Hybrid diaper question (plastic backed hook n loop tabs)

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Recently I tried some of the hybrid diapers with plastic back and hook n loop tabs and honestly found them to be great and very functional but the issue I had is I have always rolled up a dirty diaper taped it on itself threw away and honestly can't figure out how to achieve this with these diapers and I have disposal bags I use for smelly diapers but find it a waste when not needed. I was wondering what other do with these types like I mentioned diaper worked great but disposal they don't stay wrapped up or not as easy to dispose of and even when out depending where I am if it doesn't smell I won't use a bag but if I do decide to get more of these it means I need a bag for every one which is just an inconveniene. Thanks for any help or ideas it would be great if they had a small strip on the back for disposal but I think ben tried rolling other way and didn't really work.

Ya tykables tries with a little sticky strip but it isn't not enough to wrap up a maxed or diaper

I get the little trash compactor bags and stuff them in those and tie it tight best I've found. Or you could try carrying a little tape and wrap it up that way

Reactions: ParaRomeo
I ball my DinoRawrz up by rolling the diaper up as usual, front to back, then tying the loose wings together in a tight knot. Keeps everything compact, nice and tidy.

Reactions: ParaRomeo, iowaincon and PaddedBass
I had the Beyond XP5000 and they too have a small sticky strip on the tabs to ball them up.
Which ones did you use?

The small sticky strip never held for me. I keep a small dispenser of noiseless packing tape for situations like that. It doesn't take up much space and is silent when peeling off a 3" piece to bind the diaper together.

Plastic shopping bags.
Roll up the diaper as usual. Place it in the plastic bag then roll up the bag with the diaper in it. Place that in another bag, remove the air, give it a spin and tie it.

Last edited:
Roll the diaper from front to back, tie the wings with the tabs together.

yep i just tie the wings together on hook and loops

I put my in a plastic sack like you get at the grocery store.
Do my best to fold them up place in the sack, tie sack handles together then just place in the trash can....

Like others have figured out, rolling up the diaper front to back then using the back wings too tie a knot is the only method this puppy knows that actually works... The tiny amount of sticky on Velcro tabs has never worked for this pup.

Really not a fan of Velcro tapes or fabric on outside of diaper, but couldn't resist the print on the Tykables Puppers diapers... Have tried a few other Velcro diapers, but the tabs on all of them seem to shift on their own more easily and stick to outer clothing, and again if they had a bit of sticky on the Velcro tabs, it simply wasn't enough to hold the used diaper shut.

I still wrap my used diaper as usual...but now the back 'wings' are used to tie it ip in a bow. I'm quite particular about it because even my used diapers look cute going out the door. 🎀🤭🥰🥳

Much appreciated the tie it up method works just need to perfect it. Its probably like rolling one up usually the first time it's not perfect but after 10+yrs gotten pretty good. I am personally looking into but have used diapers disposal units and almost all for max use recommend rolling up diapers

So one asked which diaper it was and I actually got a few different ones though I do like some prints and solid colors not being into the abdl side of things I feel weird, off, and embarrassed to wear some of the prints and some are a hard nope but like one I was trying was the Tykables Overnights though compared to say their waddler it's not super babyish but unsure if I would wear it out. It's like few years ago I got a an amazing deal on someone's stash it was like 5 cases and there was one that worked great but was another I wouldn't wear outside my house vs the other was abu space and even though little childish it was a print that found mid ground and did have an unfortunate accident where someone saw me in it fortunately was my doc and her response was actually kind of funny it was something like oh those are neat I didnt they had them for adults, which I panicked a little not knowing what she was talking about (being paralyzed if doc need to say check skin or anything below my waist usually easier for the nurse or the doc to do what they need to it's little embarrassing but also kind of used it so usually just lay there staring at the ceiling till their done) but have heard good things about hybrid diapers and some capacities which will say some work extremely well but some just not practical like a rearz overnight which works great I tried a 7-8000ml.which like 3.5 gall and honestly overkill for me. It's like last night I went out maxed out a Rearz + Overnight with 2 boosters but in different positions and that was like 6hrs practical thinking for me even special use there might be a rare time I need ultra capacity but honestly the Rearz Inspire Overnights work well though I do wish someone had adult patterns like am:pm chevrons though sort of sick of institution white but not looking for baby or another extreme.

Reactions: CheshireCat and BobbiSueEllen
Back