I've been bad today

For the incontinent, How many use the toilet but end up giving in at times?

• Never/almost never: I always use the toilet.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Rarely, I will give in or just have accidents

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I will frequently be "bad" and just give in

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I'm really bad because I always give in

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I am 24/7 in diapers

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm sure every IC person has days like this, or worse.

Today I decided I wanted coffee, so I had one this morning and sipping now on another this afternoon. The consequence of the coffee is that I've had to make several trips to the toilet for BM reasons. This requires me to hobble down the stairs each time.

So then I get back upstairs and get seated in front of the computer again and I feel a pee urge tingling. At this point I weakened and just gave in to peeing my pull-up. I felt guilty but relieved at the same time. But then as luck would have it, I had to make the trip downstairs again for a BM five minutes later. Some days, you just can't win!

How many IC who use the toilet but end up just giving in at times? Incontinent folks only please.

Reactions: Diprs2
While I’m not bowel IC, only urine IC, I make an effort to make it to the toilet, I’m also doing timed voidings which reduces accidents. However sometimes in the afternoons if I had a rough day, I usually change into a heavy diaper with a booster, and just relax on the couch not giving a damn about my bladder urges, but just let go in my diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
When I am at home, I nearly always make it to the toilet, but still have the occasional incident (IBS playing up = diarrhea), when I don't, but that is what my nappies are to cover for.
Away from home, (say on long drives), I try to keep my nappies clean, I but will use my nappies if the pain is too much or if I have no control.

I have not worn underwear for about four years now and life is much better with nappies on.

Last edited:
Diapers 247 paid for by insurance and I get more than I really need so yeah I drink coffee sometimes knowing dam well my IBS is going to go ballistic... I don't even try to go for the bathroom... Don't care it is what it is holding back my Ibs is very painful and difficult so I choose not to even try.. sometimes you just got to not give a dam use your diaper and know that's what it's for

Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
When I am at home, I nearly always make it to the toilet, but still have the occasional incident (IBS playing up = diarrhea), when I don't, but that is what my nappies are to cover for. Away from home, (say on long drives), I try to keep my nappies clean, I but will use my nappies if the pain is too much or if I have no control.
My IBS is always related to diarrhea also. That is the secondary reason why I wear pull-ups during the day even though it's not a perfect solution for that. Otherwise I could get by with a guard.

Thankfully, I don't normally suffer any pain. I once experienced pain before I wore protection by pinching my member to prevent peeing. That sent my bladder into a convulsion -- something I care not to repeat! My full sympathies to folks avoiding pain.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and Raven801
Most of my IC is strong and fast urgency (wetting and BM's) if I'm awake. So trying to go to the bathroom doesn't work. I'm profoundly IC since the beginning. So yes, I'm 24/7 diaper dependent. Thankfully I don't experience loose stool often. But trying to hit the bathroom seems an impossible chance.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
At the moment the BTX does still work at least somehow and prevents most of the cramping to early.

No matter what, at 400 to 500ml the bladder will cramp and / or the pain will be to much to hold any longer. At home i do go usually at 300ml at the moment, to prevent any leaking, what works most of the time.

When i do have a "crash" of my ME and i lay down, i have to admit i do this diapered to prevent to have to get up again to early, this is some kind of "give in" as i do realize i need to get up, but i will not, so at around 450ml my bladder will release. This is at daytime, at the moment i have got no problems in the night. thankfully. I know this will change again.

Sometimes, when my "lay-down-diaper" was not used, i keep it on and will use it later during the day so i do not have to interrupt something i do, like talking on the phone. I will just let my bladder do its thing than, instead of rushing to the toilet and breaking up everything i do.

I do not mind any more. I have 10 to 30 seconds from urge to happen. I can in no way be bothered to instantly drop what I do and rush to a bathroom like a mainiac. Especially given that in most times it is already happening by the time I get to untaping. It is just not plausible to live that way. So I given up on that years ago. It is in no way "bad", it is literally what diapers are for to begin with! So I kinda don't like the title of this thread. I recommend getting a more relaxed view on actually using diapers for their intended purpose.

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
I do not mind any more. I have 10 to 30 seconds from urge to happen. I can in no way be bothered to instantly drop what I do and rush to a bathroom like a mainiac. Especially given that in most times it is already happening by the time I get to untaping. It is just not plausible to live that way. So I given up on that years ago. It is in no way "bad", it is literally what diapers are for to begin with! So I kinda don't like the title of this thread. I recommend getting a more relaxed view on actually using diapers for their intended purpose.

Cheers
Totally feel ya there last year or so I was exactly the same way by the time I ran to the bathroom it was already happening or seconds from it. ... Gets pretty annoying

LifeInPlastic said:
... Especially given that in most times it is already happening by the time I get to untaping. It is just not plausible to live that way. So I given up on that years ago. It is in no way "bad", it is literally what diapers are for to begin with! So I kinda don't like the title of this thread. I recommend getting a more relaxed view on actually using diapers for their intended purpose.
It's only "bad" in my context where I am trying to save spoiling another pull-up.

Yes, if I was taped up, as I am when I go outside the home, I'd also just use the diaper as intended. I hate untaping because besides being a nuisance, many times it does not tape up again as well as the first time.

I am in a diaper 24/7 but still avoid using them so maybe I misunderstood those two options in your question. I said "Rarely, I'll give in".

I won't give in out of laziness... But the urgent need to use the bathroom is such a disruption. I won't interrupt/inconvenience someone else so I can use the bathroom to pee (won't interrupt a phone call or most meetings or jump in line in front of people in the bathroom). If I can't hold it, I'll use the diaper for its intended purpose. But anything that is only inconveniencing me, I'll interrupt it to use the bathroom. I want to keep the pathetic level of continence I have and trying to use the potty seems to help preserve that (and saves me money).

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, CheshireCat and 1 other person
I am IC and have been wetting and wearing diapers and plastic pants since I was about 7. About 8 years ago I had a few daytime wetting accidents and my wife suggested wearing pull-ups. It progressed to the point that I needed diapers 24/7. I don’t have control and very rarely could make it to the bathroom. I have just accepted that I am in diapers and use them for their intended purpose. It makes it easier that I have a very supportive and loving wife that understands my IC.

SDB2014 said:
I am IC and have been wetting and wearing diapers and plastic pants since I was about 7. About 8 years ago I had a few daytime wetting accidents and my wife suggested wearing pull-ups. It progressed to the point that I needed diapers 24/7. I don’t have control and very rarely could make it to the bathroom. I have just accepted that I am in diapers and use them for their intended purpose. It makes it easier that I have a very supportive and loving wife that understands my IC.
I too am very lucky with a very supportive wife she has been amazing through all of the crap I've been through in the last 12 years.
I feel very fortunate to have someone as supportive as her 😉👍
I have been very lucky many of my friends that I have known since highschool have been incredibly understanding same with my family as they have all found out in one way or another over the years I have to say I was lucky. Most the people I cared about reacted well . The people who where judgmental or just straight jerks well I don't associate with them because who needs judgemental negative fucking assholes in there life ? ...not meeee!
My ex wife was a total bitch about IC even though it was only here and there I had problems .... Don't miss that worthless excuse for a human being. The love of my life ..my second wife of 12 years is amazing 😍 she has her faults and her flaws which odd enough is part of what makes her perfect ! She has been there for me ...helped me when I mentally can't take anymore and made me more comfortable being me. I wouldn't be on this site if it wasn't for her she got me to believe in being myself and being confident in my life ...I have struggled with being in pain and with the incontinence and I let it drag me into some dark places..she saved me she helped me get back my confidence and my drive and my voice! I love her so much 💖 I wish everyone had a significant other they could truly trust . But I know that isn't the way it is.

Reactions: Diprs2 and SDB2014
Back