How far to lift/detach leak guards

TigerDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know most people say to prepare a diaper by making sure the leak guards aren't stuck to the padding (as well as folding, fluffing, and other preparation steps people take). But I'm not sure how much to separate the leak guards from the padding.

There are sections at the front and back, about the same length as the wings, where the leak guards are stuck to the padding, but it feels like that is how they are intended to lie. Am I supposed to separate the leak guards from that part of the padding too, all the way up to where the padding ends?

I haven't really found that any of my diapers' leak guards have needed separating in the leg area; have I just been lucky? Or maybe my opening/fluffing technique takes care of it already?

With every diaper I had ever used the inner leak guards are always adhered to the padding on the inside top front and back of the diaper. It's the way they are designed and you risk ripping the inside lining trying to separate the leak guards.⬇️

Attachments

• 20240423_044214.jpg
    20240423_044214.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240423_044230.jpg
    20240423_044230.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: TigerDL
All you really need to do is put a thumb and finger on either side of the guard in the middle and gently run them along to the front and back, anything that needs to unstick will pop up very easily (it's not stuck down because of glue but simply from compression) when you get to the end you will know because it actually feels stuck down, these bits you leave stuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL
Back