It's Time to Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a little bit of a difference between wearing clothes that cover my genitals vs. things that cover my mouth.

Public nudity isn't even a crime in some places.

It ain't fear. It's safety. I'm 18 years old and I have enough of a brain to know the difference between fear and safety for my health and the health of others. If you don't want to follow safety rules, then by all means join the list of infected or dead.

Reactions: Lyokodl, GermanDL and BobbiSueEllen
I've requested closure of this blog because I should know better than discuss controversial things on this site. I wasn't looking for a debate. This was the venting of a person with mental impairments who has seen their world turned upside down and is taking it harder than the average person.

But at this point, before this gets locked: my true opinion, barring all ethical and moral considerations, is that this pandemic is Mother Nature cleaning house. We all know the world is overpopulated, and the loss of a few million is not going to hurt us in the long run. No, I'm not a sadist hoping people will die, rather I'm looking at this as Charles Darwin looked at natural selection. The strongest will survive. We might think we're above that, with our medicine and morals, but in the end we're all still animals living in an animals' world.

You can hate my opinions, you can hate me if you want, but I think I'm entitled to them. I was never much one for making friends in the first place.

Reactions: Lyokodl
The lock-down is a world wide thing,
so why this thread turned into a "America First"
Thread?

Just asking, last time i checked, the whole world had
more countries then just america...
KimbaFoxNatsume said:
I've requested closure of this blog because I should know better than discuss controversial things on this site. I wasn't looking for a debate. This was the venting of a person with mental impairments who has seen their world turned upside down and is taking it harder than the average person.

But at this point, before this gets locked: my true opinion, barring all ethical and moral considerations, is that this pandemic is Mother Nature cleaning house. We all know the world is overpopulated, and the loss of a few million is not going to hurt us in the long run. No, I'm not a sadist hoping people will die, rather I'm looking at this as Charles Darwin looked at natural selection. The strongest will survive. We might think we're above that, with our medicine and morals, but in the end we're all still animals living in an animals' world.

You can hate my opinions, you can hate me if you want, but I think I'm entitled to them. I was never much one for making friends in the first place.
I will not hate you for your foolish and not thought trough post.
But i will try to explain you something,
Survival of the fittest, does not apply to just one individual.
It means a Species as a whole.

Humanity thrives not because we are the physical strongest.
We rule the earth because we where smarter then other species
and we work together.

The strong need the smart, the smart need the strong.
If you would let the physical weak die because "Evolution"
then you would end up having much less smart minds in
your country.

And by time you would live in an Anarchy.
Where the strongest or most unmoral individual
will be a bloody tyrant.

If you don't want this, stay at home and help the physical
weaker but smarter guys not get infected.

Reactions: Lyokodl and chrischrischris
tiny said:
Is it dehumanising, unnatural, or a violation of your rights that you have to wear clothes in public? :-/

This journalist has a good take on things:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow this Video is really good.
Sadly those who see themselves as the defenders
of freedom will not watch one of there enemies,
a free Journalist making one of what they call FAKE NEWS.

The responsibility to become educated.

If people would accept and live that.....

Zeke said:
Ben Franklin loosely paraphrased said “those willing to sacrifice liberty in exchange for security deserve neither”. The liberties that my parents handed down to me are sorely infringed upon by the actions of our state governments

As loose as a goose, baby! 😁

Kimba, I understand that you're venting.
Because of that, I'm not going to further address nor debate anything here. I've seen the situation in the US, albeit through news media, and to me, in the UK, it speaks of a serious and longlived mismanagement of society that goes beyond any single person or politcal party. It's been decades in the making.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Do you mind if I say something of encouragement even though you've asked that the thread be closed? I'm an older man but for the good of everyone who feels this way or close to it, I feel it must be said as there are so many young people who have felt the same. All honesty, yes adult life is one crises after another. And yes when put under the microscope, is not worth living. However, in times like this, you can realize that in the midst of a bad time there are good things and in the midst of a good time there are bad things. This is why we stay alive. The big news stations talk about it all the time but, in their defense, you try to fill 24 hrs with today's top stories. We are in a pandemic yes. This, if never before though, is a good time to draw close to your family. Let's face it there's not much else you can do. Allot of the younger generation has grown up in a world where both Mom and Dad work due to inflation and wages not matching the cost of living increase. Take advantage of this time you have. I'm an in home care provider so I work with people who are more susceptible to die from it. The masks are a necessity right now. Eventually they probably won't be. I'm not suggesting we look at the bright side of a train wreck, I'm just saying, yes life is full of crisis. In the midst of life, look for the things that make it a little easier to bare.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So here is mine.

If the urge for you to swim is so important, and it outweighs a kid’s family being destroyed because they collected the virus, then go for it. It just doesn’t seem ethical. Your happiness leads to another’s demise. But it’s just my opinion. Carry on and stay safe 😷

Reactions: Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
DiaperedDiscreetly said:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So here is mine.

If the urge for you to swim is so important, and it outweighs a kid’s family being destroyed because they collected the virus, then go for it. It just doesn’t seem ethical. Your happiness leads to another’s demise. But it’s just my opinion. Carry on and stay safe 😷
Do you honestly think that when a government bigwig says "It's safe to reopen," that means the virus has magically disappeared? Because it hasn't. Chances are, it's always going to be around and we're always going to have some chance of catching it. Unless you think everyone should just sit on their asses for the rest of their lives.

Everyone who enters that metaphorical pool has decided to take their chances or is allowing their children to do so. There's no blame game at that point.

If people want to be scared sheep, let them. But us wolves have rights too. And it's not "the right to kill others," it's the right to live a normal life. Other people have the responsibility to protect themselves. If your immune system is shot, yeah maybe you shouldn't be in a public pool (although my Y's pool is so nuked with bleach nothing could survive in there.) But the healthy shouldn't be punished for the problems of the sick.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Lyokodl and GermanDL
KimbaFoxNatsume said:
I'm going to eat cake my little cousin blows out candles on.

The cake should be wearing a mask at the very least!

• Haha
Reactions: Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
KimbaFoxNatsume said:
But the healthy shouldn't be punished for the problems of the sick.

That is a really weird attitude from someone who collects social benefits. That same mindset would have you forced to find work like the rest of us, and if you couldn't, to starve to death in the streets rather than weight down the productive chunk of society that can. Instead, society collectively decided that's not cool, and so everyone sacrefices in a little (in the form of tax dollars that could be used elsewhere) in an attempt to protect the segment of the population that you exist in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 47221, db80, GermanDL and 2 others
BoundCoder said:
That is a really weird attitude from someone who collects social benefits.

It's certainly a reminder of how effective right-wing propaganda can be...

BoundCoder said:
That is a really weird attitude from someone who collects social benefits. That same mindset would have you forced to find work like the rest of us, and if you couldn't, to starve to death in the streets rather than weight down the productive chunk of society that can. Instead, society collectively decided that's not cool, and so everyone sacrefices in a little (in the form of tax dollars that could be used elsewhere) in an attempt to protect the segment of the population that you exist in.
Keyword there is sacrifices a little.

I see a big difference between a few dollars being taken from a paycheck, and being forced to lose your whole paycheck because you lost your job due to the virus.

DanielW said:
yes, the epitome of the entitled little snowflake who can't seem to see past the end of their nose...sad
I prefer "person who can form their own opinions."

I guess it goes to show why I don't bother with people... Most don't have the intelligence to actually think for themselves.

KimbaFoxNatsume said:
But the healthy shouldn't be punished for the problems of the sick.

Yep, second one on my Ignore List.
Hope you never get sick, people might just let Evolution do its thing...
Have a nice life, enjoy your diapers. Bye bye

Last edited:
At this point it feels like kicking a corpse, but I'll post what I was going to say yesterday before my laptop briefly died.

Kimba, from what I understand you have virtually no responsibilities. You don't work, you don't have kids, you aren't helping elderly parents, and as you don't drive, you apparently don't go shopping for your family. Hopefully you do help clean the house, do laundry, take out the garbage, etc. That would still make you a bit like a 13-year-old on permanent summer vacation. Those of us with responsibilities have developed, let's call it, a different perspective. I don't generally block anybody and will not block you out of curiosity if anything happens over the next year or so to change your opinions.

• Love
Reactions: Illinoise, Lyokodl, BabyDavidMessiah and 2 others
To give a recent example of what this virus does, In Missouri, two hair stylists who were infected with Covid 19 have infected 91 of their clients. Government generally works toward the greater good, thus we have laws against murder, rape and all activities which can harm others. I don't think it's too much to ask people to wear masks and to observe social distancing. How we sadly pale compared to The Greatest Generation who lived through The Spanish Flu, the Great Depression and World War II. When did we become so pathetic as a people?

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, depends4me and GermanDL
KimbaFoxNatsume said:
Meanwhile, I have a birthday party to attend tomorrow. (Gasp!) I'm going to eat cake my little cousin blows out candles on. (Shock!) I'm not going to let fear stop me from enjoying the important moments in life, and I'm pretty sure I'll walk away disease-free.

You say you are liberal but this my friend is a right wing thing to say.

KimbaFoxNatsume said:
I think there's a little bit of a difference between wearing clothes that cover my genitals vs. things that cover my mouth.

I agree. No one is going to be harmed if you don't cover your genitals. But covering your mouth could save lives. :-/

KimbaFoxNatsume said:
Public nudity isn't even a crime in some places.

Likewise, not wearing a mask isn't a crime in some places. It varies place-to-place...

At a time like this, I think the important thing to do is to listen to the expert advice that's being given, and comply with the virus reduction methods in your area. We all need to pull together and take as many sensible precautions as we can to avoid spreading the virus.

No one's perfect. Everyone has different needs and cravings, and I don't think it's wise to be the one to "cast the first stone" for the odd, calculated "bending of the rules"... But I don't think people should "admit defeat" and carry on as if the virus didn't exist, and leave the survival of our colleagues and neighbours to chance.

We need "normal". We need to manage viral infections. We can't do both.

But I can give you a virtual hug... *squeeeeeeze* :p

-----

I wonder if part of the problem is that, in the US, a lot of people only have access to good healthcare as perk of employment...? So people are more willing to risk working despite the infection risk. Like Catch-22, the only way to get good healthcare is to put your own health in jeopardy.

Reactions: Lyokodl, dogboy, GermanDL and 1 other person
Honestly, this is what is wrong with the U.S.. Poor people are benefitting the most, as they get the best benefits like insurance. You don’t work, and now I realize that some people are actually rude to people that work 40 hours a week in comparison to none. You literally get money for not doing shit. And to take money from the government because you are broke is one thing. To say “hurdur it’s only a little” (btw, basically 1/3 of our fucking paychecks) is another thing. But yelling at people and putting everyone’s lives in danger is another. You get free everything, and if that is not enough, you want to go and kill an innocent family (or more!) just because you want to swim at the YMCA. In my opinion, that is totally worth killing people. I hope you have a great time swimming.

Reactions: isabella, Calico and GermanDL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back