Itching when in public

DreamerBenenedicte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How do you manage to scratch and release when in public?
I often have a rash in my inner thighs. Near the legs cuffs of my pads or pull ups (leak guards). You know, where it's always wet because of pee (or sweat), rubs and irritates the inner thighs.
And yesterday at work it was itching like crazy ☹️ I couldn't reach discreetly this part and release the pain. I mean sometimes you can squirm and rub over your clothes. Works a bit for the lady parts when irritated. But in this specific area you really need to put your hand inside. Not very lady like in the office 😅
I was wet, so went to the bathroom, release and changed. But I didn't have any cream with me. So 2 minutes after sitting at my desk the pain/itchy feeling came back... It was a very long afternoon at work 🫥

How do manage in that case? As a girl, until the rash gets better, I will wear skirts. Easier to access inside discreetly. But still complicated in the office. And less efficient as a jean to keep the smells in 🙄
Also today I brought rash cream with me.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Edgewater
You have provided yet another great reason to have a well supplied diaper bag with you at all times. I use either a back pack or computer bag. I also have a larger roll-on bag in my SUV, which I keep a full change of clothing and all the supplies needed for a major clean-up.

Incontinence and Irritated skin is a reality, which is the foundation of itchy, painful affected areas. Keeping those areas clean and dry is ones first defense. Scheduling times each day when those areas can air dry really does help.

When one has an active irritation a quality diaper paste helps heal the irritation. As the irritation ends, using any number of diaper area skin protection creams help keep the irritations away. Baby Powder on those areas also helps in keeping them dry.

Switching to different pull-ups or pads can help as different manufacturers vary slightly in size and contact areas, which can help change where you are being effected. NOTE: At some point, you may need to consider upgrading your protection to assure you are drier longer.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Dry247 and JolandaH
I always try to find a restroom or private place and pretty much at all cost try to avoid attracting to much attention to my diapers.

Sudocrem, is fantastic for diaper rash, it is made specifically for that, although it's also effective for hives, cuts, grazes etc. It is an antiseptic based barrier cream, and really works. It also smells nice, which is an added bonus! (y) 😊

Last edited:
A few months ago I got horrible itching between my legs too( as I wear 24/7 and use diaper covers) I noticed the skin had very small penny sized patches of white/ pink exposed skin.
I started doing a little research, I normally use Desitin cream, and found that I had a fungal infection. I used Miconazole cream for three days in the itch area and it got rid of it!!!!😯😀😀😀😀. I have kept a little tube handy eversince,
no more itches, relief finally.🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
Jorelaxed said:
A few months ago I got horrible itching between my legs too( as I wear 24/7 and use diaper covers)
I started doing a little research, I normally use Desitin cream, and found that I had a fungal infection. I used Miconazole cream for three days in the itch area and it got rid of it!!!!😯😀😀😀😀. I have kept a little tube handy eversince,
no more itches, relief finally.🙂🙂🙂
Yes, it is possible to get a fungal infection from repeated exposure to urine. Especially when using diaper covers and plastic pants, cause it traps in heat and creates ideal situation. I only wear plastic pants at night, or occasionally for a road trip, to prevent leaks.

Reactions: Edgewater and Jorelaxed
ILuvDiapers said:
Sudocrem, is fantastic for diaper rash, it is made specifically for that, although it's also effective for hives, cuts, grazes etc. It is an antiseptic based barrier cream, and really works. It also smells nice, which is an added bonus! (y) 😊
Do they sell Sudocream in the U.S.?????😀

• Thinking
Jorelaxed said:
Do they sell Sudocream in the U.S.?????😀
You can buy it from Amazon.com, Walmart etc. I just typed can you buy Sudocrem in the USA, and you can, yep. (y) 😊

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Jorelaxed
Nice! thanks,I really appreciate the info.😀

• Love
The itching was horrible, almost needle poking like sensation at times.
Not very pleasant at all.🙁

• Sad
Reactions: ILuvDiapers and Edgewater
Have you ever had one of those itches where you can begin to understand why your dog’s leg gets to thumping the floor when you scratch just the right spot? One of those itches where it feels so go to scratch it’s almost worth having the condition that’s causing the itch?

• Love
Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
Zeke said:
Have you ever had one of those itches where you can begin to understand why your dog’s leg gets to thumping the floor when you scratch just the right spot? One of those itches where it feels so go to scratch it’s almost worth having the condition that’s causing the itch?
Yep😯

Reactions: Zeke, ILuvDiapers and Edgewater
Back