I disagree with the claim that diapers aren’t hard to keep discreet

Allthatandthechips

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So we’ve all probably been through the binge-purge cycle and I’m sure I’m not actually over it, but I’ve been trying to treat things as less extreme, wearing when I want and not when I don’t, and... I’ve been wearing way more but without that urge to purge everything.

It is funny, I’ve been wearing each night and not wanting to change for work, then changing right after work into a pull-up for errands and then back into a diaper as soon as I’m home. Changing again before bed into a clean diaper. I’m just a work day away from 24 hours and I’m just more comfortable with it and not judging it.

I feel no less fear about being found out but I feel more comfort and drive to wear diapers (or goodnites for discretion) at pretty much all times. I’m just trying to go with the flow. Wearing diapers more at home has made me feel so much more comfortable about how discreet pull-ups are. If I’m not in the mood to wear later today, I won’t. If I am, I will. More than likely I’ll be padded to various degrees all weekend. And I’m just coming to be okay with that for what it is and taking every day as just one day. Every minute as just a minute. Not an indicator of my whole life or a worst-case scenario spiral.

That said, I have not found ANY clothes that make wearing a diaper, even a cloth backed preschool diaper, discreet. I just don’t wear skirts or dresses and even if I can pull off the diaper dry under baggy pants with a long shirt, when wet it’s obviously not just a butt under there 😂. So I guess my main thing is yay for taking things less extreme, but also I just don’t see how anyone wears diapers discreetly. Of how any non-dress/skirt wearing women do at least. There just isn’t much hiding the front bulge or the back bulge when wet. Even with something to hold it up.

And yes, before I get 30 “strangers really aren’t going to notice anything or realize it’s a diaper” comments, sure, many strangers might not realize, but it’s a damned small world we live in and also, my roomate definitely would. They’re a nurse for the elderly, and was a bed wetter so likely more attuned to it.

• Love
Reactions: Traveller and SecretBabyBoy
Allthatandthechips said:
So we’ve all probably been through the binge-purge cycle and I’m sure I’m not actually over it, but I’ve been trying to treat things as less extreme, wearing when I want and not when I don’t, and... I’ve been wearing way more but without that urge to purge everything.

It is funny, I’ve been wearing each night and not wanting to change for work, then changing right after work into a pull-up for errands and then back into a diaper as soon as I’m home. Changing again before bed into a clean diaper. I’m just a work day away from 24 hours and I’m just more comfortable with it and not judging it.

I feel no less fear about being found out but I feel more comfort and drive to wear diapers (or goodnites for discretion) at pretty much all times. I’m just trying to go with the flow. Wearing diapers more at home has made me feel so much more comfortable about how discreet pull-ups are. If I’m not in the mood to wear later today, I won’t. If I am, I will. More than likely I’ll be padded to various degrees all weekend. And I’m just coming to be okay with that for what it is and taking every day as just one day. Every minute as just a minute. Not an indicator of my whole life or a worst-case scenario spiral.

That said, I have not found ANY clothes that make wearing a diaper, even a cloth backed preschool diaper, discreet. I just don’t wear skirts or dresses and even if I can pull off the diaper dry under baggy pants with a long shirt, when wet it’s obviously not just a butt under there 😂. So I guess my main thing is yay for taking things less extreme, but also I just don’t see how anyone wears diapers discreetly. Of how any non-dress/skirt wearing women do at least. There just isn’t much hiding the front bulge or the back bulge when wet. Even with something to hold it up.

And yes, before I get 30 “strangers really aren’t going to notice anything or realize it’s a diaper” comments, sure, many strangers might not realize, but it’s a damned small world we live in and also, my roomate definitely would. They’re a nurse for the elderly, and was a bed wetter so likely more attuned to it.
You're absolutely right, not all clothing is suitable for diapers. I think the main reason people are worried about being noticed is because you know you're wearing, where as no one else does. When you look, you're looking for those noticeable signs, and therefore you see them.
I don't think many people are looking for adults wearing diapers (though, I can't say for sure what people are thinking).

Think back to the last time you were standing in line at a store... what was the person in front of you wearing? What colour was their top?

The reason I'm not worried about being notice (I am always discrete), is not because I don't think people will put two and two together, but because I don't think they care enough to even try. People are usually out and about because they have something to do, and 99% of the time, that's all they care about.

Reactions: PaddedPolecat and chamberpot
For me, it's more now that I simply don't care if people notice. I look back now and laugh at how scared I was to even leave the house with a thin diaper knowing that no one will notice, and even if they do, why should I care? There are actual incontinent people out there who don't have the choice, and you don't hear about them getting publicly shamed for wearing diapers out and about.

While no one will notice, especially if you're a dude, it's more about self-acceptance than anything else- getting over being scared if people find out.

Reactions: PaddedPolecat, chamberpot, activefit and 3 others
ronnieM said:
There are actual incontinent people out there who don't have the choice, and you don't hear about them getting publicly shamed for wearing diapers out and about.

This..

I've given up on feeling shame. And honestly, most people are mature enough to not say anything, even if they KNOW you're wearing a diaper.. in fact if anyone asks, I straight up tell them I am. Not a single person has ever shamed me over it. It's more an internal struggle in your mind of 'what will people think' and the shame you create for yourself rather than outside influence.

Reactions: PaddedPolecat, winterheart01, JOCKMAN and 1 other person
It's just easier to wear a diaper or pull-ups better than pissy pants. II try to keep it discreet. but if people do notice they normally do not say anything.

Reactions: chamberpot and chuck
I agree with you! And if you switch back and forth from diapers to not diapers it’s very easy to see (even a wet goodnites causes some saggy pants that my mom noticed ...). In public I don’t have a problem because people don’t notice but friends, family etc yes! The ones that see you somewhat regularly - my bum anf front are different shaped even with goodnites and jeans. Especially when wet .... dry it’s barely noticeable. But wet ..... nope nothing going to cover that without looking silly. And my jeans are a size or two larger because they don’t make them small enough that fit well (in the styles I like)

Reactions: PaddedPolecat and KrankyPants
I used to ask my wife to look at my butt and if my diaper showed and she always said it didn't, so I feel fairly safe to wear jeans over my diaper and go out to the store. Being diapered helps me with dealing with the stress of shopping, something I now experience since my wife died.

• Sad
Reactions: KrankyPants, chamberpot and JOCKMAN
Someone with experience, such as a nurse, bedwetter, fellow abdl etc. is probably way more likely to notice. We are familiar with the signs that signal it after all xD. Also environment makes a huge difference. WIth roommates/friends, you're a lot more likely to be in more personal intimate settings, such as in a house, vs a public setting, such as a mall/street etc. This can make a huge difference. Less background noise to cover up crinkling and less distractions to make otherwise very subtle signs of wearing more noticable. I swear though, crinkling is like 10db louder when I'm wearing around the house lol.

Personally, I kinda have the opposite experience or I'm just not very observant or want to be ignorant to the fact that it's noticeable which is totally possible haha. I find most of my normal clothing hides the visual queues of a diaper relatively well and easily, and that's not even trying to pick out clothing to hide it. As long as I make sure the pants I'm wearing don't sag too low and drop resulting in waistband peakage, I find most of my pants from basketball shorts to track pants to jeans all do a fine job of covering it up enough where it's unnoticeable or nearly unnoticeable unless you're really trying to see it even while wet. All my clothing is relatively baggy or a relatively relaxed fit (no skinny jeans) and I imagine someone's body shape/proportions could also make a difference as well.

Also wanna add that I'm male and wear male clothing. I think a lot of female clothing is designed to show off and accentuate curves and such so that would also make it harder to notice. Sometimes with lighter material, like basketball shorts, a front bulge can be noticeable. But with the heavier material like denim and often even with lighter material too, a front bulge is only really noticeable while sitting and/or if something causes the material to be pulled taught over the diaper. Otherwise when I give myself a quick "cognito level" check before foraging out into the wild while diapered, it's rare that I think it looks noticeable.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedPolecat, chamberpot and WillFord384
Its been over 6 years for me and as far as I know only 2 people have noticed and that was due to me taking a backpack into the bathroom with me every time and they asked why fortunately I was passed the point of caring if people found out and I let them know it was a medical issue and I needed to wear 24/7 and its never come up again.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Cook said:
The reason I'm not worried about being notice (I am always discrete), is not because I don't think people will put two and two together, but because I don't think they care enough to even try. People are usually out and about because they have something to do, and 99% of the time, that's all they care about.
This right here, no one cares they are self absorbed in their task at hand not in what strangers are wearing for underwear, even people your around all the time, I do think it should be either or ... either your diapered or your not switching back and forth around the same people would be the biggest giveaway

Oh ya welcome back Cook

Reactions: PaddedPolecat and Cook
chamberpot said:
This right here, no one cares they are self absorbed in their task at hand not in what strangers are wearing for underwear, even people your around all the time, I do think it should be either or ... either your diapered or your not switching back and forth around the same people would be the biggest giveaway

Oh ya welcome back Cook
Thank you for the welcome, it's good to be back.

Cook said:
You're absolutely right, not all clothing is suitable for diapers. I think the main reason people are worried about being noticed is because you know you're wearing, where as no one else does. When you look, you're looking for those noticeable signs, and therefore you see them.
I don't think many people are looking for adults wearing diapers (though, I can't say for sure what people are thinking).

Think back to the last time you were standing in line at a store... what was the person in front of you wearing? What colour was their top?

I agree. People don't see because they don't care. How many strangers could you describe to the police if out of twenty one was wanted and had passed your way? Yet if they showed you a picture you'd think 'Oh yes. You can see he's a criminal - or maybe not...(I thought of an example. But we don't take notice of people in a crowd we just want to get beyond it. Certainly nobody has ever, to my knowledge, known I am wearing a nappy - and they would say something if they suspected ...

One thing I'd like to point out is that for people you are in contact with daily, its not specifically the diaper they pick up on, but the change of appearance that comes with off and on wearing. With that said, I tend to find a bit longer shirts that do well to cover more of my butt and leave them untucked. While it won't totally hide a wet diaper, combine that with a little looser seated bottom, and it goes a long way. Try going a size up in pants or relaxed fit, wear a diaper, and see how it looks in the fitting room.

Reactions: chamberpot
Azie said:
One thing I'd like to point out is that for people you are in contact with daily, its not specifically the diaper they pick up on, but the change of appearance that comes with off and on wearing. With that said, I tend to find a bit longer shirts that do well to cover more of my butt and leave them untucked. While it won't totally hide a wet diaper, combine that with a little looser seated bottom, and it goes a long way. Try going a size up in pants or relaxed fit, wear a diaper, and see how it looks in the fitting room.

"It's not specifically the diaper they pick up on, but the change of appearance that comes with off and on wearing."

Ahh that well may be true - with people who see you every day. But I wear all the time so I don't have that problem. Though I don't think people you're not with regularly would guess and I don't change my clothes sizes to accommodate my nappy - but yes it makes my arse bigger.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I've never thought one time about whether or not anyone would notice. I wear pull ups so they're likely not as noticeable as diapers; but, those times I've peed in them enough for them to bulge I still haven't given any thought to what someone else might notice.

Allthatandthechips said:

OK

Well it's okay if you personally find that you can't wear nappies discreetly. I have no problem whether I'm wearing a skirt of trousers - or best of all dungarees - babyish in themselves..
I wear a nappy every day from 7am - 5.30pm when I change it, at home, for a dry one. I don't wear special clothes but obviously neither do I wear tight jeans or trousers. We women have a lot more scope for which clothes to wear than men. A full skirt full-cut trousers or jeans. . . . . I've been wearing my nappies to work for just over 8 months and nobody has said a thing. With the clothes I choose they really aren't noticeable. (And I don't know about 'bulging in front' maybe you're wearing the wrong nappies.

Last edited:
At this point in my life I just don't care if anyone thinks I'm wearing diapers and rubber pants, but the truth is, I've worn diapers off and on for all my life and no one has ever said anything to me, unless for some reason I wanted them to know and that typically involved dating girls.

Reactions: diapernh
Lyric said:
At this point in my life I just don't care if anyone thinks I'm wearing diapers and rubber pants, but the truth is, I've worn diapers off and on for all my life and no one has ever said anything to me, unless for some reason I wanted them to know and that typically involved dating girls.
My experience too -

Back