Is anyone just A DL

If I was in your position I’d definitely wear a pull-up or taped nappy/diaper because I wouldn’t be able to go that long without at least one break.

Chrissie said:
If I was in your position I’d definitely wear a pull-up or taped nappy/diaper because I wouldn’t be able to go that long without at least one break.
From personal experiences, pull-ups suck (either too loose and leak or too tight and tear too easily, plus not always very absorbent if i have a full bladder to release)... My primary issues are cost (my access to funds for "personal" use is limited because of the other household expenses) and visibility (i don't want a brand that is excessively bulky or would otherwise be discernable even by non-ABDL eyes)...

artemisenterri said:
What about my work environment (retail, often working 6-9 hours solo, unable to get away to take a restroom break while customers are in the store)? Would that be considered a valid reason to wear/use?
yes absolutely. I think they may ask questions to see if they can help you find an alternative (they seem to assume that diapers hurt your dignity), but I've always explained that I actually feel better and safer in diapers. I've told my doctor, urologist and therapist that since I had to wear diapers as a kid and it caused me to FINALLY wake up in dry sheets, I've come to associate diapers with "comfort and safety". Given alternatives like catheters or even a pee bottle, I actually prefer diapers because they make me feel more secure. Coping mechanisms aren't considered "bad" unless they are deemed unhealthy, or damaging to other parts of your life and relationships.

If you explain to them that diapers make you feel safe, and that your work environment creates stress about making it the the bathroom, they'll conclude that its up to you to manage your bathroom needs in the way you see fit. And if you wear a diaper to the doctor, you may just explain that when you're out and about it feels safer to be diapered than to risk not finding a bathroom in time.

I also always keep in mind who I'm talking to. Your primary care physician may ask questions and refer you to a urologist, but you can decline and tell him you feel fine. Someone may refer you to a therapist or something, but none of them can "make" you do anything. They are just concerned. But they will treat it the way you treat it. If you have an attitude that diapers are no big deal, and you just feel better in them, they'll respond the same way.

Reactions: artemisenterri
bedwetterdavid said:
yes absolutely. I think they may ask questions to see if they can help you find an alternative (they seem to assume that diapers hurt your dignity), but I've always explained that I actually feel better and safer in diapers. I've told my doctor, urologist and therapist that since I had to wear diapers as a kid and it caused me to FINALLY wake up in dry sheets, I've come to associate diapers with "comfort and safety". Given alternatives like catheters or even a pee bottle, I actually prefer diapers because they make me feel more secure. Coping mechanisms aren't considered "bad" unless they are deemed unhealthy, or damaging to other parts of your life and relationships.

If you explain to them that diapers make you feel safe, and that your work environment creates stress about making it the the bathroom, they'll conclude that its up to you to manage your bathroom needs in the way you see fit. And if you wear a diaper to the doctor, you may just explain that when you're out and about it feels safer to be diapered than to risk not finding a bathroom in time.

I also always keep in mind who I'm talking to. Your primary care physician may ask questions and refer you to a urologist, but you can decline and tell him you feel fine. Someone may refer you to a therapist or something, but none of them can "make" you do anything. They are just concerned. But they will treat it the way you treat it. If you have an attitude that diapers are no big deal, and you just feel better in them, they'll respond the same way.
Well, I'm living in a new region, of a new state, so I don't yet have a PCP, and the last one I had retired from her practice before the pandemic hit as a conscientious objector... And I had never told her about my interests due to my wife using the same doctor, and my records saying my wife was authorized to be informed of anything...

artemisenterri said:
Well, I'm living in a new region, of a new state, so I don't yet have a PCP, and the last one I had retired from her practice before the pandemic hit as a conscientious objector... And I had never told her about my interests due to my wife using the same doctor, and my records saying my wife was authorized to be informed of anything...
Yeah, finding a good doctor is key. My Kaiser doctors haven’t come across as great, but my VA doctor is amazing. The day I told him my bedwetting was returning, he just nonchalantly asked if I wanted a prescription for diapers. I TOTALLY didn’t expect that. Turns out his teenage daughter was still a bedwetter, and he was used to her using pull-ups to manage it. You just need a doctor that is familiar with diapers and doesn’t think they’re taboo.

bedwetterdavid said:
Yeah, finding a good doctor is key. My Kaiser doctors haven’t come across as great, but my VA doctor is amazing. The day I told him my bedwetting was returning, he just nonchalantly asked if I wanted a prescription for diapers. I TOTALLY didn’t expect that. Turns out his teenage daughter was still a bedwetter, and he was used to her using pull-ups to manage it. You just need a doctor that is familiar with diapers and doesn’t think they’re taboo.
With the difficult part being FINDING that doctor...

Reactions: bedwetterdavid
Nowadays I am an in-the-closet or undercover DL. Mainly because my wife does not approve of it in any way shape or form. Because of that, I've not worn a diaper for about 8 years now. There's nothing AB about me or my interests.
Before I got married & had kids, I had several onesies & several pair of training pants. But I had no interest in behaving or even feeling 'little'.
It took me years to come to grips with it, but my interest in diapers is DL not AB. Not every time I wore had to be sensual. Sometimes I just wore because I liked the feel of them.
Has it been difficult keeping this one aspect of my life a secret? Sometimes, but not impossible. I am very careful of what I do, how I do things and when. I do use certain things to make do as best I can. Using some of my electro mechchanical knowledge from school I have my toys hiding in plain sight, just in a dismantled form. My requirement for my stuff is it MUST function 100% safe and sturdy, MUST be able to be taken apart and reassembled 100% without any loss of form, function or safety.

• Wow
Reactions: Subtlerustle and artemisenterri
I think that I'm similar in that I love to wear diapers and pullups (not all the time but still a lot of the time) and it does make me feel little but I just don't think I'm that much of an AB 🤷‍♂️ I really love the whole diaper aspect and it is a kink for me but I'm thinking more and more that I wouldn't like introduce myself as an AB. I'd introduce myself to someone in the community as more of a DL.

Back