Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 1 guest views remaining

Jogging/cardio in diapers?

depta99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Has anyone tried very slow running or very fast walking while in diapers? Any hints? Or types that work better than others? I saw some posts about people going to the gym but I'm wondering for cardio exercise, what people tend to wear and how they deal with it.

Reactions: oldskool, PearlandDL, Subtlerustle and 2 others
I've hiked in diapers, and ran a 5k while training for a race diapered to see how it would go.

Is recommend powder to wick moisture, and barrier cream for the places where the diaper may run with external skin.

A cloth-backed diaper has benefits of breathability.

Most hikes have been in a Northshore MegaMax or an ABU PeekABU.

Reactions: Jk95, PearlandDL, LifeGoesOn223 and 4 others
depta99 said:
Has anyone tried very slow running or very fast walking while in diapers? Any hints? Or types that work better than others? I saw some posts about people going to the gym but I'm wondering for cardio exercise, what people tend to wear and how they deal with it.
I say pull-ups are probably the best for cardio but as Aberrantly mentioned you want to use powder and cream especially between the thighs as the diapers can rub and irritate your skin with that much sudden movement.

Reactions: Diprs2 and depta99
I did a little run in pull up gets sweaty other than that was ok

Reactions: Diprs2
I’ve ran as much as 12 miles in goodnites. I use powder to help with chafing but still chafe every now and then. My pace is fast so that probably helps with limiting the amount of time for chafing

Reactions: Diprs2 and depta99
TheGazelle said:
I’ve ran as much as 12 miles in goodnites. I use powder to help with chafing but still chafe every now and then. My pace is fast so that probably helps with limiting the amount of time for chafing
I can tell your base is fast by your username🙂 I could change my username to "sloth" to properly show my pace.

• Haha
Reactions: SissyDinNappies, Diprs2 and NorthwestDiaperDude
I neglected to mention pullups. (They aren't my favorite)

Another good idea is running tights/leggings or compression shorts that create a layer at your thighs where it is rubbing the material and not your skin (coupled with cream and powder).

Reactions: PearlandDL, Angelapinks and Diprs2
I’ve run and hiked a lot in pull-ups and taped diapers. Usually I use pull-ups when running. Be aware, you will get chaffing. The best way to lessen it is to use compression shorts or briefs. While more breathable, cloth-like covered diapers or pull-ups will chafe much more than plastic-backed. And, it helps to be clean-shaven on the thighs and use a barrier cream.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jonnythepony
When working out or getting on a treadmill, a cheap pullup is recommended and then change out to something thicker for post workout after a shower.

Reactions: depta99, Diprs2 and NorthwestDiaperDude
I'm an avid runner, generally hit the gym 4-5 days per week. And I am on the treadmill about 45 min a day, average about 3.5 miles, good pace.... Then about 30 min lifting or weight training, and rowing machine. Anyway, being fully UIC and in diapers 24/7, for the gym, I'm using MegaMax or Abena pullups.
I spend about 20 after in the steam room. Then it's back into my MegaMax diaper and plastic pants before heading home.
Going to the gym and maintaining health it very important to me! Diapers and all, haha.....

Reactions: Seasblewin, Angelapinks, joemama and 2 others
I exercise and jog regularly in my wet and messy diaper. Never had a problem, very enjoyable to feel the warm poopy in my diaper when I run.

Reactions: depta99
I exercise in normal underwear. I usually go an hour of cardio so I am a sweaty mess when I am done. There was this one time I went for a long walk in Orlando Fl. in hot conditions and wore one of those horrible Depend adjustable underwear diapers. They sucked beyond words but I guess I was just trying to use them up. Anyway, the chaffing on the inner thigh area was terrible. Ergo, stay away from anything that isn’t buttery smooth.

Reactions: depta99 and joemama
I am quite an avid runner and I only tend to do outdoor running. Probably 30-45 mins daily, 5 times per week, around 5-6 miles at a time. I tried doing it for a week but I dont think I would do it anymore.

I would wear shorts to hide the bulge the best they could but at the same time providing support to the nappy and my running jacket over the top which helped, but with everyone going about their business, I doubt very much anyone noticed.. The problem I encountered is that I started to develop sore patches of skin on my sides around my hips rather than where you would expect chaffing around the top of legs groin area etc. I didnt experience any other problems other than that. I think its because I wear a full on plastic back tape on types and they didnt give sweat the opportunity to wick away from the skin and caused the chaffing sores. Like many have already mentioned, I think pull ups or those nappies with breathable sides would have prevented this.

Reactions: depta99, Angelapinks, joemama and 2 others
I’ve done many winter hikes and a couple of 10km round trip snowshoe hike. Depending on your thigh geometry you may get chafing in your inner thighs, had it happen once on a shorter hike.

Reactions: depta99
This puppy uses lower capacity / thin diapers for cardio. Bambino Bianco or the old all plastic backed European Tena Slip Maxi.

I've done PE in pull ups , its much easier

Reactions: Sidewinder
When running outside i dont bother with diapers. If need to go just let go and no ome knows. It all goes to wash after the run.

I do cardio at least 3 times a week, almost always in a depend real-fit. I also add lotion to my thighs for good measure, but that is really only needed for longer hikes and running.

When I go hiking for 3+ hours I often need to reapply the lotion, so chaffing doesn't become a problem. I have also done longer hikes and some jogging with an ATN or Slimline and lotion. That works well, but I prefer the real-fit as they are more comfortable and I can change in the locker room without issue.

I have done some experimentation with long gentle walks and the elliptical while wearing Abena M4 and extra lotion on my thighs and it works well as long as you are prepared to stop on short notice to reapply lotion. The depend real fit works so well that I don't bother with trying for more protection, but the combo of plastic diapers and lotion works so well, as long as you can reapply every hour (maybe every 30 minutes if jogging) you should be fine.

As long as it’s not sagging, and it’s well fitting, I’ll wear on a run. I always wear a pair of lined shorts (the kind with built in compression shorts) with or without diaper as it helps for me to keep comfort - the lululemon shorts are my favourite and have had some pairs for many many years.
Abena M4, M3 work well, as have LandofGenie. I find Rearz and Megamax to be a little too baggy in the crotch for comfort for me.

Like many above, there’s a limit before I worry about chafe, but I don’t take further precautions and find my typical run of ~5km to be just fine (long runs >10km would give me chafe).

Back