How to use your diaper lying down as a female?

binkyyybunnyyy

Daddy's Dumb Diaper Bunny 🐰💘🦊
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
How do you get comfortable using your diapers lying down on your back? I’m getting better at doing it lying down on my stomach, but then all the liquid accumulates in the front of my diaper. In an attempt to even it out, I think lying down on my back would help. How do you guys do it? Is it just a mental block I need to get past?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Zeke
Sometimes I'll sit up when I go and that typically helps it accumulate in the middle and more towards the back of the diaper as the diaper wicks. I've also tried laying on my side but felt like I'd leak any moment. Laying on your back shouldn't make you leak and it seems effective at reaching more areas of the diaper than just laying on your belly would. I'd give it a try!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Albertapampers, Zeke and 1 other person
For me, just practice. It took a while for me to be comfortable with it but now on laying my back is easy. It does even it out too.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Zeke, binkyyybunnyyy and 1 other person
binkyyybunnyyy said:
How do you get comfortable using your diapers lying down on your back? I’m getting better at doing it lying down on my stomach, but then all the liquid accumulates in the front of my diaper. In an attempt to even it out, I think lying down on my back would help. How do you guys do it? Is it just a mental block I need to get past?
I think to some extent you just need to do it more to get comfortable. It also helps if you’ve used a particular diaper enough to trust it. I know I’m somewhat anxious about leaking when I’m trying a new diaper.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, binkyyybunnyyy and Zeke
binkyyybunnyyy said:
Peeing while laying on your back can present a little anxiety for men as well. Being dual ic I don’t point my little friend down as it can lead to UTIs but tend to point it forward into my diaper. But urine that isn’t immediately absorbed and lands on my pelvis looks for an exit from under the diaper or down the sides so if you don’t have a diaper, plastic pants, and/or a diaper system that you can trust in it can get it bit concerning even for those of us equipped with external plumbing.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I have to be standing to really be able to wet... For whatever reason, I just cannot let loose while sitting...

Zeke said:
Peeing while laying on your back can present a little anxiety for men as well. Being dual ic I don’t point my little friend down as it can lead to UTIs but tend to point it forward into my diaper. But urine that isn’t immediately absorbed and lands on my pelvis looks for an exit from under the diaper or down the sides so if you don’t have a diaper, plastic pants, and/or a diaper system that you can trust in it can get it bit concerning even for those of us equipped with external plumbing.
I've been wearing for years (male) and still don't trust my diapers enough to wet laying down in any position. I've done it successfully exactly once very recently but I leak a lot too. I think I leak because I flood too much/hard for the diaper to keep up with it though.

Edit: just realized I barged into a thread for female wetting! Sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Zeke
AFAB nonbinary here - wetting on my back has taken the longest to get comfortable executing. It feels strange, like oh gosh, am I leaking even when the backside of the diaper is dry? But you get used to that feeling when you go. It's not my favorite; but I run into the same problem - I soak the middle of my diaper sitting around far before anywhere else, and so I try to lean on all fours/lay on my back to distribute intentional wettings more evenly.

It literally just took years of wearing and wetting diapers to get comfortable with it. I wish I had a better answer... I struggled with it, too. 😣

I have stress incontinence so wherever I'm laughing or sneezing is how I'm angled when I gush urine, often sitting or standing, and there's nothing I can do to change the angle for that, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and binkyyybunnyyy
I bring my knees up with my feet on the bed. It's like the sitting position but on your back.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and PricklyPear
artemisenterri said:
I have to be standing to really be able to wet... For whatever reason, I just cannot let loose while sitting...
Same here. Only while standing as well.

dadboddl said:
I bring my knees up with my feet on the bed. It's like the sitting position but on your back.
This is an interesting idea! Never thought about this before! I might have to try it lol

It all takes practice, also have a soaker pad underneath just in case. Heck I have a soaker pad and an encasement sheet on my bed just incase. I don't wet at night very often (maybe once a month), but when I do I like to keep my mattress dry. Trust your diaper or maybe invest in better diapers, I currently wear try agains and I have yet to leak out of them

It’s normal for it to be challenging the first couple times.
Lay a towel down just in case. Lay down on your back bend your knees up or too the side. Deep breaths
Don’t get up right away let the liquid settle.
I still can’t release sitting upright. lol

I'm still struggling with it but I also bring my feet to my butt or keep my legs kinda criss cross, and having a pad underneath helps me to not worry too much about leaking. I only had badly fitting supermarket pull-ups, and just received my first proper diapers with supposedly good absorbency so I'll be less worried, I'm looking forward to trying them out once family is leaving at the end of the week

Been wearing and wetting for decades now. I can wet in literally any position, unless it compresses my plumbing, which, as a female, is not a problem you're going to have. Laying on your back is by far the laying position in which you are least likely to leak. It feels unnerving at first, because you will feel it run down you inside of your diaper, but if it fits well, and isn't already overfilled, it will all be caught. Protection for the surface to help you feel at ease while you get used to it is a good idea. Once you get used to it, you'll never get up at night to pee again. Good luck!

Reactions: mskarimi1998, babyscotty37 and yellowcrayons
Like others with IC, you just find diapers you learn to trust.
Although I had to wear for several years, it wasn’t until I spent a few days in the hospital after my shoulder replacement that I learned the simple trick of pointing my wee wee down when a nurse was helping me change my diaper.
It was so logical, but just not something I thought of on my own. After this I had much fewer leaks in all situations.

I had the same anxiety in the beginning. What I did to get over it was to take some deep breaths and somewhat forceful exhales - basically, relaxation exercises. Usually, by the third breath, my flow would start.

Reactions: PricklyPear and PadPhilosopher
Back