• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

I'm back! Again, again, again 😂

Grannyweatherwax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello all!

It's been a long long time, so I thought I'd better do ANOTHER re-intro. (I swear I have at least 3 of them, now!)

I cannot say by what other usernames you may remember me as, as that would totally defeat the object of changing it.

I first joined this forum many many moons ago, not realising what it was actually all about. I literally searched for incontinence on tapatalk and joined genuinely not knowing anything about this community and its interests.

It was an eye-opener for sure! 😂🤣

I am literally here because of incontinence, those who remember me, will know that I'd actually do almost anything to no longer have to wear nappies.

I have nothing against anyone who chooses to wear them, I just genuinely had never heard of it before.

I don't remember how far I was, on my journey to try and "cure" my incontinence, when I was last here, but I'm happy to update.

I am permanently catheterised due to my brain and bladder falling out and no longer talking to each other. ( my brain is unable to tell my bladder to empty, even when it was totally full, and my bladder is unable to tell my brain it needs to empty, so it was getting pretty full, before the muscles just gave way and voided)

By the time I had urodynamics testing, my bladder was filling up to minimum 800ml, (they stopped filling it at that point as they said it would be counteractive to fill it until it voided) which is why I was always soaked - no nappy would cope with the speed the bladder voided at. (I was basically peeing like a horse)

They decided to permanently catheterise me. That has been a very long and bumpy road, which I‘ll update in the Incontinence section at some point.

I also now have a stoma - called Bert, because my brain and bowels fell out too. I still have to wear nappies, because of the ongoing issue with my bladder.

Anyway, I'll write up that story in the incontinence section.

I'm 44 f/uk and I have two "children", (one is 21 and the other is 18, so not really children any more) a loving Fiancé who is also my full time carer, due to my various illnesses. We have a dog, called Sam Sausages, and my Fiancé has two aquariums, one freshwater and the other a marine setup. He also has a pond with goldfish outside.

My hobbies are crafting, with various different subjects. My current favourite is needle felting it is incredibly therapeutic. I also make jewellery, card/papercrafting, crochet, knitting, pyrography, trying to learn wood-sculpture, oven-bake day modelling, Delica bead-weaving, loom, peyote, and brickstitch.

My brain has now decided to go blank, I'm sure I have other crafting hobbies, but my brain refuses to tell me what.

I also enjoy my new iPad and gaming on both iPad (Black Desert Mobile) and PS4. ( Skyrim, FFXIV, ESO, assassins creed: origins and odyssey, FO4, NMS, Dragon Age: Inquisition, portal knights, minecraft, occasional DIRT, when I'm well enough for my co-ordination to allow me to play such a game, and when my vertigo can cope with a very fast moving screen.

I am severely disabled, (far worse now than when I was last active) and need hoisting into my wheelchair. (mostly for health appointments) As since I was last around, my brain forgot how to use my legs. I now have severe muscular atrophy from my knees to my toes.

I am definitely a " glass full" person. (half full with liquid and half full with air and possibilities! 😂🤣❤ I try very hard to not let my disabilities either define me, or ever get me down.

I am an Empath and really enjoy helping others, and being around for them.

I hope that some of the members I used to get on with are still around, but I'm up for making new "friends" also

I had better stop talking, and let someone else get a word in! 😂🤣

Best wishes,

Gx

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Welcome back.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Hi and welcome back. Wonderful introduction. I'm sorry you're having these problems but it sounds like you also have a solution though not perfect.

egor said:
Welcome back.
Egor!

Was hoping you'd be one of the welcome committee heheh 🙂🙃

Thanks for the welcome 😊

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome back. Wonderful introduction. I'm sorry you're having these problems but it sounds like you also have a solution though not perfect.
Hey dogboy,

Thanks for the welcome, Bert is brilliant and I've thanked my consultant, that agreed to the op, nearly every day, in my head. 😌

Yeah, pretty much everything is in the pile of, "going to have an appointment to deal with it", (they've referred me to QE Birmingham, re urinary incontinence, as the latest Urodynamics testing has revealed an issue that is beyond my current consultant’s capabilities) we were getting the impression that it would inevitably be post Covid, but as they now seem to think that there'll never be a post-covid, at least until the vaccine is readily available to every man and his dog, we’ll just have to wait and see what they decide to do. 🙂

I do plan on a more detailed post in the incontinence section, when I finally get around to writing it. 🙃😉

Best wishes,

Gx

Reactions: dogboy
Back