Incontrol Inspire vs. Betterdry

SteadyDinosaurPanda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Well the title pretty much sums it up, what is everybody's experience with the original inspire as compared to the betterydry's? I've used the betterdry's a lot and like them especially the absorbency. Are the inspire's comparable in absorbency? Thanks in advance!

I never tried the original Inspire. The Inspire+ InControl is more absorbent than BetterDry.

Reactions: Angelapinks and TheGrimmRetails
I like crinklz, which are abdl printed betterdrys, but the incontrol has a nice landing zone and is very absorbant, with better tapes. I find the betterdry more comfy, but in control or even the new inspire elite would be just as good or better of an option, if a little more expensive.

betterdry diapers are a very unique model. they have extremely tall leak guards, are longer than average, the tapes are marginal, the shell is soft (with no hard tape panel in the front) and the padding is a bit stiff when you first put it on. They have a lot of swell when wet.

Inspire+InControl are the "internally boosted" version of the Inspire, which have good but slightly shorter leak guards, good tapes (tape panel), a stiffer shell with a much harder front where the tape panel is, and the padding is thicker when dry but doesn't swell as much and is a bit softer/more flexible when fresh.

Reactions: ElPulpo
The Inspire are made in China and the Betterdry are made in the EU.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I'm a huge fan of the Better Drys and the Inspires. My normal night diaper are the BDs. Work well for most nights and are a decent price. On the nights when I've been out partying (drinking beer) I need more capacity so my go to diaper are the Rearz Inspires. Love the super thick front panel/landing zone and they hold an incredible amount. The Inspire In Control are rated a bit more but don't think there is enough difference to have to pay the extra cost.

The inspire original are awesome! I used those as my go-to daily for a while when the price was reasonable from cooshietooshiez. When the price went from about $1.90 a piece (using coupons) up to about $2.54 with no available coupons I switched to ConfiDry 24/7. Now that the changes they made to confidry made it pretty much suck I've been testing other options such as TotalDry X-Plus, even considering ABU simple if they can keep them in stock... I came across a blog post on rearz about http://incontroldiapers.com and found out on this site shipping to the U.S. is free! I guess I'm switching back! At $1.94 a piece it's again an affordable option with no compromises. I usually use the Better Dry at night because they are hands down the best value at about $1.70 a piece. I just don't like the European cuts. They don't fit me well and therefore cut into my legs and are not very useful for #2 which isn't a problem at night. The inspires and similar chinese imports are softer (padding) and more comfortable to wear. While the inspires do get bulky they don't have as much of a pronounced front bulge of the better dry (they do bulge though!). The better dry do a better job of wicking. I've done some tests by weight when each was at the point of leaking and comparing the averages and I'd say they are pretty much equal. I just picked up a few cases of Inspires on sale, my first in about 8 months so hopefully they are still as good as my last batch.

Unrelated but I really don't like the inspire+ incontrol version for two reaons: The plastic backing and panel is much noisier and they are thicker dry with no discernible capacity benefits over the original (~4999ml vs ~5400ml iso rating). It's more "fun" if you're into noisy, bulky diapers but it is not nearly as discrete for incontinence wear.

I have used the TotalDry X-Plus for the last 6 months. They work well for me. I usually buy Large or night and mediums for day use but last time I ordered mediums where not in stock. So i bought some Northshore supremes mediums for now.

I just checked that website mentioned (incontroldiapers.com) and discovered that they have a sale for a case of Inspires Incontrol for $59.99. They are in Canada but like mentioned have free shipping to US over $40.00. Problem is the only payment method they accept is Paypal and I don't have a Paypal account. Darn what a great deal.

Betterdry are usually quite easy to get hold of in the UK apart from the poor stock levels. They are a comfy nappy with an approved by me soft plastic shell. What i dont like is the way they absorb, its all held in one place making a definite bulge to the front if sitting whilst wetting.

I still miss my confidry 24/7 mediums, can't get hold of them anymore in the EU. They were a perfect fit for me being slightly 'larger' medium sized.

I use Betterdry diapers as my main diaper of choice (24/7) but have found Rearz new hybrid diapers to be a close second as both work for me as a side sleeper. But better dry diapers are still in the lead by a slim margin.

sotexasDL said:
Problem is the only payment method they accept is Paypal and I don't have a Paypal account
it takes like five minutes to set up a paypal account. even i could do it

Total dry x plus is the same line as bambino classic teddy etc... I think ????

sotexasDL said:
I just checked that website mentioned (incontroldiapers.com) and discovered that they have a sale for a case of Inspires Incontrol for $59.99. They are in Canada but like mentioned have free shipping to US over $40.00. Problem is the only payment method they accept is Paypal and I don't have a Paypal account. Darn what a great deal.
THANKS for the tip on the Incontrol Hybrids. Hot diaper.

MissAmy said:
it takes like five minutes to set up a paypal account. even i could do it
Google checkout/creditcard payment is easier because Paypal requires you to pay then a few cents from your bank account and verify the amount sent, which takes up to 2 days to see it depending on the bank and day you did it. It really sucks but that's what I had to do when I created my business and private accounts there.

BetterDry is far cheaper ... and holds up very well during physical activity .

inControl is very expensive to import, and the tabs tend to pop a lot when I am moving around doing stuff .

Reactions: trefiner
Inconinmiss said:
I never tried the original Inspire. The Inspire+ InControl is more absorbent than BetterDry.
Can confirm. I never fell in love with a diaper before I got a package of Inspire+. This diaper is to me what Needle is to Arya Stark (Although not for the same reasons, obviously).

KitsuneFox said:
BetterDry is far cheaper ... and holds up very well during physical activity .

inControl is very expensive to import, and the tabs tend to pop a lot when I am moving around doing stuff .

I haven't had the experience myself but then I do tend to wear a onesie over my diapers now, so maybe I just haven't noticed.

Biggest issue I have with the in control line is they are extremely loud, I'd love to wear them out and about or at work. They are just the loudest diaper, which in some cases is great, but I'm no longer empty nested, so also have to deal with being more discreet as well in non-work times as well. I think I prefer the hybrid ones, hook and loop is amazing. I wish I could find something like better dry or north shore supreme with a great hook/loop setup that wasn't the sound of a walking trash bag. Xp medical has a great one, but it's not absorbent as those, if it upped absorbency a little, it'd be my main diaper.

I recently got some Incontrol essential and some inspire plus in control and they are both great, I have also used the premium nights, all of these diapers are basically a less expensive version of safari with some less thickness, I think my favorite out of all of them with regards to quality versus quantity would have to be the essential Diapers. In recent months I have discovered that coffee dry, now really suck for some reason. I have used better dry, or I should say crinklz but I’m not a fan of those because the plastic softness to stickiness of tape ratio is ridiculous, there’s a very good tendency to really ruin the diaper if you mess up the tape job. Because that plastic is so soft there’s more of a chance of ripping. So now these two former awesome Diapers are just completely out for me. So I guess from now on it’s going to be either North Shore mega Maxx or the really expensive Incontrol Diapers or the ABD El side of things with Safari

Don’t overlook the Essential from Incontrol. They are crinkly in the landing zone, yes, but with some boxer briefs and [relatively loose-fit] jeans overtop, they’re barely noticeable and pretty leak resistant to boot. I’ve gone to a couple of family gatherings and get-togethers where it’s been pretty quiet at times, and nobody has even bat an eyelash, nor have I really noticed any extra sound. Crawling into bed without any trousers, though? Yeah, they’re crinkly (especially since I’m usually climbing in with a fresh diaper that hasn’t yet “warmed up”) but with jeans on it’s not been an issue, particularly after it’s been on for a little while. The benefit of the landing zone is that the tapes keep their stick if you need to adjust/refasten them, and they don’t tear up the diaper in the process. They also have the numbered parking spots for the tapes so you don’t have to guess where the tapes should go once you figure out the right spot for you. And they seem to control the pee smell quite well.

I got these Essential and the Active Air thinking I would endure the Essential between Active Air special days, for the sake of cost savings, and it’s actually been the exact opposite. The Active Air, while more discreet and with the nice hook/loop tapes, make you feel cool and damp once they’re a tiny bit wet (like you’d feel if you’d wet your pants sans diaper…), and they have also sweat some fluid through to my boxer-briefs and jeans. Not enough to really be conspicuous (dark wash, thank goodness) but still not good. They also don’t contain smell well at all. I pee and my wife smells it almost immediately, whereas she’s never complained of smell with the Essential after a pack and a half.

Reactions: WillFord384
Back