How is the experience of traveling through an airport with diapers?

Nova95

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
I have no idea what to expect when I drop off my luggage filled with diapers. This is my first international flight from Canada into the states. Are they gonna ask what’s in the big suitcase? Should I avoid bringing diapers in the carry on?

They could not care less if you are carrying diapers. As long as it's not illegal (drugs, smuggled goods, large sums of cash, etc) or a safty issue (fireworks, certain batteries, anything highly flammable, etc) diapers would not call into either of these categories. Even in you carry on, I have had tsa search my carry one with three or four diapers in it. This was right after 9/11 and my cheap company purchased two one way airline tickets. I was selected for extra security for every leg of that trip. Four tsa agents each carefully inspected my carry on. They removed most of the items so they could see everything, but they never removed the diapers. all of them saw the diapers and completely ignored them. To the extent that the other employee who was going through sedlcurity with me couldn't see anything either.

ive seen cases when they have stopped people to check but it seems like they get it a lot and are perfectly fine with it so you should be ok

From what I have heard wearing a wet diaper through security is a bad idea. It might trigger their X-ray machine. But I would not worry about packing them in a carry-on.

I’ve had diapers in my carryon many times. Two weeks ago my bag was flagged for additional inspection. The TSA agent looked through my bag. It had two Betterdry diapers in plain sight. He didn’t even care. Cleared my bag and sent me on my way. This is the third time for me with the same result. However one time I had a small bottle of baby powder. They took it out and rescanned it by itself and sent me on my way. I fly a lot and always have diapers in carryon. Never had any issue.

I've done it several times and even been physically patted down with my diaper being discovered. SO WHAT? Not like they do this so that everyone behind you knows and even if you're wearing without a need/wearing for fun, HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT?!?!?!

Too many people make WAY TOO BIG a deal out of this. These people have a job to do and believe me, they're more embarrassed than you will ever be and you have NOTHING to worry about so long as you're not trying to smuggle something illegal onto the plane!

CptKirk

Reactions: Deleted member 76595 and Nova95
GoodnitesAreGoat said:
From what I have heard wearing a wet diaper through security is a bad idea. It might trigger their X-ray machine. But I would not worry about packing them in a carry-on.
What about the big suitcase that isn’t carryon?

This is a common question that comes up quite often in the forums here. It certainly is a good question and one worth asking.

Things have changed a lot over the years as TSA has become more knowledgeable of lots of stuff, but still, there remains a chance you might have your little stuff discovered and if you are not wanting to have that happen, then perhaps you might rethink you option of flying while diapered, or perhaps do a I do now, which is to have your diapers on a carry on bag and then change after going through security.

Several years ago, I had a most embarrassing experience where I had to go through additional screening procedures when I had been wearing a diaper through security. It ended okay, but it included having to go to a separate room and remove my clothes where I had a more through inspection and pat down of the diaper. Yeah, I’m not making this up.

You can see my original post about the here.

Anyhow, I would like to think that things are better now, and it might not have happened in todays date and age, but still…. There is always some additional risk if TSA thinks something us amiss and needs to ensure that there is not some other risk to transportation safety going on. That’s just the facts of life folks…. It’s not meant to be an invasion of privacy, but the “cost” of providing safety.

Reactions: abdl86
Nova95 said:
What about the big suitcase that isn’t carryon?
I am U-ic. EVEN IF I change I very well may be wet after standing in line. TRUST ME! NOT AN ISSUE!!! Inconvenient? A little. STILL, FAR From the worst thing that can happen to you, EVEN IF wearing an abdl diaper for fun!

CptKirk

Back