How long were you in diapers for?

I was out of diapers at age 2 and permanently back in diapers at age 53 due to a blown L5-S1 disc causing total bladder and bowel incontinence.

Reactions: Jim100
I was out of diapers at 4, then went back into them from 10 to 12yo.

• Thinking
Reactions: PaddedMewtwo and Jim100
3 1/2 during the daytime, mostly dry at night by 4. Though I had some bedwetting spells until almost 6. Back in Pampers every time that happened. Same when we went skiing, or I was playing out in the snow, so that I did not have to strip 10 layers clothing off every time.

Tommy10 said:
I was out of diapers at 4, then went back into them from 10 to 12yo.
Why did you go back into diapers at age 10 to 12?

Was potty trained pretty early... like 2. But wet the bed til I was almost 8 and had to wear diapers. After I stopped wetting, I would still sneak diapers from sisters and wherever else I could get them until I was old enough to buy them myself.

I can't remember. Maybe fully by 7 or 8.
I remember the nappies being plastic backed white huggies.

My dad found one in the back of a chest of drawers that used to be my change table a few years ago when we wear tidying out the shed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lewis Badger, Tommy10 and PaddedMewtwo
I was out of them full-time by three and a half. I have never worn them out of necessity since.

I read many stories on here about so many having a terrible potty training experience. It often seems the parents rush the training a lot. Every child is different and trains at different intervals. I think many parents take it personal or feel they failed if their child doesnt train right away. My grandma inlaw was old school and said potty training should be completely done before they are 2. She said parents in the 40s and 50s trained fast because cloth diapering was a big chore. Disposables came along and I bet statistics show kids training way later since. You see it today with all the training pants and pullups in large sizes and available for older kids. Although many are trained for the most part but just need some nightime protection. I remember being trained and out of diapers by late 3 years old. After that I do remember wearing thick training pants with a plastic shell after 3 years old and up at night mostly. This was the 70s and before all the pull up training pants of nowadays. By pre K was fully trained. I had to be in order to go to pre K at that time.

I had a few issues going on so I was only out of them during the day at around 5 and a half. At night however I had accidents untill I was about 11 and the occasional accident for a few years after that so I was diapered at night until I was 12ish

Osthagen said:
As a kid, I wore nappies until I was 2 1/2 years old.

How about you people?
I don’t remember during the day, but at night I wore pull-ups until I was 8

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
KenworthW900b said:
I was potty trained just before I turned 2 but wore diapers at night until I was 3 or a little before (according to my mom anyway). I was dry at night for a little over a year and started bedwetting again sometime when I was 4 so mom started buying diapers for me again and at first she put them on me but then taught me to do it myself. I wet the bed pretty consistently til I was 14 almost 15 and didn't stop wearing diapers completely til almost 17. I wore diapers, pull ups and eventually goodnites when they first came out, 90's goodnites were the bomb diggity especially the late 90's xl size. Of course the medium and large size back then were great as well. After all this I got hurt when I was 17 and had a truck engine fall on me I started wetting my bed again and it was right back to xl goodnites and eventually adult diapers, due to some spine damage the bedwetting soon evolved into day wetting which in turn evolved into diapers 24/7. I'll be 40 the end of the month and still diapered 24/7!
Poor guy I am so sorry to hear about it. Do you wear the new xl boys Goodnites now all the time? Just curious

I finally potty trained around 5. I was bribed out of diapers right before kindergarten started. I started to pee on the potty around 4 so my mother put me in underwear, but after lots of pooping my pants, I was but back into diapers. I would still pee in the potty, if reminded, but would always poop my diaper. After a while my Mom stopped reminding me, so I was back to just using my diaper for everything. I think it was just easier that way for everyone. A combination of toys and a little embarrassment got me out of diapers before the start of school. Although I still pooped/peed my pants every now and again.

Reactions: T3guuM44, AJFan2020 and sinceiwassmall
Till around three or Four. But was in night time protection till eleven.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
I've been in diapers/Pull-Ups from infant to ten/eleven years old.

Reactions: Jim100 and PaddedMewtwo
I was potty trained from the normal age for most 2/3. But I remember when I was 5/6/7 I would wet quite frequently, my mum got so annoyed she sent my dad to pick up some pampers, I was put in one and told to go play. It was humiliating at the time so I obviously didn’t use it because I didn’t want to upset mum but maybe it was because actually I wanted to be in one 🤷‍♀️☺️

Reactions: Jim100 and PaddedMewtwo
Maybe 3. Wish I was in them longer 😂

Reactions: T3guuM44 and PaddedMewtwo
TD712 said:
Usually it because of me wetting and messing myself, which I only enjoy if it's on diapers
Must be nice

ChristianDiaperLover said:
Maybe 3. Wish I was in them longer 😂
Me too

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
So far I have been in Diapers 367 months. Lol. Never been with out one

Reactions: pampersguy827
I think I was completely out of diapers before I even started retaining memories long term, though I did start on the memories thing a little late. Either way, I don't have any memory of what it was like. I kinda forget I ever had diapers since that young version of me basically does not exist in my head.

Back