How was your bedwetting handled

How was your childhood bedwetting handled

• Total voters
Brumas94 said:
I think bedwetting was quite a common occurrence at boarding school. At mine, in the 1970s, we had to change our beds once a week on Wednesdays - top sheet to bottom, bottom sheet to the laundry, fresh sheet to the top. No duvets in those days. The mattresses were thin and stuffed with horsehair with a linen cover. You had to strip the bed in the morning and remake it at night when you came back to the boarding house, so the mattress was on show for all to see. There were huge dried pee stains on every mattress in the dorm from the age of 11 to 14 (after that we shared smaller rooms with one or two others in bunk beds although the bed-changing protocols remained the same).
At my school there were no procedures for dealing with wet beds. No bed had a plastic sheet. It simply was never mentioned by anyone, ever. If beds were checked by the resident matron it was without our knowledge. I know this because my bed would have been found to be wet on a number of occasions but was never changed by anyone other than me and I was never spoken to about it. The only way of dealing with a wet bed was to dry the pee through the warmth of your body.
That’s horrible, I remember many nights like that before my mom put me back in diapers. Waking up in a wet bed at 3 AM and trying not to move because you’ll suddenly be cold and clammy. Trying to go back to sleep in the middle of a huge wet spot. Then in the morning, having to strip my bed and do my laundry before school. It was absolutely terrible.

She put me back in diapers at 11, it was a shock, but also a huge relief. They saved me many of those nights.

Reactions: ballyhooser, Diprs2, Brumas94 and 1 other person
bedwetterdavid said:
That’s horrible, I remember many nights like that before my mom put me back in diapers. Waking up in a wet bed at 3 AM and trying not to move because you’ll suddenly be cold and clammy. Trying to go back to sleep in the middle of a huge wet spot. Then in the morning, having to strip my bed and do my laundry before school. It was absolutely terrible.

She put me back in diapers at 11, it was a shock, but also a huge relief. They saved me many of those nights.
I had to wit until I was 15 to get nappies again.

Reactions: Diprs2
bedwetterdavid said:

That was my life from being about 8 or 9 until I was 15. Fortunately most nights I just slept through my nightly bedwetting.

When I was younger it was just pull-ups and a bed cover. When it came back as a teenager it was just ignored, I had to save up to get my own cloth diapers that sadly fell apart since I didn't know how to take good care of them.

for me I just dealt with getting up all night, annoying my father... and threats of being put in diapers for peeing in my room, (honestly I'd probably be self accepting/less purges as a teen less if that was the handling)

My Dad was ex military and very strict. He saw my bedwetting as a lazy disgusting habit not a medical problem.

• Sad
Reactions: bedwetterdavid and Diprs2
I used to wet the bed very often up until the age of about 8 and it completely stopped when I was between 9-10 years old. I used to wet the bed about 3-4 times per week especially in the weekends and it was a lot, sometimes it even reached my pillow. My parents luckily didn't really make a big fuss about it and just cleaned the bed for me. We didn't really try to control the bedwetting. I tried using a plastic tarp a few times but it didn't really work and was very uncomfortable. My parents never thought of diapers or bed mats and just waited for it to go away on its own.

Pampers

Reactions: AJFan2020
Back