Incontinence issues after choosing to wet the bed?

parcelboy2 said:
2 weeks straight sounds more like a medical issue than training
Ali123 said:
If I’ve been in nappies for a while, say a week or so, it does become quite natural to just wet them.

So when I stop wearing them at first I do sometimes find myself starting to wet without realising. I usually wear towelling training pants or pull ups for a day or so just to be on the safe side.

It’s rare for me to be in nappies for a week now, though.
I dint know u could get towelling trainer pants

Reactions: Edgewater
Edgewater said:
Whether you had a history of being a DL should have zero effect on developing urge IC other than the mental comfort in wearing diapers. With great hope you are working with your doctor regarding this change and are having discussions regarding the medications that maybe of help.

Understanding that near all have side effects and those should be part of your discussions as well. Loss of urine control can be an indication of a cross-section of health problems that have developed. Enjoying the wearing of diapers should never interfere with monitoring the changes in your health.
Oh yes I've been through all necessary tests but thanks for your concern. My thought was more how much my habitual diaper/nappy wearing contributed to the onset of IC, or at least accelerated it. For instance I always for years used to consciously not squeeze my sphincter after peeing and I'm sure that weakened it over the years.

Reactions: Edgewater, Wetshisbed and Diprs2
If I don't wear at night I have to get up two hours after bed time and then two hours before my usual alarm time to pee. Wearing a nappy saves me getting up but whether I sleep better with is difficult to answer. Even when partially awake I am aware of my (wet) nappy. During the day I also have no ic problems. I am however a frequent potty/nappy user.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Bby said:
I was hoping to get some of your thoughts and experiences on something.

Those of you who have trained your bodies to wet your nappies in your sleep have you ever had continence issues in the day?

I think I have finally trained my body to know that it’s ok to wet at night because I have woken up wet most mornings for the past 2 weeks, I don’t mind this but I was a little concerned that it might turn into day time wetting issues?

Your thoughts or experiences would be most appreciated.
I have been wearing diapers to bed for just shy of a year to help with getting a good night's sleep and not having to get up 3-4 times a night. I have been sleeping incredibly well and always wake up with a soaked diaper. I haven't experienced any sense of not being able to control my peeing during the day. I generally don't wear a diaper during the day unless I am going out of the house for extended periods.

Reactions: Edgewater and Tenawearer
terrynappi said:
I dint know u could get towelling trainer pants
Just google ‘towelling training pants’ 👍🏻

Reactions: Edgewater
Edgewater said:
Whether you had a history of being a DL should have zero effect on developing urge IC other than the mental comfort in wearing diapers. With great hope you are working with your doctor regarding this change and are having discussions regarding the medications that maybe of help.

Understanding that near all have side effects and those should be part of your discussions as well. Loss of urine control can be an indication of a cross-section of health problems that have developed. Enjoying the wearing of diapers should never interfere with monitoring the changes in your health.
If I hadn't seen the doctor about my incontinence Icwouldnt have known I was diabetic.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Diprs2 said:
l generally don't wear a diaper during the day.
From the first time my nursing home diapered me for bedwetting nearly two years ago, I have been diapered 24/7 because I love being diapered 24/7. I may be incontinent, but that is secondary to being a diaper lover.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back