I can't stand faulty CGM sensors

Maromi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
I've literally put like 3 on today because my blood sugar is all over the place or the sensor is screwed up... Its outrageous, and they hurt like hell pulling off and the last one I put on my love handle was absolutely nuts pulling off. And I need to buy like rubbing alcohol to clean this shit.. and every time I dam go to the store I forget some shit. But I'll spend $70 at CVS and then go and blow $12 at walgreens because I forgot something like q-tips.

JFC

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
JoeRelax said:
They are really painful when it comes to removing them. I wish they would make some other less painful way of attaching them to the skin.
Yeah and like I need to get baby oil and rubbing alcohol but I just like impulse buy at the store. I "only" need this one thing from the dam dollar store being so close and habit.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Look into tac-away on Amazon! It’s a lifesaver!

Murple said:
I've literally put like 3 on today because my blood sugar is all over the place or the sensor is screwed up... Its outrageous, and they hurt like hell pulling off and the last one I put on my love handle was absolutely nuts pulling off. And I need to buy like rubbing alcohol to clean this shit.. and every time I dam go to the store I forget some shit. But I'll spend $70 at CVS and then go and blow $12 at walgreens because I forgot something like q-tips.

JFC
I've often wondered about this. I still use the old fashioned test strip in the morning (mostly unless I suspect an upset later in the day). I'm the type of guy that would be knocking off anything stuck on to me. I can barely manage a shower without banging into some shelf or other clutter.

slimjiminy said:
I've often wondered about this. I still use the old fashioned test strip in the morning (mostly unless I suspect an upset later in the day). I'm the type of guy that would be knocking off anything stuck on to me. I can barely manage a shower without banging into some shelf or other clutter.
I wear my dexcom 24/7, I’m the same way- I thought I would rip it off more often than I actually do. I’ve ripped off maybe 3 in a year. Patches and skin tac are great, but it truly doesn’t need them unless I’m swimming every day in the summer. Having a CGM also helps immensely with blood sugar control, in my opinion.

Back