How to stop leaking everywhere?

bugme

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Recently I have been leaking around the sides of my diapers, no matter what diapers (mostly ABU Little Kings, ABU Simple, TryAgains), what stuffers, or what plastic pants I try to wear over them. I have tried keeping track of exactly what I am doing (using DiapStash - great program) and I can't figure it out.
Often, no matter which way I make sure to "point", I end up leaking over the top of the waistband in front, but almost as often, I leak around my legs (usually on the right side more than the left). This happens when I wear during the day and sit at my desk all day or move around a lot, and it happens at night no matter what position I sleep in. sometimes when I am lying down, I can feel the urine dripping around the very top of the diaper and down the sides. I have started always wearing plastic pants even though they don't feel authentic to me because I didn't grow up with them, but it doesn't seem to help - I can still wake up with my pajamas soaked from my mid-chest to my mid-calf (or more). I bought even bigger plastic pants to go over my stomach, but they slowly ride down by themselves as I move around (and I can't wear them during the day because the elastic pulling my stomach in is visible through several layers of clothing).

I was slowly and steadily losing a significant amount of weight over a few months and I thought it might be related to that, but in the last few weeks I (unfortunately) gained a lot of it back and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What else can I do?

• Thinking
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and PadPhilosopher
The only thing that comes to mind is pee slower, honestly. Don't push it out like a fire hose, but relax and let it slowly leak out. I can't come up with any other reason why so many different products would fail so consistently.

Also, put something under the plastic pants, like a pair of cotton briefs, to absorb the escaped soup. Otherwise, it will leak out, as you're experiencing.

Reactions: DinoFrant, deepdriftAD and Seasonedcitizen
PadPhilosopher said:
The only thing that comes to mind is pee slower, honestly. Don't push it out like a fire hose, but relax and let it slowly leak out. I can't come up with any other reason why so many different products would fail so consistently.

Also, put something under the plastic pants, like a pair of cotton briefs, to absorb the escaped soup. Otherwise, it will leak out, as you're experiencing.
I am pretty well diaper trained - I put on a diaper and the flow just starts (sometimes the BM too), so I don't usually push it out like a firehose.

I will try that, but maybe with a cheap stuffer inside the plastic pants - they are almost always available at our local thrift store and the cleanup might be easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
bugme said:
I am pretty well diaper trained - I put on a diaper and the flow just starts (sometimes the BM too), so I don't usually push it out like a firehose.

I will try that, but maybe with a cheap stuffer inside the plastic pants - they are almost always available at our local thrift store and the cleanup might be easier.
Worth a try! I wish I had another idea that seemed more promising.

The fit, rise, snugness, pointing, etc. all play into what you describe. I’ve had similar issues as well.

Snug bottom tapes to seal the legs is important as is the size you wear. I’ve found that the bottom tape placement on the diaper matters most. Meaning, some diapers have the bottom tapes located higher on the side of the “shell”. For my body type, a lower placement works better. It often varies within the same manufacturer.

As for pointing, there’s not a lot you can do about it really. If you start out “up” it will likely eventually end up “down”. Just be aware if you wet in either position. I’ve had problems waking up with soaked PJs when it leaked around the sides as well. Comes with the territory, just be prepared. I sleep on a changing mat for this reason.

Leaking out the legs is usually too loose of a fit. But sometimes if you’re on your back, it can puddle under there and have nowhere to go.

Good luck in your trials and tribulations of finding the right diaper and fit. It takes time.

What diapers are you wearing ir premium diaper like Betterdry or retal brans diapers lie CVS’s diapers also are your diapers to big that will cause issues on fit. I normally wear a large betterdry and I leak rarely but I am now trying a medium incontrol BeDry night and its a more snug fit and may be my new diaper of choice once i Try a medium Betterdry before I place my next bulk order in the fall.

Finding a diaper that fits correctly and comfortably and is absorbent is key to help reduce leaks :)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Constantlydamp
How often do you change? After every use?

• Wow
Canadianfalls said:
How often do you change? After every use?
No, usually overnight. If I wear during the whole day, I will change once in the middle, otherwise, my average time between changes is 6-7 hours. I am pretty well diaper-trained - I put on a diaper and don't necessarily notice I am using it, it just gets fuller.

Back