How expensive is double incontinence per month?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Will pads/nappies and cleaning wipes and other things?

Reactions: Edgewater
Diapers-$250.00
Wipes-$25.00
Chux/Bed pads-$20.00
Powder-$5.00
Barrier Cream-$8.00

Total-$308.00

YMMV:)

Reactions: Edgewater, Diaperman95 and bobbilly
I spend 220 on diapers
I buy 50 chux pads a time on amazon for 20 bucks but I only use them for cleaning up number 2 so they last several months.
I buy a perineal wash about 10 bucks a month,
then I spend maybe 20 on wipes. I really don't use that many and for poop I use the chux pads like a towel and wipe away most or the poop so I can save on wipes.
I use reusable bed pads I normally buy one or 2 every 6 months to add to my collection.
I also use about 10 or 12 pull ups a month so I don't buy or wear them to often. but they do add to the cost. My wife has stress incontinence really bad and she was soaking pads and I convinced her to try one of my pull ups so now she uses them, so I just share with her the few times a month I want to use a pull up instead.
I say around $250 to $280 depending.
I do not have uncontrolled bowel movements but a few days a week so thank god it is not daily.

I am only urine IC but here are my costs (all in Canadian $)
$230 every 60 days for 240 Abena L4s
this is with insurance. Without it be about $600
Case of wipes at Costco $28 lasts me 6 months (about $5 per month)
I don't solely just use wipes I also use washcloth
Powder 1 large container per month $6
sudocrem $20 a month
Extra garbage bags & misc like gloves $25 a month

We all do not think of the same items when calculating the cost of incontinence. Several costs include onesies and plastic pants, booster pads, reusable bed pads, disposable underpads, and chair pads. I use doctor-prescribed enemas to manage neurogenic bowel and fecal incontinence, so add enema bags, double balloon (inflatable) enema nozzles, Castile soap, suppositories, and sea salt.

I keep a detailed spreadsheet for income tax deductions and for me the cost is approximately $500 per month (ouch). That is despite buying in bulk and taking advantage of sales.

I'm only UIC; I need in average 2 Attends Flex (083 ct/pce) + 1 Tena Proskin Maxi (0,74 ct/pce) every day/night, which is in total around EUR 75,- / month - that's more or les all I spend!

hbic60 said:
I'm only UIC; I need in average 2 Attends Flex (083 ct/pce) + 1 Tena Proskin Maxi (0,74 ct/pce) every day/night, which is in total around EUR 75,- / month - that's more or les all I spend!
Man I wish I could get by on that! Even when I used abena and the old purple Molicare supers I would use around 4 a day. So I tried the Mega max and even though they are a lot more expensive dropping to around 2 a day I did not spend much more than I was on the others. I very seldom have urine go in the toilet. Unless I am standing in the bathroom when the urge hits or I well push some out when pooping. But 99.9% of my urine is collected into two Mega Max diapers.

The first of every month when I let go of that money then just think what I could have bought had my bladder knew how to behave.

Unless you are faced with the reality of become dual incontinent other than by your choice, please do not! Although what has been provided is what it costs them in money each month. But it did not include all of the affects that being incontinent has on their (our) Life. The long list of when things go wrong to very wrong, when you are out and about, the missed events, because you are busy changing, the leaks, and the list just goes on!

It may sound like fun, but with time, and faced with the reality of there are no days off, no weekday(s), no weekend(s), no vacations, everyday is like the day before. And as stated above, the costs: What could I have gotten if not for being incontinent.

• Love
Reactions: jdinvirginia, Diaperman95 and slimjiminy
Diaperman95 said:
Man I wish I could get by on that! Even when I used abena and the old purple Molicare supers I would use around 4 a day. So I tried the Mega max and even though they are a lot more expensive dropping to around 2 a day I did not spend much more than I was on the others. I very seldom have urine go in the toilet. Unless I am standing in the bathroom when the urge hits or I well push some out when pooping. But 99.9% of my urine is collected into two Mega Max diapers.

The first of every month when I let go of that money then just think what I could have bought had my bladder knew how to behave.
Well, my usage of my diapers correlates quite well with my fluid intake. The attends Flex have a (theoretical) absorption of a little more that 3 liters, which means in practice a little more than 1 liter, the Tena Maxi holds practically (while laying in bed) of some more than 1,5 liters - so all in all my diapers hold all together around 3,5 liters a day which works out well! OK, there are sometimes days when I need 3 instead of 2 diapers over the day, but that ones are not so often...

hbic60 said:
Well, my usage of my diapers correlates quite well with my fluid intake. The attends Flex have a (theoretical) absorption of a little more that 3 liters, which means in practice a little more than 1 liter, the Tena Maxi holds practically (while laying in bed) of some more than 1,5 liters - so all in all my diapers hold all together around 3,5 liters a day which works out well! OK, there are sometimes days when I need 3 instead of 2 diapers over the day, but that ones are not so often...
I tried the flex and was not the greatest diaper made for me by far. I like snug fitting plastic backed. But If I could make it with3 maxi pads and stay dry I would do that instead 🤣 We all have different need as well as different bodys. I am very happy you make this work for you

Diaperman95 said:
I tried the flex and was not the greatest diaper made for me by far. I like snug fitting plastic backed. But If I could make it with3 maxi pads and stay dry I would do that instead 🤣 We all have different need as well as different bodys. I am very happy you make this work for you
Sure, we all have different shapes and different bodies. As I've said in another thread, a product which works fine for me might be inappropriate for you and horrible for the next one and of course also the other way round. But what I wanted to say is - as long as someone is only UIC - it's possible without problems and still discreet outfit to come along by choosing the right product with 3, maximum 4 diapers through 24 hours. Of course, being additional fecal incontinent or having issues with skin, or having for what reason ever a much higher daily fluid throughput, will lead to a higher number!

Reactions: Edgewater and Pino
hbic60 said:
I think i am very close here (only UIC at the moment), but depending a lot on the activities, we are more at home in the winter, what reduces the amount i need. At the moment i get along with two packs Attends Active 8 / 10 and Classic 10 a month, altogether.
I do only pay about 30 Euro a month additional to my insurance.

hbic60 said:
Sure, we all have different shapes and different bodies. As I've said in another thread, a product which works fine for me might be inappropriate for you and horrible for the next one and of course also the other way round. But what I wanted to say is - as long as someone is only UIC - it's possible without problems and still discreet outfit to come along by choosing the right product with 3, maximum 4 diapers through 24 hours. Of course, being additional fecal incontinent or having issues with skin, or having for what reason ever a much higher daily fluid throughput, will lead to a higher number!
I drink a lot of water and unsweet tea all day and even with that said I seldom need more than two mega max a day Unless my fecal IC takes one out and it does time to time to.

I have found the change in cost going from U-IC to double incontinent has been minimal. The only difference has been the addition of very inexpensive diapers for the morning when my IBS is acting up. I can easily go through 4-6 diapers during the morning. And the cost for extra wipes to clean up. Even so, most mornings I can get to the toilet without messing myself, so the cheap diapers and extra wipes is not every day. Severe U-IC is the expensive portion, as it is throughout the day, every day, requiring constant care and protection in the form of barrier creams, diapers, boosters, chair pads, bed pads, supply bag, appropriate clothing, etc.

bobbilly said:
Will pads/nappies and cleaning wipes and other things?
You’re from the UK ? Aren’t you ? See Dr , get referred to incontinence nurse , get nappies supplied

CheshireCat said:
I have found the change in cost going from U-IC to double incontinent has been minimal. The only difference has been the addition of very inexpensive diapers for the morning when my IBS is acting up. I can easily go through 4-6 diapers during the morning. And the cost for extra wipes to clean up. Even so, most mornings I can get to the toilet without messing myself, so the cheap diapers and extra wipes is not every day. Severe U-IC is the expensive portion, as it is throughout the day, every day, requiring constant care and protection in the form of barrier creams, diapers, boosters, chair pads, bed pads, supply bag, appropriate clothing, etc.
Yep it is a lot of work. I just got home from shopping at walmart after eating mexican food. I had to make a mad dash to the restroom but I did not make it. Thankfully it was not very big a mess but I let the wife check out and went to the car. Then I had to change when I got home. Besides cost It can sure mess you day up. Now my stomach is still kinda turning and upset but it is league night tonight so now I have to decide if I...
  • do I want to stay home
  • want to just make sure I have a fresh diaper on and go.
  • or lastly do I want to go do a large enimea here in a few and try to make sure I am clean and then put a fresh one on and go praying it works.​
I think I am going to go with plan 3 and fingers crossed. I will go bowling and hope for the best but prepare for the worse. I always take a changing bag js in case. It does get old why anyone thinks it sound fun is beyond anything that I really can comprehend. If people have control of their bladder and bowels and like wearing diapers I suggest they just enjoy them when they want and try to keep all the control. There is no off switch for people that have no control. My Fecal IC has gotten 3 times worse in the last year.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Edgewater and slimjiminy
Back