I got caught

There's no easy way out of this :( Presume moving out not an option?

Something like:

I wet my pants one night, just like I was still 16! and was terrified you would find out, knowing that you thought I had grown out of it.
I decided to wear a diaper overnight again to save some embarrassing moments with you mom, and I failed.
Sorry mom you found my used diaper, but I feel I have no choice sometimes, I don't want to wake up in a wet bed ever again.
I don't think I need them all the time but believe me I would go get checked out if it got worse.
I'm sure I'm fine, and I know we've been here before, but now you know why. I'm thinking of both of us here.
If I think I need a diaper at night to be safe, then I'm going to wear one.
I love you mom, and I hope you can see that.

Reactions: WillFord384, Sgdlboy, KrankyPants and 2 others
Sgdlboy said:
yeah i guess but that would suck on days i didn't want to or if i wasn't in the mood to wear . I mean a part of me did consider the factor but i wasn't mentally prepared to wear like 24/7 .
No one said you have to start wearing 24/7 or even consider it.
Just stick with the bedwetting, no need to go any further then that.

Wearing everynight (as you already know) can really suck at times but is a lot easier on you then wearing 24/7.

Just remember, like others have said, whatever you tell her you will have to stick to until you tell the thruth or move out (and even that might not completely solve your problem).

Reactions: Sgdlboy
If it were me, and it isn't, I wouldn't say a thing until she brings the subject up. If she does confront you just tell her there are times you have issues with stress and urge ic and you never know when it will happen so you prefer to be prepared rather than peeing in your pants. That eliminates any health concerns you might cause her to have if you use the medication lie. Again, don't say anything until she brings it up. If you were diapered to age 17, this isn't something so far fetched it's unbelievable. In fact, it's quite believable. If she asks why you haven't told her before just tell her you didn't want to burden her with it as it is your problem to deal with. It really should be that simple.

Reactions: Sgdlboy, WillFord384, KrankyPants and 1 other person
I told my mom not to worry about my issues and that im taking care of it myself , so far she is okay with it , i am very sure she has a lot of questions and we were sitting down at the living room watching the daily news and a diaper advertisement came up and let me just say OMG i don't even know where to look and it was sooooo awkward . She 100% definitely gave me the look , it was so bad i didn't even dare to look at her direction , i flustered and asked a random question about some other stuff about the news hoping to direct her thoughts on other stuff . It's so difficult to keep up already .

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Anburako, checkingoutall and KrankyPants
Sgdlboy said:
I told my mom not to worry about my issues and that im taking care of it myself , so far she is okay with it , i am very sure she has a lot of questions and we were sitting down at the living room watching the daily news and a diaper advertisement came up and let me just say OMG i don't even know where to look and it was sooooo awkward . She 100% definitely gave me the look , it was so bad i didn't even dare to look at her direction , i flustered and asked a random question about some other stuff about the news hoping to direct her thoughts on other stuff . It's so difficult to keep up already .
It will get better in time. I remember being in that situation after my mother found out. The same thing happened, we were watching tv and a diaper commercial came on. The room was awkwardly quiet as the commercial played...

Your mom will never stop loving you, no matter how you turn out to be. Maybe if you explained it to her and why you like wearing diapers. You might be surprised, some mom's very understanding...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rezzu and Lyric
TexasToast11 said:
Your mom will never stop loving you, no matter how you turn out to be. Maybe if you explained it to her and why you like wearing diapers. You might be surprised, some mom's very understanding...
Not to be a super debbi downer here, but there are lots of parents who reject their children for how they live. I have friends who are estranged from their parents because they're gay, which is something that is MUCH more accepted than ABDL in the general public. My partner is also Asian (which I'm assuming SGDLBOY is, considering he's from Singapore) and let me tell you there is a LOT of pressure to be the perfect child from Asian parents. My partner fits the mold of a pretty "normal" kid (straight, religious, good grades, good job) and even then there's lots of pressure. Something like ABDL is very likely to be seen as VERY VERY shameful.

I'm going to trust that if sgdlboy says that his mom won't accept it, we shouldn't ignore his very real experiences and try and convince him to come clean to her. Realize that it's a huge risk and something that you can't come back from. This is not just a "lets hold hands and sing kumbaya and hope for the best" situation, this could be a real safety issue for the OP. As much as we all can agree that our activities are ok and should be accepted, that's just not the lived reality for a large number of people on this forum.

Reactions: littlemoosey, Sgdlboy, Lightstreak2553 and 1 other person
distract said:
Not to be a super debbi downer here, but there are lots of parents who reject their children for how they live. I have friends who are estranged from their parents because they're gay, which is something that is MUCH more accepted than ABDL in the general public. My partner is also Asian (which I'm assuming SGDLBOY is, considering he's from Singapore) and let me tell you there is a LOT of pressure to be the perfect child from Asian parents. My partner fits the mold of a pretty "normal" kid (straight, religious, good grades, good job) and even then there's lots of pressure. Something like ABDL is very likely to be seen as VERY VERY shameful.

I'm going to trust that if sgdlboy says that his mom won't accept it, we shouldn't ignore his very real experiences and try and convince him to come clean to her. Realize that it's a huge risk and something that you can't come back from. This is not just a "lets hold hands and sing kumbaya and hope for the best" situation, this could be a real safety issue for the OP. As much as we all can agree that our activities are ok and should be accepted, that's just not the lived reality for a large number of people on this forum.
Yes exactly spot on , being abdl is seen as shameful here from parents , well at least it is from an asian perspective . I don't even think they know what abdl is and unlike most western counterpart , telling parents that liking to wear diapers for comfort or mental well being is not advised . They will think its some sort of bad mental illness or that if someone is "crazy" . Depending on parents i would say majority of them do not understand at all . If i can tell my mom that i wear for comfort and for my mental well being i definitely would but i would say due to the culture here i would rather lie than to tell the truth .

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
Sgdlboy said:
Yes exactly spot on , being abdl is seen as shameful here from parents , well at least it is from an asian perspective . I don't even think they know what abdl is and unlike most western counterpart , telling parents that liking to wear diapers for comfort or mental well being is not advised . They will think its some sort of bad mental illness or that if someone is "crazy" . Depending on parents i would say majority of them do not understand at all . If i can tell my mom that i wear for comfort and for my mental well being i definitely would but i would say due to the culture here i would rather lie than to tell the truth .
It is the same with my parents. Every time I imagine my mom or dad finding out about this, I imagine how they would react if they saw Riley Kilo on that one episode of My Strange Addiction, or if they randomly saw another one of us on a talk show/news cycle (which almost never goes well). I can hear it even then: people are nuts, weird, crazy, freaks, just looking for attention, need help, etc. My own relative, in their late twenties, holds down their own job and is financially independent, engaged, and otherwise acts like a responsible adult. Yet my mother's greatest criticism of her is her constant obsession with Disney princesses and "dressing up" (she cosplays). To her, she just needs to grow up and quit acting like a child (remember, they're a fully functioning adult but that one particular hobby negates that apparently). I can only imagine what they would think of us. It's why I have to keep everything about this side of me private; I can't imagine what their response would be and I don't want to damage our relationship as a result, so it's easier to keep it hidden. I'll just wait until I move out to finally be able to try diapers and hopefully will one day find someone I can marry that will accept me for what I am too. Otherwise, it's way safer to keep things hidden. Things just work better that way.

Back