How do most people respond knowing that you are DL ?

I think young people are more accepting and open about wearing nappies. I would not tell most of my friends although many of them know I am incontinent. I like childish looking nappies and I have been caught by several people hanging the terry ones on the washing line together with the plastic pants. My wife is the only one who I have told that I ‘like’ wearing them. Having said that I am much more comfortable telling people, and if asked why they are so babyish, I will say that it is my way of mentally handling the problem, to ridicule it!

Reactions: KBoy, foxypinky and Woncrinklz
Bigbabybret said:
I dont see this as a normal topic that comes up often, especially in general conversations.

I mean do you speak about hemroids or your sex organs or your bowel movements often with people in general conversation?

I see that this is mostly a private matter, wether its IC or DL or AB or whatnot, you'll discuss this with your SO and family and maybe a very close friend, and that is about it.

So, the people you talk to about this you will most likely already know the answer or likely answer ahead of time, and also if your even willing to discuss it.

So, the question is sorta moot, the response will be based on who you talk to about it, and whom that is depends on you and your openness and also your willingness to talk to people that may have a negative take on the situation.

I doubt too many people (Minus some fetish/mental reasons ill leave out) are going to talk to someone that they likely suspect will have a negative outcome about say DL.

Why would you talk to someone that is closed minded and judgemental and/or abusive about being some way knowing the likely outcome, that just doesnt happen regularly.

Also, i dont see people talking about being DL or AB at a work lunch either, that isnt a usual thing that goes on, and likely will get you less people to have lunch with, wether they like or hate DL, just over the oversharing with a coworker is wierd.
I never thought I would get so many replies but what you are saying really sums it up

Reactions: KBoy and Bigbabybret
I've had pretty good experience with it. I don't hide it, so pretty much everyone I know knows directly and I'm sure the rest have figured it out. In the beginning I got a couple confused sort of grouchy reactions- my parents, specifically -because they didn't understand what it was all about. But I didn't back down and over time showed them its just me and these are the underwear that makes me feel the most comfortable.

A bit of advice on this front, you may be compelled to share the whole story at once when telling someone, but the truth is that its much, much easier and comfortable for others when initially its "just the underwear I wear" because let's be real, most people out there don't feel the need to explain their underwear choices so why do you? If they want to know more, people will generally ask. Then you can share more. Following this basic idea has kept things pretty easy and straightforward in being 24/7 (minus airing-out periods, obviously) which leaves the curvy paths for art which is the way I like it :3

Reactions: Subtlerustle and foxypinky
fredy552 said:
My wife knows I wear diapers 24/7 365. I have Been a diaper lover off and on for years.🥺 My wife has found my used diapers hidden around the house over the years. My son many years ago playing with matches started the bed on fire I had hidden some Pampers under the bed. When I became Incontinent 3 years ago. 🤨 I tried not to fall back in love all over again with diapers, but I did as my Profile says AB/DL and Incontinent. :rolleyes: Did I want this every day 24/7 365 days a year no. The wife ignores me wearing diapers and plastic pants. 🥺
My wife just yesterday said she never knows if I am wearing a diaper or not it is not obvious. It is a gradual thing for someone who is not a DL to get used to a person wearing. This morning, she noticed I was very wet from last night and drinking my morning coffee this as I was headed to the shower.

Reactions: foxypinky
Lyric said:
I've complained about this to my wife more than once, but all she said was that I shouldn't expect other people to be as open minded and supportive as she has been to a boy who insists on wearing diapers and rubber pants all the time like he was still a child. There is nothing I can do about it except be understanding of her feeling. I have tried talking to her mother very directly about her feelings toward me, but she's never been willing to be frank with me about it, she just makes little comments from time to time that make me feel like I should be ashamed of myself for having diapers on and wetting myself.
I'm confused. You have said in previous posts that your mother-in-law is supportive of your desire to wear diapers and has even changed you on a few occasions.

Reactions: foxypinky and Aimeesaurus
Only one person in my life knows. His reaction was not great. There was some name calling involved. It was extremely hurtful. I'll leave you to guess the particular words that were said. I have nobody else in my life that I have any desire to tell though so hopefully I don't have to deal with that sort of reaction again in future.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: LittleTyke, munkey, foxypinky and 3 others
4evercloth said:
I'm confused. You have said in previous posts that your mother-in-law is supportive of your desire to wear diapers and has even changed you on a few occasions.
Outwardly she pretends to be supportive but I know what she really thinks in her heart-she doesn't respect me.

• Sad
Reactions: foxypinky, KBoy and artemisenterri
Lyric said:
Outwardly she pretends to be supportive but I know what she really thinks in her heart-she doesn't respect me.
Her actions are more important than any potential thoughts you have projected on to her. You can never really know what's in someone else's heart unless they come right out and tell you. If she really did change you then she is absolutely supportive. She wouldn't have done it otherwise. Just a thought.

Reactions: foxypinky, KBoy, Lyric and 1 other person
foxypinky said:
Does anyone know how friends or parents or ordinary people would respond knowing that you like diapers ?
My parents didn’t respond too well to discovering my diaper obsession, and pretty much made it an ultimatum that the next time they saw it in the house, they would evict me. That is why I have been more insistent on finding folks on here who are cool with indulging in all things ABDL related and don’t threaten to disown me.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: foxypinky, KBoy, Soggy247 and 2 others
Aimeesaurus said:
Only one person in my life knows. His reaction was not great. There was some name calling involved. It was extremely hurtful. I'll leave you to guess the particular words that were said. I have nobody else in my life that I have any desire to tell though so hopefully I don't have to deal with that sort of reaction again in future.
I know that exact pain. That is how I've been treated by the one person who knows the full details about what makes me "me"...

• Sad
Reactions: LittleTyke, foxypinky, KBoy and 1 other person
artemisenterri said:
I know that exact pain. That is how I've been treated by the one person who knows the full details about what makes me "me"...
You have my sympathy, people can be so unkind and quick to judge. It especially hurts when what we're doing doesn't harm anyone at all.

Reactions: LittleTyke, foxypinky and artemisenterri
Aimeesaurus said:

Thats really sad. I'm sorry that happened to you. I have been on the receiving end of that behaviour too and it did leave me with trauma.

Reactions: foxypinky and KBoy
MetalDan86 said:
My parents didn’t respond too well to discovering my diaper obsession, and pretty much made it an ultimatum that the next time they saw it in the house, they would evict me. That is why I have been more insistent on finding folks on here who are cool with indulging in all things ABDL related and don’t threaten to disown me.

My mother gave me the same ultimatum when i was 30. I had to move back in with her because my x had outed me and i had to move towns over night.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: foxypinky, KBoy, artemisenterri and 1 other person
I'm not a DL but an age-regressor who does wear 27/4. Tbh, I've never had any particularly bad reactions to it. I don't tell non-ABDL/little/agere people out of the blue, but if the subject comes up or they ask about it, I would be honest. I don't unnecessarily bother people with it and try to be reasonably discrete with it. But I also don't go out of my way to hide the fact that I wear 24/7, but nobody really seems to notice.

My parents and bf know, some friends (but most of then are abdl so...). My mum is super okay with it and I think my dad's a tad uncomfortable with it but doesn't say. I do make sure to not put it in plain sight to make sure people don't get uncomfortable ofc.

Reactions: SoggyRunner, dogboy, artemisenterri and 3 others
Aimeesaurus said:
Her actions are more important than any potential thoughts you have projected on to her. You can never really know what's in someone else's heart unless they come right out and tell you. If she really did change you then she is absolutely supportive. She wouldn't have done it otherwise. Just a thought.
I'm sure you re right. It's always been so hard for me to totally accept myself for being a DL, so I know I tend to project my own insufficiencies and weaknesses onto others. How do you manage to deal with the DL side of your personality, has it caused any negative feeling about yourself and if so how have you managed to work it out successfully. I know you are young and a student of psychology. Do you see yourself continuing wear diapers more or less recreationally indefinitely, or is this something you believe you can easily turn off.

Reactions: Miccheck, artemisenterri, foxypinky and 1 other person
Lyric said:
I'm sure you re right. It's always been so hard for me to totally accept myself for being a DL, so I know I tend to project my own insufficiencies and weaknesses onto others. How do you manage to deal with the DL side of your personality, has it caused any negative feeling about yourself and if so how have you managed to work it out successfully. I know you are young and a student of psychology. Do you see yourself continuing wear diapers more or less recreationally indefinitely, or is this something you believe you can easily turn off.
I really struggled to accept the shame that came along with being a DL. Especially with a partner being extremely judgemental about it. A lot of my acceptance comes from knowing that, no matter what anyone else thinks, I know I'm not hurting anybody. I think that's what's most important to me.

I don't have any issues with hiding that I love diapers from people. I don't tell people regularly what underwear I'm wearing, so why would I tell them I'm wearing diapers?

It's not something I can turn off, no. In fact, if I was able to afford the cost, I'd wear 24/7. I can go a while without wearing without being bothered by it though. I'm not constantly thinking about diapers. At this point, I have no plans to stop wearing altogether. But I only wear when I deem it appropriate and safe to do so. Hope this helps 🙂

• Love
Reactions: Miccheck, dogboy, artemisenterri and 3 others
Aimeesaurus said:
I really struggled to accept the shame that came along with being a DL. Especially with a partner being extremely judgemental about it. A lot of my acceptance comes from knowing that, no matter what anyone else thinks, I know I'm not hurting anybody. I think that's what's most important to me.

I don't have any issues with hiding that I love diapers from people. I don't tell people regularly what underwear I'm wearing, so why would I tell them I'm wearing diapers?

It's not something I can turn off, no. In fact, if I was able to afford the cost, I'd wear 24/7. I can go a while without wearing without being bothered by it though. I'm not constantly thinking about diapers. At this point, I have no plans to stop wearing altogether. But I only wear when I deem it appropriate and safe to do so. Hope this helps 🙂
Like you I know what I do isn't hurting anyone, I never felt that way at all. But I do know I couldn't live without wearing diapers and using them for long, I've tried. It's impossible for me to ignore what I know others think about such things which has meant that I've to keep it private, secret from eveyone, until at some point you have to let someone into this side of me, in order to have meaningful lasting relationships with others. So, you do what you have to do to remain sane in this life, buts its not all a bed of roses. I've had to take risks at times to find love and companionship.

Reactions: artemisenterri
Many many years ago, when I first moved out of my parents house (17 and hadn't even finished highschool yet. My dad kicked me out of his house). One of my roomates knew I was a DL. He was super cool with it. I could go about the house in just a diaper & T-shirt all day if I wanted. Which I frequently did! I could wear under my clothes anytime and go out in public like that anytime.
When I moved to another city and had my own apartment I wore whenever I wanted, but NO ONE knew. I'd heard too many horror stoires of people coming out to friends & family.
Years later I got married. 99.99% happy married life, so don't feel too bad for me. I told my wife and she did not like it. I still wore, descreetly and always when alone. I kept everything contained in 2 totes in the closet crawl space. This wad untill she began making statements to the effect that she didn't know if she could put up with it anymore or not. So, one day, before I had a major surgery, (if things went bad I didn't want anyone to find my diapers, so I threw them all out). That's been about 8 years ago.
Today, having a family, I wont dare breathe a word of this to anyone. It's a price I have to pay for the life I live, but I'm okay with that.
No one knows the future though, so the possibility will always be there that someday I might tell someone.

Ok, , , , end of book. LOL

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Miccheck, dogboy, artemisenterri and 2 others
Lyric said:
Like you I know what I do isn't hurting anyone, I never felt that way at all. But I do know I couldn't live without wearing diapers and using them for long, I've tried. It's impossible for me to ignore what I know others think about such things which has meant that I've to keep it private, secret from eveyone, until at some point you have to let someone into this side of me, in order to have meaningful lasting relationships with others. So, you do what you have to do to remain sane in this life, buts its not all a bed of roses. I've had to take risks at times to find love and companionship.
Yeah it seems to be a sad part of this kink/lifestyle for a lot of us. People are unwilling to look past their preconceived notions of what ABDL is. It's really unfortunate. For me, the only person it is essential to tell would be a partner, but I realise that's not practical for everyone.

Reactions: artemisenterri, foxypinky, Lyric and 1 other person
Aimeesaurus said:
Yeah it seems to be a sad part of this kink/lifestyle for a lot of us. People are unwilling to look past their preconceived notions of what ABDL is. It's really unfortunate. For me, the only person it is essential to tell would be a partner, but I realise that's not practical for everyone.
My advice is too open up with the person you would like to be partner with sooner rather than later. There are too many of us who waited far too long and ended up with a failed relationship that may have ended up working had we been honest from the get go.

• Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle, artemisenterri and foxypinky
Back