I told my mom!!

BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I finally got up the courage to talk to my mom about my diapers. We had the conversation through text the last two evenings.

I started out by asking her about my potty training. She said that I was potty trained at three, but then said that I wet the bed until I was five. I had no idea about that. She said I was too embarrassed to stay the night anywhere, and that when I stopped I was so proud. From there I asked her about the time she caught me wearing diapers. She said that I was just a curious kid, and that she remembers being pretty upset. That’s when I told her that I would watch her change the baby’s diapers and wish she would say you’re next. I told her the feelings were very strong. She then asked if I ever got over them, and I told her no.

From there she asked if I needed to talk to a therapist, and I got a little discouraged, but kept going. I explained that I was seeing a therapist, and she really helped me accept this about me, and also understand that I wasn’t a weird kid growing up. She said I was not a weird kid, just curious. I told her when I made the decision last April, she was the first one I wanted to tell. I was getting the feeling that she didn’t know what I was trying to say, so I asked her. She said no. So I told her that my butt crinkles when I walk. She said “you wear depends?” I told her that I wear a different brand. She said she loved me, and everything about me, and will always support me. It was amazing. I told her if she had any questions to let me know, and she said she would think of some.

I’m so happy.

• Love
Reactions: AndyBaby92, littledreamers333, Midwest82 and 60 others
🥰 Support from loved ones 🥰

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, checkingoutall, peacefullydiapered and 6 others
that's great dude.

Reactions: Davvyboy, BabyHailey1977 and Rileyy
I'm delighted for you, buddy. Always good to have the support of a loved one.

Reactions: Davvyboy, BabyHailey1977, Rileyy and 1 other person
Babyspace1947 said:
I finally got up the courage to talk to my mom about my diapers. We had the conversation through text the last two evenings.

I started out by asking her about my potty training. She said that I was potty trained at three, but then said that I wet the bed until I was five. I had no idea about that. She said I was too embarrassed to stay the night anywhere, and that when I stopped I was so proud. From there I asked her about the time she caught me wearing diapers. She said that I was just a curious kid, and that she remembers being pretty upset. That’s when I told her that I would watch her change the baby’s diapers and wish she would say you’re next. I told her the feelings were very strong. She then asked if I ever got over them, and I told her no.

From there she asked if I needed to talk to a therapist, and I got a little discouraged, but kept going. I explained that I was seeing a therapist, and she really helped me accept this about me, and also understand that I wasn’t a weird kid growing up. She said I was not a weird kid, just curious. I told her when I made the decision last April, she was the first one I wanted to tell. I was getting the feeling that she didn’t know what I was trying to say, so I asked her. She said no. So I told her that my butt crinkles when I walk. She said “you wear depends?” I told her that I wear a different brand. She said she loved me, and everything about me, and will always support me. It was amazing. I told her if she had any questions to let me know, and she said she would think of some.

I’m so happy.
My mom was always so supportive when I wet my bed and she diapered me every night until I was 17. The hardest thing for me was when she told me it was time to stop wetting at night because I would soon be leaving for college and would be embarrassed if others knew I was a bedwetter. So I did stop, but the desire to wear diapers never left. Mom told me later that she suspected I could have stopped wetting my bed sooner but didnt because I liked the attention and love she felt for me when she diapered me. She was right. Now my fiance diapers me and I love the attention and love she gives me.

• Love
Reactions: NappyCouple1980, ARBBB2, Davvyboy and 12 others
Babyspace1947 said:

She said she loved me, and everything about me, and will always support me. It was amazing.

I’m so happy.
That is 1,000% great!!! I'm so damn happy for you I could do a jig. Unfortunately, I don't dance. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Davvyboy, Nottellingumyname, Rileyy and 2 others
I love stories like this, I am now open with my own Mom about my diapers, she doesn't entirely understand but is supportive. My sister also knows and is very supportive.
Life gets so much better when we accept who we are and that's easier when we dont have to hide like its a shameful thing. Its just an odd thing, and rarely understood

Reactions: Davvyboy, Nottellingumyname, Brajan32 and 4 others
It’s amazing to me how much we as a group need and thrive on affirmation. Very happy for you. 👍

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, Nottellingumyname, Traveller and 2 others
Subtlerustle said:
It’s amazing to me how much we as a group need and thrive on affirmation. Very happy for you. 👍
It really shouldn't surprise any of us. We are all aware most of the people we know either won't talk about our diapers or don't care to. And, many people would think we had lost all common sense to actually "admit we like wearing diapers." That's why we can't open up to everyone we know. To many, if not most, of us wearing diapers is an important part of our lives and a part of our being. We all seek affirmation for the choices we make; and, we go where we can get that affirmation without judgement.

• Love
Reactions: Danee599, Davvyboy, Nottellingumyname and 7 others
I agree. I’ve distilled all my external diaper dilemmas down to affirmation. My wife surprised me the other day when she commented that she thought I was still carrying some shame. I was shocked. I felt like I dropped that a while ago so how is it that I still portrayed this? It wasn’t until later that I figured it out. She sensed that there were times I still sought her affirmation about my thing. To her that meant for I was still carrying something negative. I’ve learned to never question her intuition. She is always tuned in.
So yeah, a participatory SO is the ideal situation for the vast majority of us but the loving affirmation is almost as good if one’s SO isn’t wired to wear diapers together.

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, Traveller, BabyHailey1977 and 2 others
Affirmation or acceptance from others often makes it much easier to accept ourselves. I got messed up by the rejection once of someone I liked a lot when I told her I liked diapers, I had to keep it private and save it for when I was alone and damn that filed me with so much shame. I wasn't entirely honest with her from the get go and tried to downplay diapers in my life, I didn't know just how deep a part of me being a baby was.

• Sad
Reactions: Davvyboy, Traveller, BabyHailey1977 and 2 others
Peesalot said:
It really shouldn't surprise any of us. We are all aware most of the people we know either won't talk about our diapers or don't care to. And, many people would think we had lost all common sense to actually "admit we like wearing diapers." That's why we can't open up to everyone we know. To many, if not most, of us wearing diapers is an important part of our lives and a part of our being. We all seek affirmation for the choices we make; and, we go where we can get that affirmation without judgement.
i agree with this. i also think along with sensory processing issues, lack of affirmation and abdl go hand in hand.. maybe diapers help to fill that void? although i don't really get the need for parents to know. but that's just me.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Traveller, BabyHailey1977 and 1 other person
I still can’t believe that I told my mom. I realize that at a 43 year old man, I don’t need my mom’s acceptance but it was nice to finally discuss my childhood incidents. Since our initial conversation, I’ve opened up more about my pacifier, sent her pictures of diapers and just talked about it. She didn’t like the Alpacas that I showed her, but said the Seni Quatro’s were more manly lol.

She doesn’t understand how popular this is in the world, and still wants me to see a therapist. I’m curious about how this will be the next time we visit them. I foresee her going out of her way to make me feel comfortable. It’s been great.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Rezzu, Traveller and 2 others
That's awesome, I'm so glad she accepted you, that was very brave of you. My mom knows I wear diapers because I told her I wear them for medical reasons (which was true at the time, but I really don't have that issue anymore). She once found my bottle and pacifier and asked if I wanted to be a baby, and I chickened out and said I didn't know. Part of me wants her to ask again so I can get it off my chest, and part of me wants her to forget the conversation ever happened.

Reactions: Davvyboy and BabyHailey1977
Autiesaurus said:
That's awesome, I'm so glad she accepted you, that was very brave of you. My mom knows I wear diapers because I told her I wear them for medical reasons (which was true at the time, but I really don't have that issue anymore). She once found my bottle and pacifier and asked if I wanted to be a baby, and I chickened out and said I didn't know. Part of me wants her to ask again so I can get it off my chest, and part of me wants her to forget the conversation ever happened.
When my mom caught me back as a kid and asked if I wanted to wear them, I said no. But I wish I would have said yes. We talked about that last week and she said she would not have let me.

Reactions: Davvyboy
Does she ever joke about it or treat it in a light hearted manner?

Reactions: Davvyboy and BabyHailey1977
Clothforever said:
Does she ever joke about it or treat it in a light hearted manner?
It’s all too new. I don’t live in the same town, so I’ll have to see next time we visit.

**Update**

My mom called me this morning and said she had some questions. So a nervously said ok, and she started by asking about me wearing them as a preteen. She asked if I used them when I wore them and I said no. The way I put two together wouldn’t allow me to wet without leaking all over the place. Then she asked me “at 11 years old did you just want to wear diapers, or did you want me to treat you like one of the babies?” I told her that I wanted to throw my underwear away and only wear diapers. I wanted her to change my diapers, give my binky and feed me bottles every once in a while.

She then said “so it was more than just diapers?” And I said yes, it was about the bond I missed with her. She said she understood that, but there is no way she would have let that happen. She then asked if I would have been ok with everyone knowing that I wore diapers, including the kids at school. I told her that I was perfectly ok with it, the only person I was afraid of was dad.

She brought up my pacifier now and asked if there is more to it. I told her that I use it whenever I’m alone and away from the house. She asked if I have a bottle and I said no. She said really? I told her that I had one, and more before I got married. And as I expected, that brought on more questions. I explained that when I was single that I had footed, snap crotch pajamas that I wore to bed. I also told her about my Care Bear that I slept with. She didn’t seem to like that I would drink a bottle and then sleep with my binky. I didn’t tell her that I had pink ruffled plastic pants, wore a bra to bed and drank formula. I figured that was too much.

She asked if I’m happier now in diapers and I said more that you could imagine. She laughed and said ok. I can’t believe how good this experience has been. I just wish I could tell her how bad I want to be a woman.

• Love
Reactions: littledreamers333, checkingoutall, Davvyboy and 9 others
Babyspace1947 said:
**Update**

My mom called me this morning and said she had some questions. So a nervously said ok, and she started by asking about me wearing them as a preteen. She asked if I used them when I wore them and I said no. The way I put two together wouldn’t allow me to wet without leaking all over the place. Then she asked me “at 11 years old did you just want to wear diapers, or did you want me to treat you like one of the babies?” I told her that I wanted to throw my underwear away and only wear diapers. I wanted her to change my diapers, give my binky and feed me bottles every once in a while.

She then said “so it was more than just diapers?” And I said yes, it was about the bond I missed with her. She said she understood that, but there is no way she would have let that happen. She then asked if I would have been ok with everyone knowing that I wore diapers, including the kids at school. I told her that I was perfectly ok with it, the only person I was afraid of was dad.

She brought up my pacifier now and asked if there is more to it. I told her that I use it whenever I’m alone and away from the house. She asked if I have a bottle and I said no. She said really? I told her that I had one, and more before I got married. And as I expected, that brought on more questions. I explained that when I was single that I had footed, snap crotch pajamas that I wore to bed. I also told her about my Care Bear that I slept with. She didn’t seem to like that I would drink a bottle and then sleep with my binky. I didn’t tell her that I had pink ruffled plastic pants, wore a bra to bed and drank formula. I figured that was too much.

She asked if I’m happier now in diapers and I said more that you could imagine. She laughed and said ok. I can’t believe how good this experience has been. I just wish I could tell her how bad I want to be a woman.
I too have been trying to work up the courage to tell my mom about my love to wear diapers but I just can't pull the trigger

Reactions: Davvyboy, Angelapinks and BabyHailey1977
Back