Incontinence issues From S1 nerve compromise

AttilaThePun said:
For now, it's probably worth wearing diapers to cut down on laundry and the humiliation of obvious pants-wetting events. You can still move the diaper down to pee in the toilet, but wearing a diaper "just in case" is certainly not uncommon.
I know from experience that wearing a diaper for just-in-case also beats having diarrhea in your pants!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
slimjiminy said:
I know from experience that wearing a diaper for just-in-case also beats having diarrhea in your pants!
I did this morning and am now thank god I did as I had a full release while sitting, had it not been for the diaper it would have been a ruined my arm chair. I find the attends the state provides to be comfortable, absorbent, and quiet. So thats a plus as you can’t tell I’m wearing them. Sure beats the embarrassment of a public wetting.

cdory said:
I never wanted to deal with continence issues, but yet I am and it sucks =( sigh. I have severe S1 compression at my T5 vertebrae, I can’t lay down on my back, I have lost feeling in my left leg, worst of all I randomly piss my self, and often almost have messy accidents due to sudden urges I can barely control. Medicaid gave me diapers and basically told me tough, even though surgery would probably fix it. I often have wet spots an in the bathroom a lot trying to avoid diapers and or accidents. I know I should give in and wear the diaper especially at night as it would allow better sleep and reduce pain from getting up, but unlike some I fearful of giving up the control I do have in fear of never getting it back. Besides that I still wake up, and end up bearing the pain getting up to use the toilet. Should I give in and use the diapers, and let the control go? What would u do in my shoes? I’ve never been a bed wetter, I can’t pee laying down for the life of me. Right now I’ve severely limited liquids and thats helped reduce the leakage. Thou my dr tells me that’s bad. Its just so hard to get passed the embarrassment of diapers. I don’t think any reasonable person (no offense to those that do) wants to end up needing diapers again sigh.
cdory, I have some wear and tear on c-4 & c-5 I have neuropathy in my left leg and Right foot. Oh yes, and I am wetting myself randomly 24/7. I do wear diapers and plastic pants s-1 nerve the doctor says is what is causing all my issues. There is nothing they can do to repair the nerve. I have been this way 3 years now.

• Sad
Back