Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

I think most people are somewhere on an Ageplayer spectrum

BobaFettish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I think most of swim in the deeper end of the pool, but I think it's interesting to see how many are in the more shallow end.
I think doing or liking something like you did when you were young is a slight form of ageplayer.
I've seen adults get giddy taking pictures on giant oversized chairs that made them look small.
The popularity of super hero movie, Star Wars, and remakes/updates we watched when we were young.
We see adults wearing superhero shirts or other gear from stuff the liked growing up.
"The Toys That Made Us" on Netflix seemed like it was made for us.
The cycle of nostalgia is shorter than ever.
I could give lots of examples, but I think it comes from liking stuff you liked in simpler times.

Like I said, we dive into the deep end, but I still think it's the same pool as a lot of people.

Reactions: Halibut and dogboy
We live in times where this (picture below) is perfectly acceptable for an adult to wear. 10 years ago this attire would be ridiculous and questionable. There are other examples like this which lead me to believe we are on a path where adults are able to act more childish than in previous decades.

Sadly ABDL has a negative and sick annotation; BUT there is another term which I can see catching on and not be something people would feel embarrassed to say.

KID+ADULT = KIDULT

Noun. kidult (plural kidults) (informal, marketing, sociology) An adult who participates in youth culture and activities traditionally intended for children.

People are realizing that it is comfortable to chill on the couch while wearing something that resembles toddler/baby pajamas, I LOVE that this has happened.

I believe that most people who are brave enough to put their embarrassment aside would find a night on the couch in ABDL PJs or Onesie PJs (above) AND an ABDL diaper to be relaxing, comforting, regressing, stress relieving; whether they use the diaper or not. Add a dash of baby powder and you're on cloud 9.

I have no idea what started the adult onesie pajama trend and what made it succeed; but I want to see the momentum kept up.

I think we could apply the same marketing strategy used to normalize onesie PJs and start normalizing adult onesies/body suits.

Some other hashtags catching on are "adulting" or "adult" used where adults state they can't "adult" anymore; suggesting they want to stop being an adult and regress to a state where all of their responsibilities and stresses are gone.

If only Adult Baby were more widely acceptable, stressed out parents and adults could benefit from a night or two of regression.

Sadly, my observation is that ABDL will remain hidden and frowned upon until we can clean up the image and make ABDL more than just a community of people who like to cut holes in diapers and have diaper sex; or pay hookers to change their soiled diaper.

People only see the dark side in us.

/rant

Last edited:
Reactions: PacifierGuy2015 and PaddedCaelum
neophyte said:
We live in times where this (picture below) is perfectly acceptable for an adult to wear. 10 years ago this attire would be ridiculous and questionable. There are other examples like this which lead me to believe we are on a path where adults are able to act more childish than in previous decades.

Sadly ABDL has a negative and sick annotation; BUT there is another term which I can see catching on and not be something people would feel embarrassed to say.

KID+ADULT = KIDULT

Noun. kidult (plural kidults) (informal, marketing, sociology) An adult who participates in youth culture and activities traditionally intended for children.

View attachment 33321

People are realizing that it is comfortable to chill on the couch while wearing something that resembles toddler/baby pajamas, I LOVE that this has happened.

I believe that most people who are brave enough to put their embarrassment aside would find a night on the couch in ABDL PJs or Onesie PJs (above) AND an ABDL diaper to be relaxing, comforting, regressing, distressing; whether they use the diaper or not.

I have no idea what started the adult onesie pajama trend and what made it succeed; but I want to see the momentum kept up.

I think we could apply the same marketing strategy used to normalize onesie PJs and start normalizing adult onesies/body suits.

View attachment 33322

Some other hashtags catching on are "adulting" or "adult" used where adults state they can't "adult" anymore; suggesting they want to stop being an adult and regress to a state where all of their responsibilities and stresses are gone.

If only Adult Baby were more widely acceptable, stressed out parents and adults could benefit from a night or two of regression.

Sadly, my observation is that ABDL will remain hidden and frowned upon until we can clean up the image and make ABDL more than just a community of people who like to cut holes in diapers and have diaper sex; or pay hookers to change their soiled diaper.

People only see the bad in us.

/rant
Dang! That’s a well constructed response and you make a lot of good points. Honestly that whole trend is one of the fuels for my AB side, when it kicks up. I can just pass it off as just a kooky thing. It’s awesome and it makes our culture and mainstream culture closer together, even if they haven’t quite touched

Reactions: neophyte
neophyte said:

Excellent point about #Adulting. We may be in the deep end, but a lot of people are playing in our pool.

I hope that we eventually just become another weird kink. Like Jennifer likes being spanked. Rob likes wearing panties. Anna likes being tied up with ropes. Jay is an Ageplayer.
DD/Lg is a known thing to a lot of people. That's not too far from us.
I think people are more aware of us now, and I think eventually we'll get to the point of just being another stripe of weirdos.

I like your analogy of shallow end and deep end and I totally agree. I think there are social anxieties at work here. Our world has gotten much more difficult to navigate, between toxic politics and the news media which now is mostly sensationalism instead of objective news reporting. Since marijuana isn't legal in most states, something I heavily used when I was of Vietnam War draft age, regressing is the next best way to deal with all this stress.

BobaFettish said:
I think most of swim in the deeper end of the pool, but I think it's interesting to see how many are in the more shallow end.
I think doing or liking something like you did when you were young is a slight form of ageplayer.

I think your pool analogy is more like regular folks wading in the kiddie pool next to our Olympic sized pool. lol
They may both be pools, and next to each other, but there is still a huge different between wearing fun PJs and ageplay and/or AB/DL activities.

neophyte said:
We live in times where this (footie PJs pic) is perfectly acceptable for an adult to wear.
10 years ago this attire would be ridiculous and questionable.

I believe that most people would find a night on the couch in ABDL PJs or Onesie PJs (above) AND an ABDL diaper

"Adulting" where adults state they can't "adult" anymore;
suggesting they want to stop being an adult and regress to a state where all of their responsibilities and stresses are gone.

Adult sized Footie PJs have been around for a long time, but yes they have gotten very popular more recently.
10 years ago... Uh for guys ya I guess, but not for us girls.
The difference being that most women that liked/wanted them just had to go into the kids section to buy them.
Big girl sizes [7-16] have always overlapped with Juniors/Womens sizes not to mention there isn't a big gap in height either.

Bodysuits or Onesies like any other piece of women's clothing come and go in/out of style.
They just so happen to be in style again and we have always been able to wear more "childish" looking clothing without much repercussions.
And more cartoon/character stuff is in no small part thanks to our Disney Overlords marketing dept making it happen, LOL

As far as "I'm done Adulting for the day" lol.
Yaaaaa, there's a big difference between unplugging from your "Adult" life for a few hours to decompress and ageplay or AB/DL stuff.

Also, we are talking about five very different groups of people here.
Vanilla folks, age players, littles, ABs & DLs whom all have their different reasons for liking or not liking all this stuff.

Vanilla people not "Adulting" or owning quirky [childish] PJs are not age playing and have little to no interest in AB/DL things.
Not all age players like AB or DL stuff at all.
Not all "littles" "middles" "bigs" [who are different then age players] are into the AB or DL stuff.
Not all DLs are age players, "littles" "middles" "bigs" or into any type of AB stuff.

How can you except Vanilla folk to like/want to wear a diaper [let alone an AB style print one] when not all us kinky folk do either?

Last edited:
Reactions: DprEffect
MandyBear said:
I think your pool analogy is more like regular folks wading in the kiddie pool next to our Olympic sized pool. lol
They may both be pools, and next to each other, but there is still a huge different between wearing fun PJs and ageplay and/or AB/DL activities.

Adult sized Footie PJs have been around for a long time, but yes they have gotten very popular more recently.
10 years ago... Uh for guys ya I guess, but not for us girls.
The difference being that most women that liked/wanted them just had to go into the kids section to buy them.
Big girl sizes [7-16] have always overlapped with Juniors/Womens sizes not to mention there isn't a big gap in height either.

Bodysuits or Onesies like any other piece of women's clothing come and go in/out of style.
They just so happen to be in style again and we have always been able to wear more "childish" looking clothing without much repercussions.
And more cartoon/character stuff is in no small part thanks to our Disney Overlords marketing dept making it happen, LOL

As far as "I'm done Adulting for the day" lol.
Yaaaaa, there's a big difference between unplugging from your "Adult" life for a few hours to decompress and ageplay or AB/DL stuff.

Also, we are talking about five very different groups of people here.
Vanilla folks, age players, littles, ABs & DLs whom all have their different reasons for liking or not liking all this stuff.

Vanilla people not "Adulting" or owning quirky [childish] PJs are not age playing and have little to no interest in AB/DL things.
Not all age players like AB or DL stuff at all.
Not all "littles" "middles" "bigs" [who are different then age players] are into the AB or DL stuff.
Not all DLs are age players, "littles" "middles" "bigs" or into any type of AB stuff.

How can you except Vanilla folk to like/want to wear a diaper [let alone an AB style print one] when not all us kinky folk do either?

If you look for the worst in the world, you'll find it. If you look for the best in the world, you'll find it. Same world.

Have a wonderful day!

BobaFettish said:
If you look for the worst in the world, you'll find it. If you look for the best in the world, you'll find it. Same world.

Have a wonderful day!
Hi
I hope you didn't get me wrong. I'm really not the glass is half empty type, well I'm not the glass is half full type either, lol
More of the glass is full type, half with water, half with air, lol.

Ya it would be nice to see all of us (AB/DL, littles, ageplayers, ect, ect) to be more widely accepted as BDSM has become because of "50 Shades".
*Not my favorite books/movies, for reasons, but they did get vanilla folks talking about it.
But I still don't think the Footie PJ wearing vanilla masses are going to be running out to buy AB diapers any time soon.

MandyBear said:
Hi
I hope you didn't get me wrong. I'm really not the glass is half empty type, well I'm not the glass is half full type either, lol
More of the glass is full type, half with water, half with air, lol.

Ya it would be nice to see all of us (AB/DL, littles, ageplayers, ect, ect) to be more widely accepted as BDSM has become because of "50 Shades".
*Not my favorite books/movies, for reasons, but they did get vanilla folks talking about it.
But I still don't think the Footie PJ wearing vanilla masses are going to be running out to buy AB diapers any time soon.

I'm the first to admit that text loses context sometimes. I believe ABDL acceptance is slowly happening. Little thing here and there makes me think things will eventually get to the point of some other kinks.
I don't think adults in footie PJs will eventually end up in ABDL, but I think when they put on their footie PJs, they are hitting the same nerve as we do with diapers, just not as hard.
I think with pop culture being in the shallow end of our pool will eventually lead to a lil more acceptance. I've seen Miley have a music video with her in diapers. Melanie Martinez' whole aesthetic is ageplay. It's little things here and there.

BobaFettish said:
I've seen Miley have a music video with her in diapers.
Melanie Martinez' whole aesthetic is ageplay. It's little things here and there.

You have a point and after a quick search I agree it looks to be more then just an act or gimick for Melanie Martinez.

But I just think Miley is a freakin attention whoring look at me train wreck that will claim she is anything her handlers tell her to be next. LOL
Look at me, Im cute, Im edgy, Im a baby, Im punk, Im slutty, Im a guy, Im Bi/Les/whatever, Im..... well you get the hint , lol

Back