In Canada, replacing the NS Supreme Lites?

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
It looks like I need to order Tranquility ATN or SlimLine when available to replace the Supreme Lites, at an economical price.

Where do fellow Canucks order their briefs from? I used to order from Healthwick.ca but their prices have seen a steep increase, even for products like Tranquility ATN. Wellwise.ca can be economical but they never have my size and product in stock. Shoppers requires a $100 min order for free shipping, assuming your product and size is in stock.

Some of the other online ordering sites require you to order by the case. Walmart is good price-wise for the few products they carry, but I cannot find the Tranquility line there, for example. I'm not spending $4/ea for InControl anything. That's nuts.

Reactions: Edgewater
Before you give up on NS, consider emailing them direct and get the information direct. If true, I would guess that they likely have an alternative.
From what I have been following regarding the China Manufacturing facilities and the Container Ship requirements of only 53' containers. Resellers /brand buyers are being forced to full 53' containers only and that is a very large number of shipping boxes to fill a container of that size.

Edgewater said:
Before you give up on NS, consider emailing them direct and get the information direct.
Good idea... Their website simply says:
White, Medium unavailable indefinitely due to supply chain issues. Please switch to other colors.
So perhaps the issue is temporary. I do believe that White is the lower priced product but can't confirm that at the NS site at the moment.

There is Rearz;. Dont know your view on them with all of thier practices as of late. They quietly decided to discontue free shipping to NL without any reason given and I refuse to pay their insane shipping costs that end up being more then the items im ordering. I mainly use Age Comfort. Ive had no huge issues with them although they did bump their free shipping up to $100 during the pandemic. They do ship to flex delivery addresses as well if thats something you use.

I never had the chance to try out the Supreme Lites, but it seems a lot of places are having issues with medium sized products. Age Comfort has a product called City Print thats pretty discreet (imo) but they havent had any medium in months, but have gotten large restocked multiple times.

I buy the Supreme Lite's from Healthwick - they've only had the purple ones for some time now. I don't mind them; white might be better but the only person who sees them is my wife, anyway. I hear you with respect to your Rearz shipping costs - I find Rearz to be very economical, but I live in Ontario. Apparently they're supposed to be having a big sale on Valentine's Day - is there a shipping address in Nova Scotia or elsewhere that you could send a few cases to, to mitigate the cost of having to go over and get them? I have found that their sale prices can be quite attractive. Have you tried the InControl Essential's? If they put cases of those on sale, either next week, or when they do their warehouse sale in the summer, the price point is usually pretty low. They're $3 each at regular prices, and might get down to $2.50 on sale.

LstNwf said:
There is Rearz;. Dont know your view on them with all of thier practices as of late. They quietly decided to discontue free shipping to NL without any reason given and I refuse to pay their insane shipping costs that end up being more then the items im ordering. I mainly use Age Comfort. Ive had no huge issues with them although they did bump their free shipping up to $100 during the pandemic. They do ship to flex delivery addresses as well if thats something you use.

I never had the chance to try out the Supreme Lites, but it seems a lot of places are having issues with medium sized products. Age Comfort has a product called City Print thats pretty discreet (imo) but they havent had any medium in months, but have gotten large restocked multiple times.
I order all my stuff from Rearz. It's easier than ordering from the States and dealing with customs and import fees. My first diaper ordering experience was from Amazon, and they shipped them loosely in a thin oversized Amazon box with a single strip of tape on each side. There was no packing material and the box was starting to fail by the time I got it, but luckily you couldn't really see into the box. Rearz ships both packs and cases of diapers in tight fitting boxes with tape on all edges of the flaps.

I do have to agree with the NL shipping though. I think the more remote provinces are exempt from the free shipping. I'm also from NL and while ordering lighter items like clothing have decent rates, diapers are pretty expensive to ship.

To ship a $60 pack of Safari diapers costs about $45 for me, and for a $130 case it costs about $65. That's why I only ever buy cases from them. You get the case discount plus it works out to less than $10 shipping per pack for the other two packs. If I ordered 3 packs individually it would cost me about $315, but if I order a case it costs me about $195. The $120 savings is a no-brainer for me.

@slimjiminy You may want to consider asking Admin to move this thread over to the Adult Diapers Forum. I understand why you started it here, but you may get more input if it's in the other forum. Or maybe post a parallel thread there.

I have been IC for over 20 years and have tried most of the disposables on the market. I finally found that the best combination ( for me) is a disposable pull up from Costco called underwear for men as a booster with a cloth 11500 from kins over it. I use a Gary wear PUL high back cover pant. The pull up soaks up most of it and keeps your skin dry. The cloth takes up the leaks. The PUL pant breathes and is washable as is also the kins diaper. It's quiet and not too bulky and the cost is low. I just can't afford many dollars per change. If anyone has noticed what I wear they have been too polite to say anything.

I know a few mentioned it but I would reach out to NS directly if you haven't and see if their is anything they could do or potentially offer you and I would make sure you tell them your story or like your a long time customer but having supply issues with current supplier who knows. To me and it could be how I read it but I always felt calling CS was better

Also I know few have mentioned Rearz though I don't know their exact relationship but from the way I personally understand it is they have a medical company called Incontrol and there are somethings that are cheaper on their site. They also have their own line of diapers which they samples of each. I tried them years ago but can't remember

Also I believe they have it but have you looked at site like Craigslist, I don't have social media but have heard good deals on FB marketplace as well but for privacy reasons I like craigslist and I have literally bought diapers from one end to the other and some that were amazingly priced but me personally I don't like prints I passed on them. But I do check CL usually have nice a month as well if I am traveling because I have gotten good deals on way home from a trip.

Lastly like reaching out to NS if Tranquility ATN is something that works for you I would reach out to them. Tranquility CS has to be some of the best I had pleasure of talking with & maybe they have someone in CA that their prices are better or they can help. I can't speak for Canada but I personally have had them do great things also Tranquility is one of those companies that doesn't fix what's not broken and what I mean by that is though they may make an improvement the ATN, Slimline, Booster I bought in say 2013 look, feel and probably work the same if not better. Though I don't use their diapers primarily anymore I still use their boosters because of consistency, but I know special needs families that use them because of the consistency and their customer service or attention to their customers.

Someone mentioned that the Betterdry Day would be a good substitute.

slimjiminy said:
Good idea... Their website simply says:

So perhaps the issue is temporary. I do believe that White is the lower priced product but can't confirm that at the NS site at the moment.
Northshore doesn't really price differently based on brief colors so the prices are the same for all their briefs no matter the color choice (You can even mix and match cases for this reason)

rennecfox said:
Northshore doesn't really price differently based on brief colors so the prices are the same for all their briefs no matter the color choice (You can even mix and match cases for this reason)
Where I bought them from (healthwick.ca), the white was considerably cheaper.

Back