Rift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I am currently looking for a maker but I would like leds in the eyes does anyone know a maker that can do this for me?

Your best bets would be to modify an existing head and/or make your own.

Reactions: Cottontail
Rift said:
I am currently looking for a maker but I would like leds in the eyes does anyone know a maker that can do this for me?
LEDs are not difficult to work with. There are lots of tutorials and (at a glance) kits for eyes and other things that might apply to fursuits.

Out of curiosity, what sort of effect are you looking for?

There are also curious electronics guys like me who know nothing about making fursuits but wouldn’t mind collaborating on the light-up bits. ;)

i would check out FurAffinity if you haven't already, there are so many suit makers on there! i can't recommend any personally since i haven't gotten one made yet, but that's generally where you'll find a lot of people who make fursuits!

Reactions: Cottontail
Cottontail said:
LEDs are not difficult to work with. There are lots of tutorials and (at a glance) kits for eyes and other things that might apply to fursuits.

There are also curious electronics guys like me who know nothing about making fursuits but wouldn’t mind collaborating on the light-up bits.

Cottontail said:

There are also curious electronics guys like me who know nothing about making fursuits but wouldn’t mind collaborating on the light-up bits. ;)
I would like the leds in my paws to spiral like a portal then for my eyes I really want the halo heads up display

Last edited:
I have seen led suits the best suit makers they may have long wait list
But there can be a lot of scammers out there don't hug cacti is a mane maker there are others. are you a member of fur affinity you are looking for suit maker photo shoots
That will help you with styles.

Rift said:
I would like the leds in my paws to spiral like a portal then for my eyes I really want the halo heads up display
I'm having a hard time picturing this. Do you have any photo or video examples of what you have in mind?
I've even Googled the Halo HUD and I'm only seeing examples from a first person perspective. It seems like a screen that the player is looking through. What would this look like from the front?

As for the paws, I'm not sure what a spiral portal would look like animation-wise with LED lights, but the closest thing I've found to what you're describing would be something like this-unless you're able to find someone to do some custom work.

I'd also consider using other glow materials like dot matrix displays rather than LEDs since it sounds like you're after something extremely specific that may not be practical or cost effective. EL Wire can also be used-perhaps for the HUD? But, again, I have no idea what you want that to actually look like lol

Now onto the much easier part: Finding a fursuit maker!
My recommendation is to look first on FurAffinity. There's even a dedicated crafts/fursuiting section. I'd start looking there-makers will often make commission opening announcements through this channel.
Also, keep an eye on the ads! FA is the only website I have whitelisted for ads because they're all community/furry based.
You can also start by looking here. :)

I'd just focus on finding a style you like and something that's in your budget. Just reach out to a few makers and see if they'd be comfortable working with the pre-made electronics. You may be surprised!
Anywho, I hope that this has been helpful! Honestly, the fursuit commission process was just as fun as wearing one. Best of luck. :)

Reactions: foxkits
I started putting LEDs into model cars (because there wasn't an actual incandescent bulb that small i could find that matched the look of the real headlights, i'm not a big LED fan) and if you get them with wires on there and some switches its pretty easy to get the hang of wiring them up.You can still get the bulk wired diodes in the usual colors from ebay in bulk for peanuts. I know there's fancy controllers out there, and modules that you can get and they have preset animations. A loooong time ago when I thought I was a border collie, I was gonna do a 3-way EL wire glow on the back of a fullsuit, Didn't ever finish that story so I never made that bodysuit. Hasn't come up much for me since then, but it is cool when LEDs get art use and not the headache-inducing retail lighting & SUV headlight nightmare they've become for me xwx

Anyways, my philosophy with fursuits is you gotta try making your own at least once to better understand what goes into it and what you're getting yourself into. that's a lot of words and opinion to say I agree with Irnub that its worthwhile to make your own and that way you can best route the LEDs. Plan ahead, let your artistic chops do their thing, and wear what you make proudly.

I'm working on my 3rd suit now, after having a lot of fitment issues with commissioned suits.

SnepperStepper said:
I started putting LEDs into model cars (because there wasn't an actual incandescent bulb that small i could find that matched the look of the real headlights, i'm not a big LED fan) and if you get them with wires on there and some switches its pretty easy to get the hang of wiring them up.You can still get the bulk wired diodes in the usual colors from ebay in bulk for peanuts. I know there's fancy controllers out there, and modules that you can get and they have preset animations. A loooong time ago when I thought I was a border collie, I was gonna do a 3-way EL wire glow on the back of a fullsuit, Didn't ever finish that story so I never made that bodysuit. Hasn't come up much for me since then, but it is cool when LEDs get art use and not the headache-inducing retail lighting & SUV headlight nightmare they've become for me xwx

Anyways, my philosophy with fursuits is you gotta try making your own at least once to better understand what goes into it and what you're getting yourself into. that's a lot of words and opinion to say I agree with Irnub that its worthwhile to make your own and that way you can best route the LEDs. Plan ahead, let your artistic chops do their thing, and wear what you make proudly.

I'm working on my 3rd suit now, after having a lot of fitment issues with commissioned suits.
You could commission head paws tail make body suit.

foxkits said:
You could commission head paws tail make body suit.
if you mean me, that kind of defeats the point. I like making fursuits, idk why everyone else seems so afraid of doing it lately.

No
My comment was for op
Of thread

Reactions: SnepperStepper
A very big thank you to everyone

Back