How to prevent chafing when wearing diapers in the heat?

binkyyybunnyyy

Daddy's Dumb Diaper Bunny 🐰💘🦊
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
The weather is finally getting warmer and for me, that means I can wear my dresses and skirts without leggings underneath. Yay! The only issue is, as a big girl, my thighs rub together a lot and rub against my diaper (I wear both cloth and plastic-backed depending on my mood) and it gets painful to walk for a few days after. I've tried using baby powder on my thighs at home and that seems to help, but I have to reapply often and I thought about trying an anti-chafe stick or even Vaseline but I'm worried it might damage the diaper after making contact with it. What do you guys recommend I do? I really don't want to have to wear leggings under my dresses and skirts forever, it's getting too warm for that for me to do comfortably anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfman69, LittleEila and Demonbabywearspamps
Lotion. I have the same issue and using lotion on my inner thighs and diaper area helps a lot. A thick layer should work pretty well.

Reactions: PlastiBrain
Demonbabywearspamps said:
Lotion. I have the same issue and using lotion on my inner thighs and diaper area helps a lot. A thick layer should work pretty well.
Unfortunately not for me as I use lotion everyday and apply generously but eventually it all absorbs lol

binkyyybunnyyy said:
Unfortunately not for me as I use lotion everyday and apply generously but eventually it all absorbs lol
What lotion do you use now? I can recommend one that works way better.

What lotion do you use now? I can recommend one that works way better.
I use lots of different ones but I've really been liking Jergens Ultra Healing lotion

Reactions: LittleEila
binkyyybunnyyy said:
I use lots of different ones but I've really been liking Jergens Ultra Healing lotion
I usually use gold bond dry skin relief and in a thick layer it's really good for my skin. Usually I use more than I think I'll need and reapply halfway through the day.

Reactions: LittleEila and binkyyybunnyyy
I usually use gold bond dry skin relief and in a thick layer it's really good for my skin. Usually I use more than I think I'll need and reapply halfway through the day.
I'll have to look for that one next time I buy lotion! Thanks for the recommendation! :D

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps
i'm in the same boat and it sucks so bad :cry:
i don't have a set thing that works but something that helps me is wearing something skin tight, even if it means i'll be a lil' hotter
usually it's leggings or biker shorts, and if my diaper shows i'll pair it with a longer shirt, a different pair of pants on top, or even just wear a dress
but lotion also really helps, just keeping certain brands in mind
and making sure you stay cool of course, but if that were easy then we wouldn't be worrying about the chafing v.v

Last edited:
Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy
I don’t really experience with your exact issue, but I have had a couple of other chasing experiences. I thought of a couple of suggestions.

There is a powder specifically for preventing chaffing called AMB. (Anti-Monkey Butt) no I’m not kidding. I’ve used it backpacking before. There are also a lot of anti chaffing products that cyclists use. Finally, a silicon based personal lubricant may work as well. Good luck, chaffing sucks.

binkyyybunnyyy said:
The weather is finally getting warmer and for me, that means I can wear my dresses and skirts without leggings underneath. Yay! The only issue is, as a big girl, my thighs rub together a lot and rub against my diaper (I wear both cloth and plastic-backed depending on my mood) and it gets painful to walk for a few days after. I've tried using baby powder on my thighs at home and that seems to help, but I have to reapply often and I thought about trying an anti-chafe stick or even Vaseline but I'm worried it might damage the diaper after making contact with it. What do you guys recommend I do? I really don't want to have to wear leggings under my dresses and skirts forever, it's getting too warm for that for me to do comfortably anymore.
I use lotion. (Gold bond Hand lotion. My go to)

My go to anti skin problem solution is Sudocrem as that stays around for a long time once applied, I apply it all around My thighs between the legs and it works very well for me, do be aware that it can only be safely used with PUL pants if you wear extra protection over your Nappy.

Reactions: Wolfman69 and binkyyybunnyyy
Have you tried wearing fixing shorts or spandex shorts go two sizes bigger this will allow for you diaper to grow without leaking hopefully this helps

Napincolove said:
My go to anti skin problem solution is Sudocrem as that stays around for a long time once applied, I apply it all around My thighs between the legs and it works very well for me, do be aware that it can only be safely used with PUL pants if you wear extra protection over your Nappy.
I wear disposable diapers and sudocrem never had an issue with rash or chafing

wiliawi said:
I don’t really experience with your exact issue, but I have had a couple of other chasing experiences. I thought of a couple of suggestions.

There is a powder specifically for preventing chaffing called AMB. (Anti-Monkey Butt) no I’m not kidding. I’ve used it backpacking before. There are also a lot of anti chaffing products that cyclists use. Finally, a silicon based personal lubricant may work as well. Good luck, chaffing sucks.
Amb awesome acronym 🤣🤣

Back