If you had a pacifier when did you give it up?

sillygirl

Silly Girl
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have mine up when I was 5 years old because I always struggled quitting because of my autism.

I did and gave up
When I was 7
But every time I got a chance I would suck on my cousins paci. And now I have one again

Reactions: sillygirl
Peepeegirl said:
I did and gave up
When I was 7
But every time I got a chance I would suck on my cousins paci. And now I have one again
I got one back when I was 12 because I wouldn’t stop asking for one.

Reactions: VeiledDevotee
Guess I had one as a child but don't remember. Bought myself one about three years ago, and absolutely love it.

Reactions: sillygirl
I have two of them now. I always have one. I probably could have quit smoking and lost weight earlier if I'd had one earlier. 😇

I "left" paci before my 3rd birthday. But when my sister born, I stold one. Around my 10 or 11 years I found some paci outside and a few later I started buyng pacis more reguralry. A lot of them I stold at my supermarket. And I'd say I never stopped - OK, I don't steal them anymore, but still I use them. Daily.

I had a cat that loved sucking on anyone's ear. So, if he had a paci, he'd've certainly done so. He'd crawl up your chest to your neck, purring. Then lick the dangled part of a person's ear into his mouth, then take a deep inhale and exhale, kneading you painfully and suck away causing "goos bumps" to anyone. He was a trip! He also got along with my pet rat I had as a twenteener. I lost the picture, but he's here somewhere under pets. The cat with the blonde and white rat.:ROFLMAO:

As far as me? I was cut off from them when it was thought I was too old. Around 3 or so. I later put many things in my mouth as a kid resulting in all the flus I got.:sick::LOL:

I wonder if that oral fixation leads some to smoking? Does anyone find this true who loves pacifiers, and smokes?
I don't smoke though. (Schnullers were what we called pacifiers in my family, German)

• Haha
Reactions: denimchicken
Woncrinklz said:
I had a cat that loved sucking on anyone's ear. So, if he had a paci, he'd've certainly done so. He'd crawl up your chest to your neck, purring. Then lick the dangled part of a person's ear into his mouth, then take a deep inhale and exhale, kneading you painfully and suck away causing "goos bumps" to anyone. He was a trip! He also got along with my pet rat I had as a twenteener. I lost the picture, but he's here somewhere under pets. The cat with the blonde and white rat.:ROFLMAO:

As far as me? I was cut off from them when it was thought I was too old. Around 3 or so. I later put many things in my mouth as a kid resulting in all the flus I got.:sick::LOL:

I wonder if that oral fixation leads some to smoking? Does anyone find this true who loves pacifiers, and smokes?
I don't smoke though. (Schnullers were what we called pacifiers in my family, German)
LoL, that is one goofy cat. I imagine if you had given him a pacifier he would have loved it.

I didn't use a pacifier as a baby. I would suck on my middle, and index fingers. I think I stopped doing that around 3 years old? I purchased a pacifier from rearz to try now as an adult, and it doesn't do much for me. I went with their size 8 and I feel like I need to hold it in place with my lips which requires my active attention so I find it distracting. Maybe it's still too small? It feels more comfortable when I slide it off to the side of mouth. Kinda like a cigar? I'm curious what other people think.

Back