How to do "test run" for being little?

CutieProtector

Sir Diaper Knight, Defender of Babyfurs!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
I'm on the fence about whether or not I want to get into a "little" headspace in my free time, and if I want a caregiver to baby me (assuming I can find one). Are there any ideas for how to do a "test run" of being little? In other words, is there a way I can try being in the little headspace as a trial run to see if I like it, and if I don't then I can back out without significant consequences? I'll clarify some of my concerns below. I imagine a lot of what I can try will depend on me and my circumstances, so I just want to hear suggestions so I have options.

1st concern: Some people buy lots of baby things to get them into the headspace, but I don't want to sink too much money into diapers, baby clothes, stuffies and such before I know if I like it. Since I came here due to my interest in babyfur art, I would guess I'd want diapers. How many should I buy at first? Any baby items or activities that are highly recommended to get into the headspace? I don't need the specific product names; I'll look at previous posts for specific product reviews.

2nd concern: I've never gone into a "little" headspace before, so I don't know how much control I'll have when it happens. I've read other posts about how to get into it; my concern is getting out of it when I'm done for the moment or in an emergency. This probably isn't a real issue, but just to confirm: is it possible, through hypnotism or just one's own methods of getting into little headspace, to be "stuck" in the headspace unless someone else snaps you out of it? If that's possible, I'm concerned about doing this alone.

Last concern: Is it better to do a "test run" with or without the caregiver at first? On the one hand, if I try by myself and don't like it, then I won't use anyone else's time. But on the other hand, if I try with a caregiver first, then I'll have someone supervising me when I go into my little headspace (addressing the previous concern), and maybe they'd have supplies I could borrow for the trial, though I don't know if that's even a thing people do. I don't want to be a moocher; I'd compensate them if they were nice enough to let me borrow things. Borrowing supplies would make it easier to get rid of them by just returning them.

tl;dr: Can I "test run" being in little headspace before committing too far? I figure there aren't hard rules; just want suggestions for my first time(s).

I think you’re confusing littlespace with a conscious state like hypnosis or deep meditation. When people say they go to littlespace, nothing physically changes, they just mean that they’re acting childish or babyish for fun, relaxation, or something of that sort. You still have full control and there’s nothing dangerous about it. Think of it more like role play.

To address your concerns, nothing specific triggers being in littlespace. It’s a lot less intense of a feeling than you’re describing. So there’s nothing specific you need, unless you think certain things like stuffed animals or a pacifier would help you feel little and get more into the mindset.

As for hypnotism, hypnotism is portrayed really really poorly in media. It’s a real thing, but it works much differently than a lot of people think. It takes quite a while to enter a hypnotic state. You have to be very relaxed and okay with entering that state to actually be able to. It also takes many hypnosis sessions for any long term effects to take place. tldl: hypnotism is an extremely consensual process that can’t force you to do thing you don’t want to do.

Also for test running, no need. It’s not an intense process. Nothing out of the ordinary happens. If you want to try role playing as a little kid or baby, go ahead. Nothing’s stopping you and if you enjoy it, do it all you want.

• Love
Reactions: tiny, tsen, AJFan2020 and 2 others
JasperW said:
I think you’re confusing littlespace with a conscious state like hypnosis or deep meditation. When people say they go to littlespace, nothing physically changes, they just mean that they’re acting childish or babyish for fun, relaxation, or something of that sort. You still have full control and there’s nothing dangerous about it. Think of it more like role play.

To address your concerns, nothing specific triggers being in littlespace. It’s a lot less intense of a feeling than you’re describing. So there’s nothing specific you need, unless you think certain things like stuffed animals or a pacifier would help you feel little and get more into the mindset.

As for hypnotism, hypnotism is portrayed really really poorly in media. It’s a real thing, but it works much differently than a lot of people think. It takes quite a while to enter a hypnotic state. You have to be very relaxed and okay with entering that state to actually be able to. It also takes many hypnosis sessions for any long term effects to take place. tldl: hypnotism is an extremely consensual process that can’t force you to do thing you don’t want to do.

Also for test running, no need. It’s not an intense process. Nothing out of the ordinary happens. If you want to try role playing as a little kid or baby, go ahead. Nothing’s stopping you and if you enjoy it, do it all you want.
I probably am confusing littlespace with hypnosis and such. I know you don't need hypnosis to get into littlespace. But the way people described it made it sound like they become an entirely different person with a more child-like personality (not a physical change, but a mental one). One person even described their experience as if they were watching over their "little" self as they were playing. But maybe I should read these with a grain of salt.

I just didn't want to find myself suddenly shifting into littlespace and doing something embarrassing like messing myself when I don't have diapers handy.

From an innate littles stand point, it is just a general feeling of being care free. Being silly, giddy or super happy or excited or just having fun doing something as simple as coloring or curling up with a stuffie.

From an age/role playing perspective simply put on the costume or grab some props and have some fun playing the part for a bit. And just put the thought of it being silly or absurd out of your mind.

Basically either way don't over think it and just let it happen and have fun with it.

As far as finding a caregive, I am sure there are plenty of women in your area willing to play the role and some might even have props.
Be warned thou they will also generally charge btw 100-300 or more an hour and their "services" may or may not be entirely legal in your area. 😆

Last edited:
CutieProtector said:
I'm on the fence about whether or not I want to get into a "little" headspace in my free time, and if I want a caregiver to baby me (assuming I can find one). Are there any ideas for how to do a "test run" of being little? In other words, is there a way I can try being in the little headspace as a trial run to see if I like it, and if I don't then I can back out without significant consequences? I'll clarify some of my concerns below. I imagine a lot of what I can try will depend on me and my circumstances, so I just want to hear suggestions so I have options.

1st concern: Some people buy lots of baby things to get them into the headspace, but I don't want to sink too much money into diapers, baby clothes, stuffies and such before I know if I like it. Since I came here due to my interest in babyfur art, I would guess I'd want diapers. How many should I buy at first? Any baby items or activities that are highly recommended to get into the headspace? I don't need the specific product names; I'll look at previous posts for specific product reviews.

2nd concern: I've never gone into a "little" headspace before, so I don't know how much control I'll have when it happens. I've read other posts about how to get into it; my concern is getting out of it when I'm done for the moment or in an emergency. This probably isn't a real issue, but just to confirm: is it possible, through hypnotism or just one's own methods of getting into little headspace, to be "stuck" in the headspace unless someone else snaps you out of it? If that's possible, I'm concerned about doing this alone.

Last concern: Is it better to do a "test run" with or without the caregiver at first? On the one hand, if I try by myself and don't like it, then I won't use anyone else's time. But on the other hand, if I try with a caregiver first, then I'll have someone supervising me when I go into my little headspace (addressing the previous concern), and maybe they'd have supplies I could borrow for the trial, though I don't know if that's even a thing people do. I don't want to be a moocher; I'd compensate them if they were nice enough to let me borrow things. Borrowing supplies would make it easier to get rid of them by just returning them.

tl;dr: Can I "test run" being in little headspace before committing too far? I figure there aren't hard rules; just want suggestions for my first time(s).

Maybe I don't understand the people who think they just want to jump into being little just because they want to try it. For me, I had these feelings all my life. I didn't wake up one day and say, umm, I think I want to be an adult baby, or maybe I'll try it. It's a lifestyle. Your not going to find a caregiver at first, they are VERY hard to find. Being an adult baby is a desire, a want a need. For me, it's more then a kink. Good luck.

Reactions: CutieProtector and dogboy
Being little isn’t like “trying on a pair of pants” just to see if you like it. For me being little is part of my makeup its what I am I’m not trying out little. I get confused when people want to try this lifestyle, you either are or you aren’t.

You really don't need to sink a lot into it to try it. For example, I'm not a Little but I get into Babyspace as a 2-year-old toddler girl with a diaper, a babydoll dress, BIG baby bottle, adult pacifier and a BIG teddy bear I rescued from a thrift store. Once I found out it "clicked", I bought a thing at a time: more pacifiers, another bear, another outfit, a GIANT Rock-A-Stack toy, made another BIG baby bottle, bought another case of diapers.

Best way is to start basic, very minimally, no matter what age/diaper status you choose. You'll find your exact niche...affordably. And you'll gradually build upon what style you find likeable. I've seen others binge hard on their "a-cooter-mints", discover it's not their thing, then purge it all for the next thing. Lots of money blown there!

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwords and CutieProtector
BobbiSueEllen said:
You really don't need to sink a lot into it to try it. For example, I'm not a Little but I get into Babyspace as a 2-year-old toddler girl with a diaper, a babydoll dress, BIG baby bottle, adult pacifier and a BIG teddy bear I rescued from a thrift store. Once I found out it "clicked", I bought a thing at a time: more pacifiers, another bear, another outfit, a GIANT Rock-A-Stack toy, made another BIG baby bottle, bought another case of diapers.

Best way is to start basic, very minimally, no matter what age/diaper status you choose. You'll find your exact niche...affordably. And you'll gradually build upon what style you find likeable. I've seen others binge hard on their "a-cooter-mints", discover it's not their thing, then purge it all for the next thing. Lots of money blown there!

Most of my stuff is baby stuff, and depends so I haven't spent a lot of money. I did buy a girl onesie and a few AB little girl diapers, NOT CHEAP. I want an AB dress too but haven't done it yet. I wish we could play dolls together BobbiSueEllen, You've been a good friend

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
CutieProtector said:

Here's the thing. From my perspective, there are 2 camps. Innate Littles tend to need more time to truly get in headspace, but once we do, might need conscious thought to not go there.

For example, please don't drop me in the middle of an all Little bABies trip to the Crayola factory, and then expect me to be a stuffy old fart! There are no kids around. It's just us. It's safe, so it would be hard if. . . Oh, I don't know. . . Great Aunt Bertha died, and left me to plan her funeral. Don't have a Great Aunt Bertha, but you get the point. For me, the learned skill was being able to get in and out in a hurry. Not that anyone needed to yell my name, or grab me and shake me.

Then there's the other camp. These Little bABies might seem able to turn it on and off, almost like a switch, but don't seem able to go as deep into headspace. For them, depth is the learned skill, or it seems to be, to me.

I'm not prepared to say that the people who learned to be shallow, (as in water, not as in self absorbed) but quick in and out, aren't experiencing something just as important and real as people who take more time and get into it deeper.

The thing you need to understand is, it's not dissociative. If you needed to, you could grab your bootstraps and big up. No one should have to yell, or grab you, and you should be fine alone. I did hear of someone, out with mommy, accidentally knocking someone over, because he saw Lego, I think it was, on display, a huge display.

Now, a plushy, or a paci might be a good buy. They can be on the inexpensive side, even some of the adult ones. Don't feel obligated to give Maggie Simpson a run for her money. You can put it in, and let it rest, too. The feel of mine being in, oh my God. Big me has gone fishing, and will be back later, headspace wise! So perfect!

As far as diapers, order samples of whatever tickles your fancy, or, see if you're a very rare breed, and start with one cloth diaper. No need to overspend.

Reactions: CutieProtector and BobbiSueEllen
Katie2fingers said:
Maybe I don't understand the people who think they just want to jump into being little just because they want to try it. For me, I had these feelings all my life. I didn't wake up one day and say, umm, I think I want to be an adult baby, or maybe I'll try it. It's a lifestyle. Your not going to find a caregiver at first, they are VERY hard to find. Being an adult baby is a desire, a want a need. For me, it's more then a kink. Good luck.
I'm sorry if my main question was disrespectful. From other posts I've read, I understand that for many AB/DL's here, they've had the feelings of wanting to be little and/or wear diapers throughout their life. I don't want to disrespect those who have struggled with this their whole life.

I don't think I really started having thoughts of doing AB/DL things until recently. I may have had some interest in looking at diapers as a kid as I passed by them in the store or saw advertisements, but it's hard to say because I would try to push aside any thoughts I had about diapers. Then when I became a brony, I started getting into diaperfur art, and looked at such art from time-to-time on my own. When I noticed that some of my favorite artists were AB/DL's in real life, that's when I started thinking this could be for me.

Hearing that it's more of a lifestyle for people, I wonder if my path to discovering AB/DL stuff means I have genuine desires for it. I don't want to use this as a kink. I have Autism, so I have struggled throughout my life to connect with others on a personal level. I also get anxious about lots of different things. So I see this as a way of escaping the troubles of reality. But I DON'T want to imply that everyone with Autism eventually gets into this thing to cope with life.

I won't jump into anything until I've done plenty of thinking about it. People's responses have given me a better understanding of what little headspace really is. Thank you.

CutieProtector said:
I'm sorry if my main question was disrespectful. From other posts I've read, I understand that for many AB/DL's here, they've had the feelings of wanting to be little and/or wear diapers throughout their life. I don't want to disrespect those who have struggled with this their whole life.

I don't think I really started having thoughts of doing AB/DL things until recently. I may have had some interest in looking at diapers as a kid as I passed by them in the store or saw advertisements, but it's hard to say because I would try to push aside any thoughts I had about diapers. Then when I became a brony, I started getting into diaperfur art, and looked at such art from time-to-time on my own. When I noticed that some of my favorite artists were AB/DL's in real life, that's when I started thinking this could be for me.

Hearing that it's more of a lifestyle for people, I wonder if my path to discovering AB/DL stuff means I have genuine desires for it. I don't want to use this as a kink. I have Autism, so I have struggled throughout my life to connect with others on a personal level. I also get anxious about lots of different things. So I see this as a way of escaping the troubles of reality. But I DON'T want to imply that everyone with Autism eventually gets into this thing to cope with life.

I won't jump into anything until I've done plenty of thinking about it. People's responses have given me a better understanding of what little headspace really is. Thank you.

I'm sorry for snapping at you, but now I see where you're coming from. It's hard to find an outlet that might get you out of your Autism for a little while, weather it's every day, once a week, or once a month, a place where your normal, and nobody can judge you. It's not that you don't want Autism, it's part of you, but to find something that takes you away from it for a short time would be great for you. Shoot hoops, go running, buy a bag of depends and a baby pacifier and see if that takes you away. Find an outlet just right for you. I know you will, you're very smart. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: CutieProtector
If there's any parks open near you, try going to play and use that to try and get into little space. Totally free.

Reactions: CutieProtector
Back