How to wear a diaper?

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
So the thought has occurred to me. Not that there is a right way or a wrong way to wear a diaper. I have realized however that the best fit for me is to wear them high in the back and near my belly button In the front?
Is the diaper to big if it sits as described? I would not think so but I don't know.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
I'm pretty sure if you wear a diaper inside out, that's the wrong way to wear a diaper...

• Haha
Reactions: antte91, Seasonedcitizen, littledub1955 and 5 others
With confidence 😁
Not sure whether or not there is a "right"way or not other than blaincorrus states but wear it the way it works for you.
Everyone is a different shape and has different ways of applying that Nappy so do it your own way, whatever works for you.

Reactions: littledub1955 and legojoker88
Just like when you watch tutorials about putting a diaper on. That's just a suggestion. Each person has their own procedure for how they put them on and how they adjust them and the fit that they like. It's also the brand that fits you best. I find Bambino fits my body type really well and I get to fit that I'm looking for. So experiment around and enjoy when you find that preferred fit.

Reactions: littledub1955 and LainIsLain
Napincolove said:
With confidence 😁
"How to wear" is an interesting topic and there are many threads on this.

The high waste fit is not necessarily a bad thing and will depend on your body shape and type/size of the diaper. My go to diaper right now is Rearz Lil' Squirts because I know how it should feel when it's right! Some like to "tuck" the diaper edges in order to get a clean look. If you're in the middle of the size range on a diaper, you're probably good to go unless your exceptionally short.

2 years in, It took many months to figure out how to wear them "comfortably". If you truly love your diapers, you'll slowly find the right fit and feel. Different diapers can contribute to this, but for me the most important thing is the right amount of "squeeze" on my body.

Fluff! I must fluff my diaper!! Taco method with up/down motion to fluff and loosen the diaper core. The tapes need to be very snug and pulled in the right direction! There are endless debates on what is "right" but it's all a matter of individual fit and feel (no wrong way). For me the tops point slightly downward and land as high as they can! The bottoms are pulled tight horizontally and make a nice snug squeeze around the legs and bum and land almost touching the top tapes. I know it's right when I stand and walk around and feels secure. If the clean diaper doesn't feel secure then I readjust. There are so many variables!

When you start wearing a lot, you'll start to trust the print on the diaper or stretchy areas as a guide for the tapes. This has helped me a lot as I adjust my tapes in relation to the stretchy area up front on my diapers. 🤗

Reactions: PooMinara and Deleted member 57387
lilshelly said:
So the thought has occurred to me. Not that there is a right way or a wrong way to wear a diaper. I have realized however that the best fit for me is to wear them high in the back and near my belly button In the front?
Is the diaper to big if it sits as described? I would not think so but I don't know.
I dont know if this is the right way. A trick I learned when doing the top tapes is to sit on the edge of a chair or bed or something and scoot your butt forward. This will the slack to the back of the diaper and make the tapes easier.

Reactions: Gothmistress13, Deleted member 57387 and LainIsLain
I love the feeling of pulling the tapes very snugly on my fresh diaper. If at home, as my diaper fills and starts to sag as it gets heavy, and stretches, I like to pull it back up and refasten the tapes again tightly against my body. I’m not sure if this allows for an additional wetting, or two, or, helps prevents leaks, but I love to experience that snug diaper feeling again for a while.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
blaincorrous said:
I'm pretty sure if you wear a diaper inside out, that's the wrong way to wear a diaper...
Unless you're wearing a cloth diaper that has to be pinned on.

• Thinking
Reactions: blaincorrous
I wear mine with just a bit more towards the front

Reactions: Gothmistress13 and littledub1955
To minimize leaks during the night I position an inch or two high in front with coversheet folded back under. It makes a difference!

littledub1955 said:
Unless you're wearing a cloth diaper that has to be pinned on.
Just waiting for some one to claim they reduce laundry by wearing their cloth diapers inside out and front to back…

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL and LainIsLain
Back