How to not smell when you have a partner coming by?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Yeah I know, I'm a little paranoid about how she might smell a BM accident. She already knows but we don't sleep overnight. And a couple of times we would be taking a nap together. One time I actually had a BM accident while sleeping with her. I do take chlorophyll copper and plastic pants but I know the odor can still be noticed. At least a tiny bit. Like I said, she knows that I'm IC. One day we might sleep together over night. Or like what happened when we were napping. The only thing I could use was making sure I have some incense. But I don't want to smoke her out. Any ideas? One time we were napping and like I always do, I slept pretty deep. And while sleeping I messed my diaper. I awoke and saw she was awaken first. She felt my bottom (which extremely embarrassed me) and was smelling something. I just said I needed a change. I just wish there was something without making it so noticing.

Reactions: IncontinentScholar, Diprs2, uknappygirl and 1 other person
You may just asked her for help, make sure you have exam gloves her and maybe perineal spray.
You never know until you ask.

Second I deal with BM in my diaper and feel embarrassed with my wife and we have been married for 14 years and she has help with BMs since it all started 13.75 Years ago.

I think it is your only option because until BMs are dealt with they smell and the only way to contain it is outdoor trash can.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
I used to like the Lysol air freshener until they ruined it by changing their formula. I haven't found one I like yet these days. Maybe someone here knows of a better one. Today's fresheners all smell perfumy.

Reactions: Diprs2
greatlake5 said:
Yeah I know, I'm a little paranoid about how she might smell a BM accident. She already knows but we don't sleep overnight. And a couple of times we would be taking a nap together. One time I actually had a BM accident while sleeping with her. I do take chlorophyll copper and plastic pants but I know the odor can still be noticed. At least a tiny bit. Like I said, she knows that I'm IC. One day we might sleep together over night. Or like what happened when we were napping. The only thing I could use was making sure I have some incense. But I don't want to smoke her out. Any ideas? One time we were napping and like I always do, I slept pretty deep. And while sleeping I messed my diaper. I awoke and saw she was awaken first. She felt my bottom (which extremely embarrassed me) and was smelling something. I just said I needed a change. I just wish there was something without making it so noticing.
The fact you’re already wearing plastic pants and using “internal deodorants” makes surely a big difference. Furthermore you could, if you’re able, use diapers with a plastic/PVC backsheet and try avoiding foods which make your stool even more smelly.
How long have you two been dating or actually been together? I know it’s not easy but if you’re planning on having a serious healthy relationship then you won’t be able to hide it forever.

Sophy said:
How long have you two been dating or actually been together? I know it’s not easy but if you’re planning on having a serious healthy relationship then you won’t be able to hide it forever.
I've known her for almost 5 years and since last August we started going together. First it started by cycling together a few years back. She is a part of our group. As the group we hangout together for cool "adventures" like cycling, softball' concerts and dinners. She's been a really good friend for at least 5 years. Eventually she made a closer look at me. Apparently she liked the look. She expected. Questions and answers. Still weird knowing she knows. I have a very select group of friends that are aware. I'm feeling my way through something I never expected.

Reactions: Diprs2 and uknappygirl
It sounds like she's really supportive.

Just continue to use your discretion and change promptly when you have a BM accident in your diaper.

Maybe set a timer to do regular diaper checks in case you don't notice you've messed.

you might want to try rubber pants

Coffee, asparagus, broccoli, and cabbage, are not your friends.

What others have said: Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water consistently (don’t chug), try to go, and for nose sake change often. It’s not a competition on how long you can last between changes, or getting the most ml for the buck.

I can totally relate to your concerns. I was the same in my last relationship. Very nervous about the effects of my IC especially BM. Eventually it was something we addressed and my ex was totally supportive and understanding. I really felt like I didn’t know what I was worried about. Obviously, things might be different for you, but I think once you get to a certain point, it’s better to be honest and talk things through. I hope it all goes well. Xx

uknappygirl said:
it was something we addressed
Since I finally came clean after trying to hide my IC, we have talked about it. In the beginning it was stressing me out. IC makes it complicated for any intimate relationship. I haven't told her everything but I think she knows enough. She's only seen me in just a diaper a few times. Usually I wear some loose sport shorts. Like I said, I'm still feeling my way through it.
Sophy said:
The fact you’re already wearing plastic pants and using “internal deodorants” makes surely a big difference. Furthermore you could, if you’re able, use diapers with a plastic/PVC backsheet and try avoiding foods which make your stool even more smelly.
With chlorophyll copper (internal deodorant) and plastic pants over a quality diaper (Confidry 24/7 with pvc backsheet), there is still a distinctive smell, especially with an unpleasant odor. I'm glad I don't have that "killer stink." Just a little pungent scent. Still, I worry that she might notice a BM aroma. I really try not to eat too many food that makes me smell. I suppose I'll just have to get used to it when we're together.

greatlake5 said:
With chlorophyll copper (internal deodorant) and plastic pants over a quality diaper (Confidry 24/7 with pvc backsheet), there is still a distinctive smell, especially with an unpleasant odor. I'm glad I don't have that "killer stink." Just a little pungent scent. Still, I worry that she might notice a BM aroma. I really try not to eat too many food that makes me smell. I suppose I'll just have to get used to it when we're together.
I think that is going to be the case for both of you: "just have to get used to it when we're together". There's only so much bandaid measures that can be applied to this problem.

Reactions: Diprs2, uknappygirl and greatlake5
@greatlake5 I'm sure she has "counted the cost" of having a relationship with you. As long as you maintain your best hygiene around her, there is nothing else you can do. Ultimately you may have to give up those weekend mornings when you can wake up and loaf around awhile before cleaning up and changing, but that doesn't mean you can't still have a lazy morning after getting freshened up. You just get to be lazy with somebody!

Reactions: Diprs2, uknappygirl and greatlake5
I forgot that I posted this thread. Another member marked me with a couple of "like's" with an alert. My girlfriend has been together with me for over a year now. How fast the year went. The thread reminded about how paranoid I was, including how odor and sleeping together. Apparently she never complained when I have a BM while sleeping. She's here almost every weekend. The only thing she said (when I asked) was that she smelled something but it doesn't smell like poop (I think she's just being kind). We sleep together and she always sees me in a diaper. In the beginning I didn't want to see me wearing. Now she thinks it's cute.?

The point is that after a couple "dates," it's come to the point that we've smoothed out the wrinkles. Relationships are never so simple. But it's still fairly new. I've become a lot more comfortable. Thanks for her.

Reactions: FelixS
Back