How Do Furry And Little Intersect For You?

Sterling

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Hello all! I hope you're having a wonderful day so far.
I was wondering what being a babyfur means for you. It's a lovely subculture in both communities and I am a part of both
But being babyfur specifically doesn't quite "click" for me yet. I mostly just use my little sona for artwork here and there and haven't had much of a chance to connect with them, I suppose.

So where and how does the furry part in "babyfur" come out for you? :) Or is it more about the baby part coming out of the furry?

These are all very strange sentences or if context, but I hope I make sense. Thanks for taking the time to look. :)

Reactions: PichuCubJacob, CrayonRocket and Cottontail
I think it’s just because I’m a furry and a little! I just combine the two versions of myself that makes me the happiest and out comes my babyfur sona.

Reactions: babyjunior03, CrayonRocket and Sterling
I basically couldn’t manifest my fursona without exploring my “little” side. That said, my babyfur/littlefur part of me would only come out in “private” scenarios.

Reactions: Winnie, mistykitty, UnsaltedVege and 2 others
First off, welcome to ADISC, @Sterling! Super cute sona and artwork in general! I hope you find the place fun and supportive.

To your question: I was aware of furries long before I identified as one. The appeal really hit me when I started interacting with other ABDLs and learned about babyfurs. For me, it was sort of like a framework for safely representing my little side. I wouldn't say that my fursona is a literal piece of me like some furries would, but she's a combination of things I have been, or am, or would wish to be, and other things that I just find cute and fun. I still feel a really strong connection to her, but you might say that it's "by design." She's a very deliberate expression of littleness that helps me interact with other ABDLs/littles and gives me a real sense of identity that I might not otherwise have, in part because of privacy concerns. In short: Little first, furry second, but for me the whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winnie, CrayonRocket and Sterling
Oh wow, there are some really interesting perspectives here! :D It really gives me some room for thought.

With what both @punkiekit and @BlueFazeButDL have said, it sounds like being a babyfur is a "best of both worlds" situation.
It's made me realize that I've been a furry for (much, MUCH) longer than I realized that I was a little. I guess they still kinda feel separate to me in a way and perhaps the interests will combine for me in time. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, complements, and thoughtful answer, @Cottontail!
It's made me realize that I've been a furry for (much, MUCH) longer than I've been a little. I guess they still kinda feel separate to me in a way and perhaps the interests will combine for me in time. :)
I do feel the same way towards my fursona and babyfur sona. They're almost an idealized version of myself that help me to feel comfortable when interacting with strangers on the Internet. (I've never felt particularly comfortable in my own skin, but that's a whole 'nother barrel of fish lol)
Both are definitely better for having the other, for sure.

Reactions: mistykitty, Cottontail and CrayonRocket
At first I tried to keep the baby part and the furry part separate but at some point they ended up getting combined and I realized that I like that more than either one on their own

Reactions: puppyblue4, mistykitty, Jonnythepony and 2 others
I’m little and I love animals, so I want to be both! I don’t really interact with the furry community, just babyfurs ^_^ I used to though, I even have a fursuit

Reactions: mistykitty, Sterling and CrayonRocket
Sterling said:
Hello all! I hope you're having a wonderful day so far.
I was wondering what being a babyfur means for you. It's a lovely subculture in both communities and I am a part of both
But being babyfur specifically doesn't quite "click" for me yet. I mostly just use my little sona for artwork here and there and haven't had much of a chance to connect with them, I suppose.

So where and how does the furry part in "babyfur" come out for you? :) Or is it more about the baby part coming out of the furry?

These are all very strange sentences or if context, but I hope I make sense. Thanks for taking the time to look. :)
Good Afternoon!
I am both a "Little" and a "Furry".
I am Autistic and I know a lot of Autistics who are Furries.
I have been a "Furry" forr 50+ years.
Before the Furry Fandom even came together.

Reactions: Winnie, mistykitty, Sterling and 1 other person
I'm inherently a Furry; my fursona is me and I am her. So everything I do, its a part of her. Additionally, My experience of Furry, or the roots of what it means to me at least, can be traced back to I ALWAYS played an animal as a kid, never a super hero, or cowgirl or whatever, at least not a human one. I never wanted to let go of that, as I feel much more connected to my fursona than I ever did to any expression of "being human".
All of that to say, being little and being a babyfur are simply direct synonyms in my experience.

Reactions: mistykitty, Cottontail, Sterling and 1 other person
These are all really neat experiences to read about. :)

@PaddedCub It's interesting that you interact with the babyfur community but not the furry community at large. Do these feel like separate groups to you, or do you just happen to hang out with the babyfurs since you share a more niche interest? (If you didn't mind my asking, of course.)

@caitianx Woah, for 50+ years? That's amazing! Did you first discover furries with the underground comics or was it something else entirely?
I think it makes sense that the furry subculture has a lot of members that maybe don't quite "get" human social interactions, myself included (Though I've never been officially diagnosed with anything in particular, there's definitely SOMETHING going on in that brain of mine haha.)

@SnepperStepper First of all, your username is fantastic. :)
I can definitely relate to always wanting to play as an animal as a kid! I always wanted to be the dog whenever I played house with the other kids at my daycare lol
It's also nice that you're able to see both sides as you. Perhaps I still feel like there's a rift between the two for me. (And considering that my livelihood is literally neck deep in fandom, I suppose that also makes sense.)

I appreciate everyone who's shared their experiences so far! It's really given me a lot of insight and introspection!

Reactions: SnepperStepper, CrayonRocket and Cottontail
Back in 1973 when STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL ANIMATED SERIES first came on the air, I latched onto the Felinoid Species, the Caitians.
I have been a Caitian ever since.
Season 5 of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE was supposed to have a 2 or 3 episode story arc with the Caitians and Kzinti before it got cancelled.

Reactions: CrayonRocket and Cottontail
Sterling said:
I can definitely relate to always wanting to play as an animal as a kid! I always wanted to be the dog whenever I played house with the other kids at my daycare lol
It's also nice that you're able to see both sides as you. Perhaps I still feel like there's a rift between the two for me. (And considering that my livelihood is literally neck deep in fandom, I suppose that also makes sense.)
thanks! my mommy picked it out for me 😹

Making a passion into something that keeps ya afloat monetarily tends to do that ;3 I hope you find ways to mend that rift to be a fuller you ^^

Reactions: Cottontail
For me I don't want to be human and I don't want to be an adult, I honestly would take an opportunity to be turned into my fursona and made into a diaper-dependent cub, they're linked together for me. I'm a possumbunny on the inside, and I'm a toddler on the inside, I can't have one without the other.

Reactions: wolfieblue, SnepperStepper, Dragon64 and 1 other person
TryssGoldear said:
For me I don't want to be human and I don't want to be an adult, I honestly would take an opportunity to be turned into my fursona and made into a diaper-dependent cub, they're linked together for me. I'm a possumbunny on the inside, and I'm a toddler on the inside, I can't have one without the other.
This is exactly how I feel about my fursona and littleness. If i could become them i would. i had actually done a poll about this a few months ago and it turned into a very interesting thread if you want to try to find it. She is babyfur diaperfur and shares the same name as my profile here. i was able to make my icon look mostly like here. I actually have two mistykitty (bunny kitten age 1-3) and kaylakitten (Kitten puppy age 1-2). Mistykitty is my usual one but if I'm feeling especially little that's where the other comes in. I only have a suit for my misty one right now. I feel like I was always a furry and little as well. Always id'd more with animals then humans. Always felt little and never wanted to be out of diapers but that was forced upon me. The backstory for both of mine is that misty "failed" litterbox training and kayla was unwilling to train at all because they both enjoy diapers more. Again if I could live as either or live as both and switch between them I totally would not hesitate. I have gone to cons but i always make sure they have a babyfur area just in case it's one of the cons that adultfurs want to be seperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnepperStepper
mistykitty said:
This is exactly how I feel about my fursona and littleness. If i could become them i would. i had actually done a poll about this a few months ago and it turned into a very interesting thread if you want to try to find it. She is babyfur diaperfur and shares the same name as my profile here. i was able to make my icon look mostly like here. I actually have two mistykitty (bunny kitten age 1-3) and kaylakitten (Kitten puppy age 1-2). Mistykitty is my usual one but if I'm feeling especially little that's where the other comes in. I only have a suit for my misty one right now. I feel like I was always a furry and little as well. Always id'd more with animals then humans. Always felt little and never wanted to be out of diapers but that was forced upon me. The backstory for both of mine is that misty "failed" litterbox training and kayla was unwilling to train at all because they both enjoy diapers more. Again if I could live as either or live as both and switch between them I totally would not hesitate. I have gone to cons but i always make sure they have a babyfur area just in case it's one of the cons that adultfurs want to be seperate.
Yep! I also feel like I was always a furry and I potty trained super late so definitely animal stuff and diapers are linked (I have a memory of playing 'lost dogs' on the playground, one of my friends sniffing my butt after I had an accident and telling the teacher I need a change, I'm sure that hasn't contributed to any of my kinks or agere tendencies lol).

In terms of Tryss, they tend to be more of the ages 4-6, and aren't out of diapers mostly because of their special needs and because they refuse to potty train on account of their sensory sensitivities. I also try to seek out cons with a strong babyfur presence.

Reactions: mistykitty
Sterling said:

@PaddedCub It's interesting that you interact with the babyfur community but not the furry community at large. Do these feel like separate groups to you, or do you just happen to hang out with the babyfurs since you share a more niche interest? (If you didn't mind my asking, of course.)

@caitianx Woah, for 50+ years? That's amazing! Did you first discover furries with the underground comics or was it something else entirely?
I think it makes sense that the furry subculture has a lot of members that maybe don't quite "get" human social interactions, myself included (Though I've never been officially diagnosed with anything in particular, there's definitely SOMETHING going on in that brain of mine haha.)

I appreciate everyone who's shared their experiences so far! It's really given me a lot of insight and introspection!

I hang out with the babyfurs because we share a common interest! The general community is very vast, and I struggled to find common ground with people besides enjoying anthropomorphic animal characters. People like to talk about more than just talking animals when they become friends lol

Once I discovered babyfurs it was a lot easier because it’s two interests in one, and because there’s more interests that stem from littleness that I also enjoy. Like cartoons, crafts, diapers, kids games etc

Reactions: mistykitty and SnepperStepper
PaddedCub said:
I hang out with the babyfurs because we share a common interest! The general community is very vast, and I struggled to find common ground with people besides enjoying anthropomorphic animal characters. People like to talk about more than just talking animals when they become friends lol

Once I discovered babyfurs it was a lot easier because it’s two interests in one, and because there’s more interests that stem from littleness that I also enjoy. Like cartoons, crafts, diapers, kids games etc
I definitely find it harder to connect with furries who aren't also into diapers. Diapers and littleness are such a big part of my identity that I literally feel like a cub trying to talk to an adult when someone doesn't at least have an interest in them.

Reactions: mistykitty and PaddedCub
I'm a little who likes anthros, and I like little things, like diapers, cartoons and such....So, it all clicked together for me!

For myself, I am a furry and really enjoy drawing furry art, so generally speaking, being a furry and little come together in how I like to draw art of my character to express little feelings. It helps get out little emotions. Furry art is just kinda the natural route I took for that one since I just prefer it for myself.

Reactions: wolfieblue
TryssGoldear said:
I definitely find it harder to connect with furries who aren't also into diapers. Diapers and littleness are such a big part of my identity that I literally feel like a cub trying to talk to an adult when someone doesn't at least have an interest in them.
Yes yes exactly!

Back