How do you wet a diaper?

It could be fear of leaking that's causing you not to be able to pee. You might try standing in a bathtub or shower (no water) and try peeing just wearing the diaper. Then if there are leaks you don't have to worry about it getting on the floor or on your clothing. :)

Just remember: you’re rewiring your brain. It’ll take time - but it’ll come, and one day you’ll be wearing a diaper and you’ll soak it without even thinking about what’s happening.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen
I hate to tell you this, but it’s a skill set that you once possessed from the time you entered this world. I don’t have a choice in when I wet mine so I never went through the bashful bladder syndrome that you’re experiencing. If you just keep wearing your diaper and relax I’m sure that eventually you’ll moisten it.

DigitalHuman said:
So I am kinda new to the whole DL thing and I have been enjoying wearing diapers. I have a shy bladder which makes it hard for me to use the restroom in public even if I am about to burst. I want to get used to using my diaper but I don't know how. I tried sitting on the toilet and stuff but to no avail I can't pee. Not sure what to do.
I can now do it just about anywhere or anytime. And sometimes I dont even realize Im doing it. When I was young I had a thing about public restrooms and got over that by my midteens.

Reactions: DBabygirl2
Long time user here, first thing is to relax and take a deep breath. Second if you are having trouble still close your eyes and imagine you are at the toilet. My other tip is to take your fingers and lightly brush them down the side of your body from armpit to your waist. It helps me.

Reactions: LittleRen77
Definitely a mindful thing. It’s also helpful to learn to relax and “let go”. For me, I’m still shy of public wetting but hate using public restrooms. Wearing to Walmart is good practice lol no one is watching you there. Laying in bed for me is easier as long as I’m confident I have tall leak guards lol

DigitalHuman said:
So I am kinda new to the whole DL thing and I have been enjoying wearing diapers. I have a shy bladder which makes it hard for me to use the restroom in public even if I am about to burst. I want to get used to using my diaper but I don't know how. I tried sitting on the toilet and stuff but to no avail I can't pee. Not sure what to do.
Breathe slowly in and out then as you slowly breathe out hold and relax and let flow .... apply a little pressure on our bladder with your hand also helps ❤️ 🚼(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleRen77
When I was kid and first exploring diapers, my breakthrough was standing in the shower or bathtub. I knew, because I sometimes peed while showering, that everything would be ok, whether my diaper leaked or not. That said, I remained slightly diaper-shy for decades, and didn't become truly acclimated to diaper use until COVID hit and I found myself at home every day. In the end, nothing beats practice.

First when I started wearing diapers I would stand in front of the toilet and pretend I wasn't wearing a diaper to make it easier. Eventually once I realized the diaper was going to hold it I could go much easier. The key is to learn what the limits of your diaper are, and don't push them.

I think having leak protection you can depend on helps a lot. I wear thick absorbent diapers, and I put a Rearz change / bed pad under me when sitting on the furniture to protect it. For my bed I also lie on one of the bed pads, plus I have a waterproof mattress protector with a vinyl backing. If I'm confident there's virtually no chance of leaks getting on any of the furniture, I can freely go with no worries! :) It's much easier to throw a change pad in the laundry than try to clean the furniture.

dont force it, just relax and it will come

It took me a while and I'm still not 100% with it. I started in the exacted same way as you. What got me over it was going to the bathroom in my nappy and then sitting on the toilet and peeing in my nappy. After a bit of this I would just stand in the bathroom. After a bit i stared just being able to go but still working towards just doing it when ever.

Just putting one on works for me as my small bladder always lets go once it reaches capacity, however I do remember the days of straining away trying to wet my makeshift Nappies as a young D/L and it is like all these things practice makes perfect and it will not take long to perfect the art you desire.

The overarching theme is operant conditioning. The main difference between classical and operant conditioning is that classical conditioning associates involuntary behavior with a stimulus while operant conditioning associates voluntary action with a consequence. Classical and operant conditioning are two central concepts in behavioral psychology. With repetition, learning (operant conditioning) to wet your diaper and the associated pleasurable warm consequence will reinforce wetting more naturally. If you have a partner that contributes to the reward by say something like: "Good boy/girl for wetting your diaper, when you are really wet I'll change you," the social reinforcement will enhance learning to wet in a more naturalistic manner, even without anyone knowing. With practice you will be able to wet while engaged in a conversation without anyone knowing that you are wetting your diaper. although you might have a momentary "pee face" with the glassy eye gaze as you feel the warmth spread in your diaper, but you can simply explain the "pee face" by saying that you were just thinking about something.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and Deleted member 39193
I guess whatever position I'm in. Sitting, standing, laying down, or walking. All I know is all of sudden it's warm in that area.

Back