Is wearing nappies when you don't really need to self-indulgent?

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And if so, do you care/does it matter?

Sorry to post lots of threads. Ok so I am on medication and wet the bed sometimes and desperately need to pee during the day and sometimes can barely hold it or have wet myself. But this is sometimes, as in, quite rarely. As in you can count the number of times in a year and not reach a very high number.

What I'm trying to say is I don't really need to wear nappies, but wear them every night anyway. Never waking up in a wet bed is great, but honestly that's not the real reason I wear them cause I could cope with it on the rare times it happens. Actually, I love nappies, and I put them on in the house so I can lounge around and wet my nappy. If I don't wear them, I get bodily sensations that I want to wear them, and thoughts of putting one on until I cave.

I wear them every day and every night, I wondered, is this just being self-indulgent??

• Thinking
Reactions: Davvyboy and PadPhilosopher
I always wear for need so NO!

Reactions: jcwilliams343 and littledreamers333
If you wear them just because you like to, then yes. But so is doing something like eating ice cream.

Reactions: jcwilliams343, depta99, DiaperedCherub and 2 others
It sounds to me you have a genuine need for some sort of protection so why not wear diapers. There's too many serious things in life to worry about so I wouldn't be concerned that you have a sometimes need for diapers. Whatever works and makes you comfortable.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and AndyPandy
I agree with @dogboy . I don't think you should worry about wearing diapers.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I get how you feel, there is an odd level of desire/ need, where you don't really feel justified wearing diapers. It feels self indulging, like if I'm not going to have an accident then I'm wasting the diaper and money. At least that's where I was before going 24/7. However I can say because of the sense of security, the way my daily attitude changed "multiple people mentioned it", and my levels of anxiety going down, going back to diapers is not an indulgence or a waste at all. honestly may have been one of the best decisions I have made as far as self care goes.

☝️Great decision would highly recommend 10/10

Reactions: Traveler and PadPhilosopher
I think a lot of people are coping with some sort of mental health issues by wearing diapers. So while they might not physically need them in the incontinence sense, they need them in an emotional way. I wouldn't define that as self indulgent.

I suppose just wearing cos you like it could be defined as self indulgent, but I also don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Reactions: Traveler, PadPhilosopher and dogboy
Is it self indulgent? Maybe. But so are things like eating chocolate or drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes we don’t need to these things some of them are harmful to us and others.

• Thinking
Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
Life is too short, wear the damn diaper. As others have said, you having those feelings of wanting to wear and feeling better when you do means YOU HAVE A NEED FOR DIAPERS! I do, everyone who reads this does, and you do. I've been a lurker in this community for over 20 years, and am slowly becoming more and more confident as I age. It is a beautiful expression of humanity that we even talk about this on these forums, and more and more, in real life.

Reactions: CLPP, PadPhilosopher and depta99
I (many nights) need them at night, but not during the day, but am wearing all the time. I did struggle with the concept of self-indulgent aspect for day use, but decided it was OK as others say here we are allowed limited self-indulgencies in life, and we can choose which are important to us. My guilt fell into two main area
  • Cost. This was easy for me to offset but adjusting my budget. First thing I did was reduce expenditures by buying in quantity and keeping eyes out for sales., This has reduced the cost considerably. Also I completely cut out doordash, and this more than offset the extra $$ spent. Doordash, while convenient is very expensive.
  • Waste. This one still bugs me, but I am careful in other area of my life and feel on the balance I'm OK with it. By cutting out doordash I reduce some waste there (doordash relies on lots of disposable packaging). I don't feel it 100% offsets plastic diapers in the trash but makes a dent.

Reactions: dogboy and PadPhilosopher
CrinkleBear said:
I get how you feel, there is an odd level of desire/ need, where you don't really feel justified wearing diapers. It feels self indulging, like if I'm not going to have an accident then I'm wasting the diaper and money. At least that's where I was before going 24/7. However I can say because of the sense of security, the way my daily attitude changed "multiple people mentioned it", and my levels of anxiety going down, going back to diapers is not an indulgence or a waste at all. honestly may have been one of the best decisions I have made as far as self care goes.

☝️Great decision would highly recommend 10/10
OMG spot on! I've started wearing more lately and indulging in some new stuff and the stress is just melting away.

Reactions: CrinkleBear and PadPhilosopher
Yes of course! If you have no need whatsoever to wear nappies, but choose to do so anyway, of course it is self–indulgent. That's exactly the point. That's why we do it, to indulge ourselves a little. Maybe we enjoy the physical sensation, or the mental and emotional state it puts us in, or we get an erotic kick out of it. (OK, sure, for some of us things like ability to reduce stress and anxiety are a perfectly legitimate need.)

As long as we are not doing the slightest bit of harm to anybody else, or becoming so utterly self–centred that we think everybody else is out there to attend and pamper (puns intended) to our own whims, nor bankrupting ourselves to bankroll our kink, nor becoming so addicted that we can never focus on the reality of everyday life stuff that all adults have to face, then what's the problem with a little self–indulgence?

It is healthy in life to learn to treat others with kindness, dignity, compassion, patience, gentleness, and care. So when we choose to do the same for ourselves, surely we are doing ourselves a favour, aren't we?

So yes, indulge yourself. Feel no embarrassment, shame, guilt about the pleasure. Get padded, taped up, and enjoy the bliss!

I just feel better when I wear diapers than when I don’t and I’ve done so far in accepting myself and my personal needs in this spectrum. I no longer really try to hide it it is me. If I wear diapers I’m gonna use them it’s that simple

Reactions: Traveler and PadPhilosopher
JonahAteAWhale said:
And if so, do you care/does it matter?

Sorry to post lots of threads. Ok so I am on medication and wet the bed sometimes and desperately need to pee during the day and sometimes can barely hold it or have wet myself. But this is sometimes, as in, quite rarely. As in you can count the number of times in a year and not reach a very high number.

What I'm trying to say is I don't really need to wear nappies, but wear them every night anyway. Never waking up in a wet bed is great, but honestly that's not the real reason I wear them cause I could cope with it on the rare times it happens. Actually, I love nappies, and I put them on in the house so I can lounge around and wet my nappy. If I don't wear them, I get bodily sensations that I want to wear them, and thoughts of putting one on until I cave.

I wear them every day and every night, I wondered, is this just being self-indulgent??
Nothing wrong with that JAAW
You are not harming anyone.
Carry on Amigo ♥️

As someone with an environmental background I think about this myself. However, I try to balance it by either using cloth diapers sometimes or donating to a local land conservation charity or even just spending time listening to someone hurting or doing some other type of work. A lot of things feel self indulgent but I think we can also give back as well.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Traveler
I guess technically, wearing nappies for fun is technically self-indulgent. At least going by the definition of self-indulgent. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Doing anything someone enjoys purely for the sake of enjoyment could be considered self-indulgent

In your case though it sounds like there's at least an arguable purpose/need for them regardless of whether you enjoy them or not so it could be argued it's not purely self-indulgence in your case

Back