I became incontinent after hip surgery

NadyaMayim

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
So, my story isn't that all that amazing, but I became incontinent after a major hip surgery a few years ago for hip dysplasia that went undiagnosed as a baby and a child. I was already dealing with OAB before that I always had a mild case of my whole life (I was also slow to potty train). HRT and spironolactone didn't help either, and caused full-blown OAB although it was an infinitely miniscule price to pay for being myself for once. The reconstructive hip surgery pushed everything over the edge and I developed urge and stress incontinence and became dependent on diapers in the rehab facility where I stayed for a month. I'm also dealing with an issue with neuropathy and coordination/propioception and my lower lower legs getting weaker and my ankles becoming hypermobile . On top of all that my bladder seems to become easily inflamed (cranberry juice is from the depths of hell as far as my bladder lining is concernerned) In that time I've gotten two more minor hip surgeries and the incontinence seemed to worsen. I'm in a situation where my body seems to hate bladder, and the medications and surgeries I need seem to hate my bladder. Of all the issues I deal with, it's medically minor, but there's still a lot of stigma with giving up and wearing diapers to deal with bladder issues.

Reactions: diaperdude
Back