how do I get a photo from my phone to my pc?

hub121

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I took a picture on my cell phone (android) that I want to transfer it to my computer. How would I go about doing that?

Reactions: Edgewater
There's various ways: easiest is with your usb charging/data cable (as long as it's not one of those cheapo ones which don't transfer data).
If you back-up to Google, your pic should already be on your cloud when you sign-in on your PC.
Emailing it to yourself is another easy way.

• Love
Another easy way is using Google Drive. Upload it to your drive and then log in on your pc. Then the pic should be in recent. I do this on the daily.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys. I was able to email it to myself.

• Love
I’ve emailed myself photos from my IPhone and then opened them with my email on my laptop. I don’t know much about Android phones, but as Ade said using my usb to lightning charging cable plugged into the usb port of my laptop is another way of transferring a photo. iTunes on my laptop lets me transfer photos as well. It’s kind of like that old Simon and Garfunkel song, “There Must Be Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover”, but in this case there must be fifty was to transfer your photo.

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
Here's what I do: take the picture, send it to myself with messenger, which will show up on the pc too, open the conversation I had with myself, and save the picture to my computer.

I use bluetooth sometimes, but mostly cable - is faster.

Last edited:
I generally take the email approach. Of course, if one is sending diaper pictures or anything else of a private nature, for God’s sake, double-check the To: line before tapping Send!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Elmo, BrokenMoon, theancientmariner and 3 others
Happy to hear you were able to transfer your photo!!

Antientmariner said:
Here's what I do: take the picture, send it to myself with messenger, which will show up on the pc too, open the conversation I had with myself, and save the picture to my computer.
I used to do this myself but then I felt like I had to talk, or should I say text, myself and you know how I can be! So there’s that.

Cottontail said:
I generally take the email approach. Of course, if one is sending diaper pictures or anything else of a private nature, for God’s sake, double-check the To: line before tapping Send!
Oh man, you gotta see how many times I check the recipient's email before sending my pics! We have many redundancies to keep our secret a shh shh

Reactions: Edgewater and Cottontail
You can email to any email address from messenger just type email in instead of phone or contact name so email it to yourself and open it on your computer i do that a lot with web address or pics

I usually just send it as an email to myself

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin and Edgewater
Transferring photos from your Android phone to your computer is a breeze. One way is to connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. Once connected, your computer should recognize your phone as a storage device, allowing you to access its files. You can then navigate to the "DCIM" folder, where your photos are usually stored, and copy the desired picture to your computer's local storage.
Once you've transferred the photo to your computer, you can further optimize its file size with compress jpeg. This can be useful if you're planning to share the photo online or via email, as it reduces the file size without compromising image quality.

Last edited:
Back