How do I cover stink?

Allegro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
So I cleaned up just after having an accident but the stink still lingered in the room and was noticed by my mom. What is the best way to cover this smell?

Get rid of the evidence ASAP and just spray round your room.

buy cans of glen 20 deodorizing spay or something and afterwards you tell her your spraying your shooes because they stink

Crack the window, turn the ceiling fan on get some sort if circulating air going. If allowed a nice scented candle works too. Not stewing in it helps too. 😋

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor and LilxFawn
First, get rid of the cause as soon as possible. The longer it is in the room, the worst it is.

The best method is opening windows and getting the inside air to blow out to the outside and fresh air into the room.

Of course this works best in warmer weather.

If that can't be done, the idea of an air freshener is the next best thing.

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor
Use scented trash bags and double bag, have scented candles/use air freshener, open a window and turn on a fan.

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor and LilxFawn
Get rid of evidence ASAP spray yout room with air freshner if you have a ceiling fan or any fan will do and open your windows

Mint is great for covering up smells. Like everyone else said though, get rid of the source of the odor ASAP. You can diffuse peppermint oil in a diffuser or clean with mint scented cleaners. It’s a strong smell that takes over anything else. I use mint scented cleaner and baby powder to clean up if my dog pees or poos in the house (she’s old and can’t help it sometimes). I also diffuse peppermint oil in my diffuser if one of us spills something smelly or I use especially strong cleaning chemicals that day and don’t want the smell lingering. Scented trash bags and a trash can with a lid also help btw. Good luck!

LilxFawn said:
You can diffuse peppermint oil in a diffuser or clean with mint scented cleaners. It’s a strong smell that takes over anything else.
I have found that oil diffusers are great for covering the smell. I usually diffuse lavender or orange but I'll try some peppermint!

Reactions: LilxFawn
Allegro said:
I have found that oil diffusers are great for covering the smell. I usually diffuse lavender or orange but I'll try some peppermint!
Make sure it’s pharmaceutical grade!!!! Any other won’t be pure enough and probably won’t be very healthy for you to breathe in. Just letting you know

Back