Ibs/ulcerative collitits

pdiapered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Does anyone here deal specifically with ulcerative collitits and could it lead to incontinence?

The National Institutes of Health say yes, due to the effects of chronic inflammatory bowel disease on the nerves in the gut lining that control urge and sphincter. Anyone with changes in bowel or bladder function should see a doctor.

AttilaThePun said:
The National Institutes of Health say yes, due to the effects of chronic inflammatory bowel disease on the nerves in the gut lining that control urge and sphincter. Anyone with changes in bowel or bladder function should see a doctor.
So I have a colonoscopy schedule next month and I have this knot on my rectum that hasn't went away in months. It's painful at times. I think I match alot of the symptoms of this disease. But I guess we'll see.

pdiapered said:
So I have a colonoscopy schedule next month and I have this knot on my rectum that hasn't went away in months. It's painful at times. I think I match alot of the symptoms of this disease. But I guess we'll see.
Is it on your anal opening? The rectum is *inside*. If it's a knot on your anus, you may have 1 or more hemorrhoids. The doctor doing the colonoscopy can tell you whether you have external or internal hemorrhoids at the time your colonoscopy is performed. They see those quite frequently, it won't shock the doctor at all unless you have the most ginormous 'roids they've ever seen - and even then, they'd most likely be concerned or impressed, but not shocked.

pdiapered said:
Does anyone here deal specifically with ulcerative collitits and could it lead to incontinence?
Yes, and yes. I've struggled with UC for many years, and I've had numerous episodes of incontinence as a result of it.

UC usually leads to numerous episodes of bloody diarrhea due to inflammation in the colon. If the rectum is inflamed, there usually a lot of urgency with the diarrhea, and not being close to a toilet can lead to fecal incontinence.

Fortunately, many cases of UC can be treated, though periodic flares happen in most patients. There are also cases that don't respond to treatment.

In any case, you're doing the right thing by seeing your doctor.

Reactions: Pino and AttilaThePun
Also, in an estimated 10% of chronic inflammatory bowel disease patients, there is a secondary effect on the bladder and/or ureters (the tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder).

Reactions: ltaluv
AttilaThePun said:
Also, in an estimated 10% of chronic inflammatory bowel disease patients, there is a secondary effect on the bladder and/or ureters (the tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder).
So are you speaking of urinary incontinence too?

I seemingly match all the symptoms. I'm notice infrequent times of needing to go ive had one small mis-hap. I also have a lump near the anus that is painful especially most of the time after a a bm. It burns and almost throbs at times. And by the way doctor said it's not a hemroid. All the hemorrhoid creams make it burn even those with lidocaine. The doctor said it's an inflammation of some sort.

pdiapered said:
So are you speaking of urinary incontinence too?
I assumed your opening post of this thread was about fecal incontinence, since ulcerative colitis is a bowel issue - but I also found information that it can also result in urinary incontinence in some patients, so I thought I should add that to the thread.

pdiapered said:
I seemingly match all the symptoms. I'm notice infrequent times of needing to go ive had one small mis-hap. I also have a lump near the anus that is painful especially most of the time after a a bm. It burns and almost throbs at times. And by the way doctor said it's not a hemroid. All the hemorrhoid creams make it burn even those with lidocaine. The doctor said it's an inflammation of some sort.
Yowch, that lump sounds miserable!! As for colitis, I have had C. Difficile colitis a couple of times due to antibiotics (always erythromycin, so I never take that anymore), and it was literally a shitty experience with some close calls on whether I'd make it to the toilet in time. Not something I want to get again. My mom had Crohn's disease, so I'm pretty familiar with chronic inflammatory bowel issues.

I hope they can resolve your issues sooner rather than later!

AttilaThePun said:
I assumed your opening post of this thread was about fecal incontinence, since ulcerative colitis is a bowel issue - but I also found information that it can also result in urinary incontinence in some patients, so I thought I should add that to the thread.
I've read that too Recently.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Back