Is this a thing, or am I just weird?

DtD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does anyone else have problems with diapers leaking out the top? I’ve had this happen occasionally with Abena, Rearz, and Tykables, and I’m wondering if it’s just me.

P.S. Either way, I’m pretty sure I’m weird for plenty of other reasons

Reactions: neophyte
When I am sleeping, that is a common leak point for me. ( I uncontrollably void many times in my sleep )

I find that folding the top of the diaper (that’s just plastic with no padding in it) over and tucking it in against your skin. The prevents wicking out the top when you’re laying down.

Reactions: indiaperdl and bigboymatty
Make sure you point you penis down, when you are putting on a diaper.

Reactions: NinjaPizza and chrischrischris
Yes I do. I wear various Rearz and if I am sleeping I have to be laying on my back with my penis pointing down or else I will leak.

If I wet and I’m on my side or even on my back and I’m not pointing exactly down then I will leak out the side where the tabs connect or the top... gravity will pull the wetness in all directions, it’s a big issue for many.

I, and many others here, would love to see more padding in the front wings; an “all around padding” diaper.

It’s impossible for my private to stay perfectly ticked down all night and I want to be able to wet at night with confidence.

Reactions: chrischrischris
When I was skinny and slept on my stomach yes. Now its mostly leaks from the leg cuffs due to stretching tabs from moving around

Yep and everywhere else. It would be nice to have more coverage of the padding, longer diapers that come up to the waist and the front and back standing leak guards like baby diapers have. But there's too much age and size bigotry in the diaper industry to really think that's ever going to happen.

Like many others, I experience this only when lying down and on my stomach (and more so if I'm already wet). In most any other position, like on my back or standing, due to gravity the wetness gets pulled to where there's more padding where it can be absorbed better. I always make sure i'm pointing down too!

Reactions: chrischrischris
I always wear plastic or rubber pants with my nappies and 99% of the time they prevent any leaks.

Yes I have that issue occasionally even with female plumbing

Back