InControl Essentials louder than Megamax?

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I had some bad days and i used some Megamax these days and today a left over InControl Essential.

Is it just me or is the InControl really much louder than Megamax?

Usually i can't hear my diaper when wearing trekking pants, but the InControl is clearly hear able,
i did not had that feeling when using the Megmax.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfman69, Edgewater and BigAl2
Yeah the incontrol do crinkle some. On steps it's louder. My wife knows when it's time for a change by the sound.

Reactions: Edgewater and Pino
I’ve used the Incontrol Essential for a few years as my staple, and just recently switched to the new Bedry.

I agree that Essential are noisier than Megamax. Ballpark guess about 20% - 25% more noticeable.

I don’t personally mind the noise, even in public. After a few times having to change in public rest rooms, and a full rear-end pat down at airport security, someone hearing crinkles if I walk past them in a store doesn’t bug me in the least. But I do admit, it takes some time to develop that confidence. It wasn’t the case at first…I would avoid noisy diapers like the plague.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pino, Ortler and BigAl2
I found out the hard way with the noise of the Incontrol essentials. Was at my Monthly Appointment with my Family Doctor. As i entered the packed waiting room. Door closed behind me and all cell phones were on silence. Its a policy to turn ringers / sound off. I am waiting in line to check in with reception. Was 2 others in-front of me. Every step i took you could hear the crinkle of the Diaper. Had a smile from one of the mothers waiting with her son.

Reactions: HalMidLife, Pino and BigAl2
I wear incontrol a lot and recently some megamax too. I can attest incontrol are definitely louder.
They said, I don’t hear them under jeans but if you have looser fitting clothing like gym shorts, I noticeably hear the crinkling.

Reactions: BigAl2, Pino and Edgewater
Longtime NS MEGAMAX user and even with my new ultra high-tech hearing aids, I do not hear anything with the exception of when I am adjusting my NS Trifecta diaper covers. The noice level of disposable diapers commonly is the result of the choice of plastic material used as the external cover.

The heavy influence of the AB/DL community is allowing some manufacturers to reduce their costs by shifting to stiffer, less expensive outer cover of their disposable diapers.

With great luck, the Premium, end of the Adult diaper market has resisted such a move as IC folks tend to enjoy not announcing they are wearing a diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike4978, CptKirk, BigAl2 and 2 others
HalMidLife said:
I’ve used the Incontrol Essential for a few years as my staple, and just recently switched to the new Bedry.

I agree that Essential are noisier than Megamax. Ballpark guess about 20% - 25% more noticeable.

I don’t personally mind the noise, even in public. After a few times having to change in public rest rooms, and a full rear-end pat down at airport security, someone hearing crinkles if I walk past them in a store doesn’t bug me in the least. But I do admit, it takes some time to develop that confidence. It wasn’t the case at first…I would avoid noisy diapers like the plague.
Is the Bedry the same in terms of noise compared to the Incontrol essentials?

unidl said:

BeDry seems to be quieter and softer in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: unidl and Pino
Pino said:
I had some bad days and i used some Megamax these days and today a left over InControl Essential.

Is it just me or is the InControl really much louder than Megamax?

Usually i can't hear my diaper when wearing trekking pants, but the InControl is clearly hear able,
i did not had that feeling when using the Megmax.
You want noise in control way to go. I recently discovered them. Awesome

Reactions: BigAl2
unidl said:
I find them to be about the same. Both are definitely on the crinkly end of the spectrum, but not as bad as Depend or Tranquility. I find those to be very loud

Reactions: unidl and Wolfman69
Back