feel much better after my stay.

• Love
Reactions: Lynnie, NannaAnnabelle, Jorelaxed and 23 others
I'm glad you had the courage to go voluntarily and that it was a good experience e for you

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Jorelaxed, ReluctantAdult and 3 others
I'm thrilled to hear it was a positive experience overall.

You took a big step in making sure you kept yourself looked after and should be proud of yourself for doing something that must have felt completely alien.

I say this in earnest and with the utmost respect: Good for you.

• Love
Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Diprs2, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
I went to the psych hospital involentarily for 72 hours… was there 10 days. The fixed my screwed up meds. I learned a lot. Lost my job.

• Sad
Reactions: Lynnie, rbm, Diprs2 and 2 others
todderhr said:
I went to the psych hospital involentarily for 72 hours… was there 10 days. The fixed my screwed up meds. I learned a lot. Lost my job.
Your still here to tell us about it ...so I must say I am happy for that

• Love
Reactions: Lynnie, NannaAnnabelle, Diprs2 and 4 others
Anemone said:
I'm thrilled to hear it was a positive experience overall.

You took a big step in making sure you kept yourself looked after and should be proud of yourself for doing something that must have felt completely alien.

I say this in earnest and with the utmost respect: Good for you.
Alien ..that's putting it lightly.... It was unnerving that's for sure but the alternative wasn't good either....but when your in pain all the time and don't sleep your mind will go some dark places .. . But they did find meds that worked for me thankfully 👍

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Diprs2, Anemone and 1 other person
So very happy for you good friend! I can say that there are many of us here that have been waiting for this Thread!

Welcome and be welcomed back!!

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Happy2BeInNappies2 and Raven801
that is great to hear, im so glad they were able to help you in a meaningful way. plus if you ever need to go there again, now you dont need to be too worried because you know its not so bad.

welcome back!

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Jorelaxed, Edgewater and 1 other person
chiaochai said:
that is great to hear, im so glad they were able to help you in a meaningful way. plus if you ever need to go there again, now you dont need to be too worried because you know its not so bad.

welcome back!
That is actually a fact ....I'd never be nervous about it again thats for sure after going through that it's not as bad as suffering for sure

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Edgewater, Anemone and 2 others
Hey man I am proud of you for going on your own terms and even more proud you willing to talk about it. I went once in 2008 it is a painful story I am not proud of that put me there. But I needed to be in one for a good 6 days I was bad I had tried taking a lot of Ambien cr and prescription pain meds to try and sleep. but I didn't and my wife and I argue an as she tried to stop me, but long story she got scarred after we fought physical and I have never done that before or after tis day. But all in all they got me lined out. I might go into more details one day but it is had to talk about. Bottom l really needed it and I am very happy I went. These places exist for good reason and they hold a special place in my heart. It takes a man to admit they need help

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Raven801, Edgewater and 1 other person
@Raven801
Your still here to tell us about it ...so I must say I am happy for that

I don’t entertain suicide plans because thats what get you in trouble but I often wish that I had done it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Edgewater
I ended up being sent to a facility by a judge after I quit my the meds I was prescribed for pain and fibromyalgia abruptly. The neurologist that I saw after the eight days of observation said he thought that I had induced the seizure that I experienced by quitting my maximum daily dose of the anti seizure medication gabapentin. It was being prescribed to me off label to treat the fibromyalgia. Personally I think the abrupt cessation of the 150mg Effexor XL anti depressant, that I was prescribed as part of my pain management, had more to do with the seizure than the gabapentin. I’m still feeling some of the residual affects of quitting that crap over eight years later. They put me back on all the meds that I had quit and then my primary physician weaned me of them slowly. The Effexor was far harder to quit that were the opioids and benzodiazepines. My time there wasn’t exactly pleasant, but it did help me get grounded again.

Reactions: Raven801 and Edgewater
Zeke said:
I ended up being sent to a facility by a judge after I quit my the meds I was prescribed for pain and fibromyalgia abruptly. The neurologist that I saw after the eight days of observation said he thought that I had induced the seizure that I experienced by quitting my maximum daily dose of the anti seizure medication gabapentin. It was being prescribed to me off label to treat the fibromyalgia. Personally I think the abrupt cessation of the 150mg Effexor XL anti depressant, that I was prescribed as part of my pain management, had more to do with the seizure than the gabapentin. I’m still feeling some of the residual affects of quitting that crap over eight years later. They put me back on all the meds that I had quit and then my primary physician weaned me of them slowly. The Effexor was far harder to quit that were the opioids and benzodiazepines. My time there wasn’t exactly pleasant, but it did help me get grounded again.
That sounds awful 😞 I'm glad to hear that you are doing well today. And yes it definitely isn't a good time but it will certainly reground you..that's for sure 😊

Reactions: Zeke and Edgewater
Raven801 said:
It was a interesting experience for me to be sure .... I was concerned about how my ic would be handled and such. But all in all it was not a fun experience but it was very helpful as it kept me safe and gave me some new ways to deal with my depression and they tried some different meds to deal with my daily pain levels and my sleep issues. All in all it was a very positive experience for me. I was treated very well and have no remorse for going in.
I only required assistance changing a few times and they where very professional...it was still akward but...I actually found group therapy to be an excellent thing. I feel much better after my stay.
what did they do to help with the diapers?

thab said:
what did they do to help with the diapers?
Well they were fairly discreet...they let me have a decent stock of supplies in my room....there was only a few times they helped me out of a wheelchair and helped change me...most the time I was able to tend to my own needs thankfully. It was akward but I think the first few days they had me on some hefty drugs and I was in no real shape to take care of myself. It wasn't as embarrassing as I thought it would be they were very professional.

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Happy2BeInNappies2, COincon and 1 other person
I'm glad your now out and doing better. I've had my moments too. Dealing with pain is so depressing for me as it is for others.

Reactions: Edgewater, Raven801 and Diaperman95
dogboy said:
I'm glad your now out and doing better. I've had my moments too. Dealing with pain is so depressing for me as it is for others.
Pain every hour of every day is the toughest thing to deal with ...that's for sure. You deal with pain a lack of sleep and mobility issues along with ic and its the perfect storm for massive depression in my opinion. But we all face challenges....and all we can hope for is another decent day. 🤔😉

Last edited:
Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Diaperman95, dogboy and 3 others
littlelambchop said:
I still need to check the news to see if it's still legal for me to be transgender.

That sounds to me like anxiety talking. Even if there is a specific bill being debated which concerns you it should be more than possible to keep informed by checking in once per week at most.

Of course if that sort of minimalist boundaried approach is what you meant then I completely missed the point so feel free to ignore me! Otherwise there are worse things you could do than take a step away from media, it's a busy world and we all can benefit from a reprieve sometimes.

Sorry if that comes across as a bit severe or impertinent, it really does come from a place of compassion.

Last edited:
  • Love
D
littlelambchop said:
I had to go to the psych ward for a couple weeks in January.
I've been hospitalized around 50 times in my life, practically all of them for mental health reasons.
With the current political climate getting to me I feel like I might end up back in one soon. I just feel so alone.
id you do diapers there? How they handle it?

Raven801 said:
I'm glad you had the courage to ask for help, and that you're still here! I ended up on an involuntary (I showed up to the hospital, badly spiraling) 72 hr hold. Hated the experience, but absolutely needed it. My IC was handled well, and I shared a room with someone else who was IC, so it wasn't difficult to be discreet... but yeah. After getting out, they helped me find a good therapy group, and I ended up going to therapy for 4, 3-hour sessions a week for 2 months to work through my shit. The hardest part, I feel, is asking for help in the first place. I wish you the best in your recovery/ whatever you're dealing with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven801, Edgewater and Anemone
Back