i need to quit diapers

Someone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
i need to quit now i cant do it on my own i make my diapers i need help to quit can one of you all help me

• Thinking
Reactions: Jorelaxed, BunnyFofo, littledreamers333 and 1 other person
You kidding?

Reactions: Someone
Hey there, @eliblox2009. I'm sorry you're struggling with this. I think many of us can relate to wanting to quit, though as a group we tend to favor self-acceptance. That's because, while you can stop indulging the desires, they tend not to go away. Quitting is certainly possible, but it might become a chronic internal struggle. If you want to try it, the only thing I can think to suggest is to find a very, very worthy distraction--a major life goal, a new hobby, or something else that you can really get lost in and derive some self-worth from. I don't know what that means to you though. You'll have to do some soul searching.

I wish you the best. If quitting doesn't work, perhaps we can advise on how to be little and diapered while also being the adult you want to be.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Someone, Deleted member 59082 and 6 others
I once shared this frustration, but got to a point of accepting after asking myself deeply what value diapers, etc. add to my life. As an asexual male who had very limited connections romantically or sexually, I was glad to find a sense of release that the ABDL side offered. It wasn’t as detrimental to my health like other “adult” vices like drugs and alcohol.

The first few years of exploring it all came with a strong desire to purge everything out of disgust, but I would also encourage you to think about the value of ABDL. We cannot always change the behaviors of others but can focus on our own.

Reactions: Someone, Deleted member 39193, ichinyan and 1 other person
eliblox2009 said:
i need to quit now i cant do it on my own i make my diapers i need help to quit can one of you all help me
From what I've seen, no one can help you quit.
I don't think it's possible to get rid of these desires, and it's not healthy to deny them.
Instead learn to accept who you are and what you enjoy.

Also, there's an introductions forum where you can post and introduce yourself.

Last edited:
eliblox2009 said:
Why do you need to quit?

Probably your desire to wear diapers is somehow hard wired into you brain just as it is for most of us here. That's why it's difficult to quit. One can always stop wearing diapers but you don't really quit because the desire to wear is still part of you brain activity.

I couldn't help wonder if you are fairly young? I hated the fact that I wanted to be in diapers when I was young. It didn't fit with my weight lifting, sports enjoying personality. But over time I realized that I can be a lot of different things at the same time. They simply take turns. I enjoy adulting and accomplishing adult things, especially since I'm a professional musician. I would never give that up. But in my down and alone time, I also enjoy fantasizing that I'm a 2 year old toddler who enjoys wearing and wetting his diapers.

Wearing diapers and regressing hasn't hurt my life at all. Not being able to have a diapered baby day does hurt my emotional well-being because it's something that I'm compelled to do. It's all about balance. Wear when you have the time to be your little self and be the adult you see yourself the rest of the time. They're not incompatible.

Reactions: Someone, Diprs2, Serendiapity and 3 others
I agree with @Cottontail, @eliblox2009 for years and years I kept purging and binging, purging and binging. The cycle became very trying and tiring. I would throw diaper away wasted tons of money and finally I said what am I hurting by wearing diapers. I've had these feelings since I could remember. If you have to your fighting close to a losing battle. I think mine was due to two factors 1 autism 2. Abuse and potentially a third one too 3 neglect. When I was a couple months old I was left my my biological parents alone and neglected. The officer said that I was completely soaked when they found me. I'm convinced this had an affect in me. Please maybe talk to a counselor about it.

Reactions: MetalDan86, Someone, Cottontail and 1 other person
pdiapered said:
I think mine was due to two factors 1 autism
i have autism too i starting to win he battle a little more and more each day

SparkyDog said:
Why do you need to quit?
i just thought one day what am i getting out of this hiding my moves from everyone i know

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Dual incontinence now makes diapers a necessary part of my life, but I’ve had a lifelong affinity for plastic pants which led me to feel about them as you do about your desires for diapers. As others have posted this just got me caught up in the binge and purge cycle where I would throw everything out in a fit of guilt and be fine until I would see something that would set me off again and I would binge again costing more money. The worst part of this being that all the time I was binging there was a voice in the back of my head telling me that I was just going to throw all these newly acquired plastic pants out in another purge. Maybe this is one of the reasons I found my ic to be easier to adapt to and live with than it is for some folks, I now have a good reason for wearing my polymer pals (over my cloth butt wrappers), thus ending my purging.

eliblox2009 said:
i just thought one day what am i getting out of this hiding my moves from everyone i know
Well that's a personal choice
I would work on cutting back instead of quitting as that will be quite hard.
I would suggest you wear to bed & around home
When you go out the diaper stays at home

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Your best bet is to try and accept yourself. Most of us go through some sort of binge / purge cycle it’s normal. But if you’re truly an ABDL you won’t be able to quit.

Reactions: MetalDan86
If you truly want to quit I suggest consulting a therapist 🙏

I imagine most of us here have tried to quit, at one time or another, and have failed. Much as I hate to use this analogy, you're like an addict asking other addicts for help.

I'd echo what others have said in this thread, that the desire will never go away. As Dr Rhoda Lipscomb wrote, "There is no therapy you can endure, medication you can take, or ritualistic exorcism that will cause these thoughts and feelings to leave your mind and body."

I'd suggest that what you are struggling with is the issue of self-acceptance. "If I get rid of the diapers," you may be thinking, "I'll be okay." In point of fact, the opposite is true: Your attraction or need for diapers helps make you who and what you are.

All of us struggle with this point, and some fare better than others. I've been dealing with it for nearly 60 years, and I've finally come to understand that my fascination with diapers is as legitimate as another person's fascination with their car, with firearms, or with knitting and needlepoint. The fact that society tolerates them and doesn't understand me doesn't make my need or desire any less real ... or any less worthwhile. As long as I hurt no one and force my AB or DL predilections on anyone else, I don't think the kind of underwear I choose to wear is anyone's concern but mine.

• Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone, MetalDan86 and pdiapered
I had been wearing diapers 24/7 for almost 15 years due to a medical reasons (Spina bifida) but later It has been turned into a fetish,
I'm now wearing them occasionally.
I can spend months without wearing diapers but I can't stop thinking about them.
I think I will be wearing diapers the rest of my life

eliblox2009 said:
If you are a person of faith, you could try prayer. I do believe prayers get answered.
As others have said, wearing diapers is a relatively harmless activity, but if it troubles you then that can dampen any enjoyment you could get out of it. I speak from experience—though in regards to other pastimes. Sometimes taking a break and thinking (or not thinking) about it can be beneficial as well. When my writing projects drag me down, I take a week or so and let my mind refresh. Perhaps stepping away for a day or two and reflect on what people here are saying. Stressing about something troubling you tends to make it worse.

Last edited:
I've only been into this for a meager 42 years and have autism as well. If you really wanna quit, don't just stop; the binge-purge rebound will bite you back, hard. Time and life circumstances will tell if this is something which you can suppress well enough...or eliminate.

In my case, the only way to deal with it was to just accept diapers and not only me-sized baby things...but me-sized baby girl things at that. I never thought I could be so happy in this, diapers & dresses an' all.. but that's my journey. You'll have to see what pops up on your own trail...and I hope you find both contentment...and peace of mind. ✊

Reactions: Pelusos
I'm DL from my age 5 and I was travelling in the same roller coaster till my age 35. I think it's a path we have to go through. If you are in a station where you want quit it, no problem, maybe we have to experience it, throw all your set to the trash, it's part of the ritual. Live your diaperless life to the fullest, don't let diapers deprive you of another sours of happines or joy.
Accepting yourself is the most important, remember: you don't do any dangerous, you don't hurt any others or yourself, maybe you have to put away now little bit...

Reactions: dogboy, Lyric and BobbiSueEllen
Back