How far removed is your “little persona” from who you are in real life?

All of my adult life has been in heavy civil construction, from drilling and blasting during highway construction to running excavators and dozers building hydro electric dams. I’m now a supervisor in charge of heavy equipment and men doing the same. When I’m big I’m firmly in charge and in control and a 6”5 230lb mans man. When I’m little I’m the baby girl of my loving wife. I would have to say my little and big side are a bit opposite 😜

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, YbboB and littlemoosey
Sorry if I rambled for a little, wasn't expecting too 😳. I just wanted to paint a picture of the effort I put into hiding because it hurt a lot.

Until last year, very far removed. I grew up on a cattle farm where I was chasing 1000lb Bulls with a stick at age 6. I didn't have time to be soft or cute growing up when I would get off the school bus and I chase cows that broke out of our electric fences (it happened a lot) . Because of that I thought I had to keep being tough, I felt like I didn't have a choice. Now to paint a picture of me, I was a small guy at 100lb and was barely 5ft tall but I still ended up doing football the first chance I got. I wasn't good but I loved the game and I wasn't going to let my size hold me back. Did that for a few years and really submersed myself in tough sports, we even good enough to wrestle a year for my community college. I was a gym rat and that's who I thought I had to be. I'll even add that I went to college when I was 17, I was in a big rush to grow up 😕.

Eventually college scared me with not knowing what degree to pick so my buddy got me an construction job in another state. Still this 18 year old, 120lb 5'3" guy doing construction didn't really fit me but I figured I'd do it while I "figure out life". Well figuring out life led me to joining the Navy. No, I wasn't a seal or anything combat related, I felt this was a good time to embrace a new side of nerdy me while still being a tough man. Had it in my mind if I do the toughest things that I was capable of, I could feel ok about my little side.

8 years later with multiple deployments to the Middle East, a divorce and etc. I finally find a mommy. I was still very tough for everyone to see and constantly overworked myself just to show I could do more than the others. Near the end of my military service I fell into a dark depression. Being a workaholic, an alcoholic (thanks navy) and refusal to truly acknowledge little me broke me one day.

Since then I've seen a few therapists and have just recently started blending in littleness into my adult persona (within reason of course). I'm tried of not being me, I lived for others standards of "normal" or toughness and what a man was for too long. Being a adult isn't about conforming to society's standards, but that's all I knew. No one really taught me to importance of self care and I personally thought that made me seem weak.

So a year ago you probably wouldn't of known. Maybe seen a short guy with a Napoleon complex in some military uniform, Just some average joe.

Me now? I'm quite reserved but if we're past the awkward introduction phase so I'm no longer shy, you'll definitely know. Only time I'm not padded is at work and I'm practically holding mommys hand wherever I go. I sneak in childish words in conversations like potty, tay, acknowledging things that are cute with a childlike excitement. It's nerve racking at times but I cheer people up now just by being around them. Before I always seemed busy or mad about something.

Personas work but I'm just tired of pretending. I'm just little ol' me now, I'm an adult at work but everywhere else I just do what I feel like as long as I am respecting others boundaries. No one has said anything to me, mommy's family knows about little me and I can legit say I am happy 😊

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, teddytugger and littlemoosey
I'm an MMA fighter. So I'm probably closer to the “no fuc@#$g way” end of the spectrum.

For me it is a balance between pretending to be a grown up. And letting myself be myself.

Hey I have the school parents of a adult. But I also have a child like personally so people that get to know me find out that on the inside I am a mysterious little boy.

I just tell them that I haven't grown up jet and it on my to do list somewhere.

Although it has got me into trouble at times I not being open and trying to hide leads into more difficulties.

The people who I work with and live with all know that I am a Little, or know that I see some things in a child like manor.

Please don't misunderstand I work as a director in a limited company and oversee two branches of my cub Club Ltd

But getting a balance between the two is really important and there is a lot to be said for Little space time. And being in the present.

Hope all that makes sense.

Hugs

I`ve come to the conclusion from what others tell me that know me , little me , adult me and every other part of my personality are all the sum of the whole person. depends on the mood and setting you might get more of one than the other.

I feel like my two sides are very different. Like when big I usually try to give off an in control persona and don't wear anything very feminine. On the other hand when little a majority of my clothes are pink and I want a mommy to be in control and make choices for me. The only real crossover is my love for cartoons no matter my headspace, but being an art major going into animation, that's very usual and expected.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
We are pretty close to one and the same. I think most people that know me at all would pretty much just say, "oh, well we knew you liked collecting toys and all" In other words the bridge is not too far to cross at all lol.
I regularly even have a teddy bear with me on my desk at work so everyone pretty much knows I'm at the very least extremely girly.

Reactions: littlemoosey
I liked the sound of this question, thought I'd answer! Problem is.... Not entirely sure how to answer. I am... Uhhh... Hmm. I'm a bit weird, a bit of a contradiction. I am sensible and at the same time utterly childish. There isn't really a grown-up me Vs little me, we're one and the same. Woven into each other. I am very good at being grown-up, I look after people, I cook very well, I do my own car maintenance, when people need help they come to me. But at the same time.... While cooking I make up silly songs and make noises while chopping and do voices for the vegetables, I share sweets while helping other people do things, my special grown-up magic bag that makes me prepared for anything - containing pens, medicine, plasters, phone cables, wipes, everything - also has stickers and sweets inside! Grown up me is pretty little, and little me is pretty grown up. I like being little because it makes me feel so cosy and safe and snuggly. But I also like being grown up because I like to make other people feel safe and like to gently and softly take charge. And that's kinda.... Me. There is no 'difference' between little and big me, per se. I'm just me. But then, I'm not like a full time little, I kinda am a switch. Which is kinda what interested me about this question, how does my experience of being little compare to other people's.

My little self is the complete opposite of myself.

Normally I am social, outgoing, fairly talkative, and fun. My little side however is shy, quest, and almost mute (my voice is super deep IRL so it makes keeping a headspace difficult). However, both me and my little are incontinent, so that makes things easier. In real live I take my masculinity very seriously, sometimes to a fault. I try not to cry. I act all tough, but my little side/daddy side (depending on the roles) is where my tenderness shines (not that I don't normally show it or anything ;) )

Well there are 2 main sides to me; my professional work side when I am working; and then there is my laid back, relaxed side when I am not working.

My ABDL side goes perfectly with my laid back side and while I never tried 24/7 i do often wear after work and especially on weekends; but sometimes also when I go out of town for a few hours to do stuff.

I'm the kinda person that would never even give anyone any indication I'm ABDL (unless I'm wearing a PeekABU hat and someone knows, but I have yet to have anyone say anything the few times I went out with one on)

Sheepies said:
I am very much not far from my little self if I like and am comfortable around you. Very happy, hyper, bubbly, and silly. But also very mischievous. If someone tells me not to do something..... I'm gonna do it. If someone tries to use reverse psychology and tell me to do something...... I'm still gonna do it.

Of course only with non-dangerous things... Like if I'm told not to eat a sticker or something. If I'm told not to touch something important, I know not to do that.

Also I like bringing toys and gifts to people I like and playing with them. So yep not a far leap to tell those people I'm a little (and those who see that side of me already know any way.)

If I'm not completely comfortable with someone I'm much much more reserved and very quiet. Friendly of course, but cool, calm, and collected. Almost uncaring if you didn't know me. That's a much larger leap for people to make.
Same

Back