Jumping for joy finally on hiprex (methenamine)

Pongoandperdi15

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've had an E Coli infection that just wouldn't budge for the last few weeks four courses of Abx, after three it just kept coming back. The urologist I was under said I needed to be clear of all infections before starting on hiprex so I'd finish the Abx send off a sample and by the time the results came back it was in full blown Infection mode again. So today I finally got a doctor who just said let's go straight from abx to hiprex and hope for the best could have gave him a hug I was so happy to hear that 😂

Reactions: AttilaThePun and ILuvDiapers
I hope hiprex works for you!

Reactions: AttilaThePun
I think i have a UTI. It burns when i pee. Im calling my doc tomorrow. Hope yours clears up.

• Sad
BigAl1 said:
I think i have a UTI. It burns when i pee. Im calling my doc tomorrow. Hope yours clears up.
That's supposed to be a sign. Another- does it smell worse than usual? I can't tell from the burning symptom since with reduced flow, it always burns for me so I've just got used to that.

I didn't notice a difference in smell.

Pongoandperdi15 said:
I've had an E Coli infection that just wouldn't budge for the last few weeks four courses of Abx, after three it just kept coming back. The urologist I was under said I needed to be clear of all infections before starting on hiprex so I'd finish the Abx send off a sample and by the time the results came back it was in full blown Infection mode again. So today I finally got a doctor who just said let's go straight from abx to hiprex and hope for the best could have gave him a hug I was so happy to hear that 😂
Sounds nasty, UTI infections are a nightmare, but unfortunately fairly common with incontinence. I hope the Hiprex works for you.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and EcoIncon
BigAl1 said:
Sounds like you might have a UTI. A quick way to check is with a clear glass of warm water not full to the brim, and probably best to hold over a sink or toilet, essentially you put your chap in the warm water which will make you pee, if you have a UTI you will notice white strings in your pee, which are referred to as (proteinuria) excessive protein in urine, it is a shore sign you have an infection.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and BigAl2
Been one of many so wasn't too worried think in total around 17 in the space of a year which is why they were transitioning me onto hiprex, and bigal1 get on it straight away ask for the longest course of Abx possible get it kicked nothing worse than when they just linger around for ages and as most will tell you nothing worse than when they get worse! Hope it clears up quickly

I was at the docs this AM and gave them a urine sample. I'll know after 1:00. Last UTI i did not have the burning. But testicle pain. That one turned septic. I spent some time in the hospital on IV antibiotics.

• Thinking
I did not hear back today. I think they may be doing a urine culture. Im going to take an Azo tonight to help the burning.

Nevermind short lived infection is back 🤦 think I need IV antibiotics to shift this one seems to be stubborn

• Sad
I got my results. Escherichia coli i have. My PCP was closed. So i went to the local urgent care. They put me on Bactrum. I did not want to wait over the weekend to get meds from my Doc on Monday. Last thing i need is to go septic.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and dogboy
Back