How often you have a BM accident and when?

If i go to Taco bellii my tummy isn't happy if its too hot. Ill be stuck in diapers all day and a toilet turns into a dragon. I try my best to avoid hot things

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my bowel accidents which happen to be on the rare side happen in the morning.

Had unplanned BM this morning picking piece of paper off the floor

I'm fairly regular in that I usually have one BM in the morning, while still iny overnight diaper. I give myself about an hour every morning, coffee, feed the cat, make lunches, and usually this is when my BM hits. Because we eat well and go to the gym, it's usually a non issue, quick clean up, shower, then diaper up for the day. Unfortunately at least once or twice a week, I do have daytime BMs that catch me. Being that I work in a very expansive warehouse, big roll up doors opening and closing all the time, it hasn't been an issue. But there have been times I've had to do an emergency diaper change at work!

At most, once a Quarter with no particular pattern as it is either Food Poisoning or a GI virus, but either will elect to attempt to fully empty my GI system with effort and speed! Never trust a fart!

Last edited:
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
It happens when I get sick. Have also had infrequent issues in the past with urgency and not being able to hold on when I don’t have fast bathroom access. More recently I have had a couple of surprise poos during large bladder voids into my nappy. Not full movements but very unexpected. I have an appointment with my doctor lined up to discuss this. I never expected my incontinence to progress to faecal issues as well.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
What can I say. I am past the never trust a fart stage as if it is loose stool it just starts coming out now. The strangest feeling. Because I can no longer determine when my rectum is full. I do most of the time get a strong urge a minute or two before but not always. I have now pretty much started taking linzess 145mcg at bed and dose of mira-lax around 7-8pm when at home. Then I will normally have most of min at night or early morning. I do not have to work so I have that going I guess. Lol But my IBS is so messed up and the gastroparesis it can hit me any time. Normally when one eats it is out of the stomach and into the intestines in less than 4 hours at most. But Gastroparesis the stomach will slow or even stop making me bloated and sick feeling. But it could take 4 hours to 4days for food to move from my stomach so it is very hard to plan. I have to eat in small amounts or I will over load and set it off. I take a decent amount of pain meds for my messed up body and that can slow the bowel down. a sow bowel can slow my stomach down even more. if I get to sick I end up in the hospital with a NG tub up my nose sucking off all bio on my stomach because my body cant even past that. So I pretty much take miralx every day and if I do not have a BM then I take a double shot. So for me as much as I hate fecal IC I hate throwing up and being badly bloated from my GP. So I have to take laxities and give myself loose stool I can not hold to keep from becoming deathly ill. The doctors did not even figure this out I did. Since going on the laxities daily and the implant of gastric pace maker, I find having to change myself a lot better than being so damn sick !

• Sad
Reactions: slimjiminy and Edgewater
I hear you regarding the pain meds as the constipation and then free flow makes the pain almost preferred.

Yes now as I age my body starts giving me a few minutes warning before it will start coming out. So wear diapers most of the 24 hours incase I do a bowel m

so I am not usually FIC, but in the past month or so I’ve had three severe cases of really bad diarrhea, and the side effects that go along with having just upped my dose of a Simpich. Some of this may be learning to figure out exactly how to eat with taking this drug at the higher dose but, three weekends in a month of having such bad accidents and stuff that it just ruins you for two days. Nope I just can’t do it so my doctor lowered me to the .5 dose, which seems to be a lot better. and I’ll probably go back on jardiance, which is better even though it makes me piss so frequently that I’m in Diapers 24/7. I would much rather have that, then destroy two days because of having accidents, and just having to recover the next day.

I have been urinary incontinent for many years and wear 24/7 - apart from when ill, I have not really had any bm issues - however recently I have started to have accidents, mostly can make it to the toilet, but sometimes what I think is passing wind, end up with me filling my diaper - I was told that this might happen, but now what was theoretical is now what is happening - think I need to come to terms with more accidents in the future - to be honest, does not feel too bad

As the saying goes: "Never trust a fart!!"

Reactions: jdinvirginia
Just resolved to the fact that I am going to have to use my diaper - I will try to use the toilet, but think gradual increase in accidents will follow the same course as the urine did - accidents to incontinence

Once, sometimes twice a week, and almost always without warning. I can be sitting down and start feeling the urge, I stand up and whoosh there it is. I know the cause usually has to do with what I ate (so far okra, spinach and salad are known culprits) and I immediately head to the showers.

Even though I'm completely incontinent, I think it's a bit easier because for the most part I'm really regular. The BM accidents I experience are almost like a schedule. I can expect one almost every morning. Sometimes it happens when I'm sleeping in bed too. So usually I have a couple per day. Every once in a while I'll eat too much (like Thanksgiving). The next day I have some surprising BM's. Often 3 or 4 during the next day. Yeah, irritating. Thankfully they're rare. The consistency is important. I regularly take fiber (Metamucil) so my BM's are solid but softer and more larger stool. I can only imagine what it might be like only being U-IC. But it is what it is. I've accepted F-IC long ago.

• Love
I'm primarily U/incon but also on a bowel schedule. We use an enema before my morning BM and showering. But about once a week, I'll diaper up for the day after my shower and can't even make it out of the restroom before erupting.

My daily wear is a combined $9 diaper with stuffers since I can't change it until I get home 12-16 hours later (unless I have a messy accident of course). It f'in sucks, especially since I spend 30-mins on the pot to make sure I've fully voided.

It's a huge hit every time it happens, to the point that I slide down my diaper and dive for the toilet to try and mitigate the need to change.

Last edited:
Back