How long were you in diapers for?

I was a bedwetter until 8 years of age, and my parents (mum) put me in nappies every night until 6 years and then I started wearing Pull-ups (GoodNites I guess).
I wore daytime nappies to the age of 5 because I was a frequent pants wetter. By the time I started school , I was able to wear normal underwear during the day.
My parents also put me in nappies for car travel - this went on until I was at least 7 or 8 - I can remember the summer holidays when I turned 8 and having to wear a nappy in the car when we drove to Adelaide.

Not sure of exact specifics, but I know was one.

And here I am now..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly likely out of diapers sometime between my 3rd and 4th birthdays.

Honestly no idea but I can remember wearing them. I'm the oldest of 5 kids so diapers were around for years after but ID think thats when the love started. It was more when the internet began to be a thing and I saw pictures of girls in diapers that probably got me. Didn't wear as an adult until maybe 24 or so when I was finally by myself. Didn't last long then I picked it back up a few years ago when I split from a long time girlfriend.

since I was 14. I am now 50 and i dont remember the last time i had the urge to pee. Trust me it was very hard to get used to having to wear diapers especially as a teenager in high school.

My incontinence came after a motorcycle accident. My cousin who was 21 at the time and I were taking a trip to my mom and dads summer home to open it up. It was a cool spring day and there were no hazards. I had been riding with him for a few months now. However on this trip he, for some reason, insisted that I put on his motorcycle suit he used to race in when he was younger. Maybe divine intervention...

We were hit by an elderly gentlemen who was changing lanes and did not see us. we spun out on the highway and my cousin died. The leathers saved my life, not to mention racing boot and helmet. however I did have multiple internal injuries and had to overcome mutliple surgeries. Everything worked was repaired except my ibladder and I had to have a kidney removed.

Sorry got long winded. but you get it.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
I was in cloth diapers at night until I was 5-6. I continued to wet the bed well into my teens. Day time accidents were fairly frequent until age 10.

Reactions: SydDLBoi
I was potty trained fairly normal around age 2 1/2. But I still wore training underwear and plastic pants to bed until around age 4. Though a bit embarrassing it was rather common for kids my age to have plastic underpants and a plastic mattress cover on their bed past kindergarten (at least from the laundry baskets I recall seeing at friend's houses). I remember being 4 and wearing my plastic underpants while laying on the couch one summer night and thinking if someone other than my family came in the house they would see me so I pulled a blanket over me even though it was hot that night (no AC back then). I recall being out of protection at age 5 for a while until I went to a family church camp and wet my sleeping bag 3 nights straight and my dad dressing me back in plastic underpants the rest of the week (which turned out to be a good thing since I hated waking up in wet pjs).

Though I had two pair of plastic underpants in my drawer from age 5 - 6 I do not recall having accidents though I recall my mom washing them regularly each week so maybe I was still having a few leaks at night while wearing them. I was mostly dry from age 6 - 7 but my first sleepover at my best friend's house was humiliating as I saturated the bed. From previous writings I put in all the details but the bottom line was I was placed back in a full diaper and plastic underpants at a following sleepover but his mother made me realize that wetting at night and it being contained was much better than having wet sheets and everyone seeing it. Eventually by age 12 my plastic mattress cover was removed and other than misunderstood wet dreams ( I bought my own plastic underpants and wore them at night for a few years) I was fine until college.

My first week at college I soaked my bed and thanks to an understanding roommate and some guidance from the housing counselor I accepted wearing a full diaper and plastic underpants again, 7 days a week, each night. After about 2 years my accidents subsided enough I could just wear plastic underpants over my adult training underwear just like when I was 4 years old. Nowadays I still wear training underwear and plastic underpants to bed but I rarely have any accidents (maybe 2 - 4 x per year - slight) at night.

Reactions: SydDLBoi
I don't have any direct memories of it, buy I was always told that I potty trained super early. Like...a few months after turning 2 (which I guess is why I can't remember it?).

As far as nighttime goes, I'd always thought I was trained early then as well-- I've seen a handful of old family videos (VHS tapes, HA I'm old..) of me staying with extended family, and I very clearly have a diaper on (old plastic Barney Luvs ones) under the PJ's I was wearing at the time, I would have been just recently turned 5 at the time.

Around about 3 I think

4 and a half-ish, it was the one thing that I tormented my parents with. I made literally every other transition just fine (cribs- bed, bottle- sippy cup, anything you can imagine), EXCEPT that one.

I was out of them at age 3.

I was potty-trained at 2. However, I never truly left diapers. ;)

Almost three I think but not sure if it I qualify for being potty trained seeing as I have some leakage in the day and have wet the bed for as long as I can remember except for a couple of years as a teen now I wear my diapers every night even though I don't wet every night I do soak my diapers at least five days a week

A long damned time - October of second grade.

For various reasons, I was also in diapers from June of sixth grade to November of eighth.

Well,

So far it's 47 Years...yep, never been out.

I have at the behest of an ex GF to try using bedpads, was in a bad rash cycle...

anyhow, despite that failure (I toss and turn so bedding was beyond damp)

I've been dry during days on/off, and really just is if i can get to the bathroom in time...which if out, isn't going to happen...usually in wheelchair if there is more than the slightest walking, so noone seems to notice or if they do, i'm disabled, yes park the truck or van in the handycap stalls...yes I have the tag too!

Anyhow, I've often wondered what it's like to not wear as a regular thing to bed...

I can't even take a nap without padding, for practicality reasons.

I think there is a large amount of IC people that go this route towards AB and alike to add some lighthearted fun to the burden of the task at hand....At least that is why I play sometimes...albeit lately not too much...Been having serious issues sleeping, so going to the sterile sleep environment no caffeine, bedtimes and etc...

So, the answer is 47 years

I have already replied to this but I think the answer is probably not long enough considering that I do use diapers every day and night and would not be able to go about the day without some protection and I have trouble sleeping at night if I don't have a good diaper with a couple of booster pads because I will wake up wet best to just wear my diapers

What do you mean "were in diapers"? I still am! (at least as often as I can) ;)

But alas, I am sure that is not what you meant. I don't know the exact age, but it was before I was three. But I had problems with bed-wetting up until I was 6 or 7. I remember one night around that age when I had already had two accidents and bed changes and out of desperation I was put in a makeshift towel diaper for the night, complete with the diaper pins.

I also remember seeking out cloth diapers in the basement storage when I was 4 or 5, wearing and wetting them, and getting caught. So I can truly say I have had diaper desires ever since I had to stop wearing them.

TeddyBearCowboy said:

But alas, I am sure that is not what you meant. I don't know the exact age, but it was before I was three. But I had problems with bed-wetting up until I was 6 or 7. I remember one night around that age when I had already had two accidents and bed changes and out of desperation I was put in a makeshift towel diaper for the night, complete with the diaper pins.

I also remember seeking out cloth diapers in the basement storage when I was 4 or 5, wearing and wetting them, and getting caught. So I can truly say I have had diaper desires ever since I had to stop wearing them.
I was in diapers all the time until I was six or so. I wore diapers to bed until I was nine or so. I had problems stating dry during day. So yes many times I was running around in pampers.

Reactions: T3guuM44
TeddyBearCowboy said:

No I am still in diapers every day but I was supposedly potty trained at around two then we moved and my mom put me back in diapers for her convenience and I think that could have been part of why I wet the bed but I wear diapers day and night dàytime just leaks night I have to use a good overnight diaper

Back